On fin and looking at HT options travelling from 🇦🇺

Hi all,

I have been debating whether or not I should go down the HT road. I have been reading many posts on the subject and following peoples journeys as they progress through their own HT’s.

I would say I am norwood 2-3 l, have been using fin for over 12 months which has stabilised the loss any further. I’m 35 y.o and I am wanting to try and attain a decent hairline as it has receded in the temple areas and somewhat unevenly. Also the vertex region has thinned .

I have had a consultation online with Dr. Erdogan and if I go for one I will go to Turkey as I can’t find any decent info on Australian clinics. Also I have found that Asmed have great results.

I will attach some pics of my consultation and would love to hear some feedback on what you all think about the number of grafts quoted- (4000-4500). Seems a bit on the high side but I understand that Asmed like to dense pack hairlines. I’m just not sure about it all and would like to hear from others especially Australians and if they feel all the travel and cost was worth it in the long run.

Thanks

F80D3B22-32A7-4FAF-AB92-48353C5AE635.thumb.jpg.d92135150282076b183df0ec808c8b69.jpg

07DAF916-4F33-4AD7-A802-30B6692EEAC0.thumb.jpg.d1efff237fb9066361cd9ca0ec260ec6.jpg

I went to ASMED from Australia, there are simply no options in this country so regardless of who you opt for you will have to travel if you want good results. I'd say get it done. 4000 sounds realistic if the thinning areas are to be filled.

Thanks for the reply and the encouragement Jean. I think I have read too many forum posts about the pros and cons of it all so I guess I should stop contemplating and take the plunge as they say. I just don’t want to end up having a bad outcome and not being able to cut my hair short as I am now running a number 1 buzz cut and being in the sun all the time it doesn’t look so bad or noticeable. However I work in the mining industry and will have to wear a hard hat to work. Not sure on how long I’ll need off before I can do that to my head after a HT.

Give it at least 10 days from the date of the procedure so it can be nice and clean with all the scabs off and healed nicely. Most studies give about 7 days before you should have no issues with the grafts being anchored, and definitely fine at 10. Cosmetically noticeable scarring with an FUE at that number is unlikely to be an issue even with a tight buzz after the redness goes away, or you grow it out for even a month in which case no one will notice.

That seems like a high number of grafts as you still have a lot of hair left. It's visibly thin, but not too bad and it's questionable whether it's thin enough to safely transplant to. That's just my opinion. Your photos aren't that clear. Could you take some more?

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

I thought Knudsen in Melbourne had some decent results, he may have retired now though not sure.

I saw a youtube video `death of a follicle` by an Australian doctor was an interesting watch.

Perhaps just have a few fue into the forelock see how they grow and heal

All the best

ej

I have been wondering about that myself Mattj. I have seen before and after photos of people with further developed hairloss with good results from fewer grafts and I’m still unsure about depleting donor by so much to start with. I currently have a number 1 buzz cut so photos won’t show much really but I can put them up anyways.

Ej I have heard of knudsen clinic in melbourne. There is also a doctor Alam. AMS clinic I have seen some patient before and after pics and they look ok too but can’t find any info on him.

It's definitely worth showing us more photos. Photos of buzzed hair aren't ideal, but it's worth sharing them. I would hope that your consultation was based on more than the photos shown above as they really aren't enough for an accurate assessment.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Ej I have heard of knudsen clinic in melbourne. There is also a doctor Alam. AMS clinic I have seen some patient before and after pics and they look ok too but can’t find any info on him.

I think Knudsen was one of the few options in Australia. I think he may have retired. You really need to research and meet people who have had procedures from any doc you consider.

I would definitely consult with the `brother and sister` based in Sydney who posted that you tube video, apparently he is very good at fue. Well worth a consultation as you gain more knowledge and information. You probably could also arrange to meet a few of the Doctors clients get valuable 1st hand feedback

Don't consult Knudsen or especially not Dr. W00ds who is a horrible surgeon and well behind the times. W00ds likes to discredit the entire FUE industry on a regular basis and is considered by most to be a crackpot. Also he charges $10 per graft, which is not joke when his results are complete garbage. How can you in good faith recommend consultation with Dr W00ds when looking at his horrible results?

Funny enough also on my flight from Qatar on the way back from Turkey the guy I was sitting next to on the flight had had an 850 graft FUT from Knudsen and it looked like a thin, diffused ratsnest of a hairline, although the main issue was that everything behind it had gone. There are virtually no recent results available to look at from Knudsen on his website or elsewhere online. If FUT is a consideration why in the world would you pay more with Knudsen even including travel than you would if you chose top-end surgeons like Rahal or Hasson/Wong who have proven track records? Stupidity.

OP, consult some other clinics like Lorenzo's or Hasson/Wongs if you feel you need a second opinion, but don't waste your time with incompetent Australian doctors.

Suppose that is the thing about opinions, everyone has one. I have only ever seen good results from that Doctor in Sydney therefore no harm with a consult as can only be a positive if it provides info for the op on donor availabilty/ quality, expectations etc

ej

Suppose that is the thing about opinions, everyone has one. I have only ever seen good results from that Doctor in Sydney therefore no harm with a consult as can only be a positive if it provides info for the op on donor availabilty/ quality, expectations etc

ej

Then your opinion and judgement of aesthetics is absolutely horrible and you should do more research, also into his ethical practises over the years. Saying it can only be a positive for a noobie to consult a surgeon who is known for being unethical, attacking other surgeons and having crackpot opinions that don't align with the mainstream is simply not true.

The man in 2018 still doesn't even use HD recordings for his videos. Pluggy, multi grafts in the hairlines, irregular density, ludicrous and unnatural design, lack of any cosmetic improvement, tiny graft numbers and density which is well behind the times and some of his work using BHT quite frankly is leaving people looking like Frankenstein. Get real.

There is no harm in having a consultation. It can only be of benefit to someone conducting their research.

You have gone to a lot of trouble to attack anyone with a different opinion to your own

that is very unusual ...................

There is no harm in having a consultation. It can only be of benefit to someone conducting their research.

You have gone to a lot of trouble to attack anyone with a different opinion to your own

that is very unusual ...................

Not unusual at all, you've said a lot of silly things before such as that Bisanga doesn't take difficult cases and quite frankly considering that W00ds has some of the worst FUE results in the world of any regarded surgeon (mainly because he pioneered FUE) I don't think you're a good source of info if you would tell someone to go anywhere near him. I'm also an Australian myself so did heavy research into surgeons here and W00ds stood out as one who was particularly ridiculous.

https://www.knudsen.com.au/hair-transplant-before-after-slider

On Knudsen look at the 651 graft case near the middle (aside from all the rest). Just horrible work.

Not unusual at all, you've said a lot of silly things before such as that Bisanga doesn't take difficult cases and quite frankly W00ds has some of the worst FUE results in the world of any regarded surgeon (mainly because he pioneered FUE) so I don't think you're a good source of info if you would tell someone to go anywhere near him. I'm also an Australian myself so did heavy research into surgeons here and W00ds stood out as one who was particularly ridiculous.

https://www.knudsen.com.au/hair-transplant-before-after-slider

Also on Knudsen look at the 651 graft case near the middle (aside from all the rest). Just horrible work.

Please can you show me were exactly I have said that ...... no rush ...

Please can you show me were exactly I have said that ...... no rush ...

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/search.php?searchid=3227842

"I don't think what I have said is outside of common knowledge. Bisanga is well known for only taking on cases where they can get a really good result."

Despite the fact that he's well known for repair work by anyone whos done a tiny little bit of research.

Jean is sometimes "very straight Forward" but in this case he is spot on! Do not (!) go to this clinics. If these are published results (=their best results), I have a hard time to imagine what the worst cases look like. This is not state of the art, period.

Jean is sometimes "very straight Forward" but in this case he is spot on! Do not (!) go to this clinics. If these are published results (=their best results), I have a hard time to imagine what the worst cases look like. This is not state of the art, period.

Really ? He has mis-quoted me.

Most of these videos are repair procedures. No doctor is a miracle worker and for the number of grafts used there appears to be a big improvement.

We also remain unaware if any of these are a finished result or a work in progress. Often repair procedures are staged in several small sessions to give the best possibilty for graft survival and yield as vascularity in scar tissue is often compromised and needs to be reestablished.

Yes, really!

I know that this was a misquote, as I am also in the other thread. This quote was from the user "Superdudeo". But I do not care for this personal topics.

What I care for are results, and these results are bad! And not bad because of bad growth, which even the best clincs have 1 out of 100 times. The planning is bad from the begin with. And these are handpicked results of the clinic showcasing their best results. Please ....