New Member (Konior vs. Rahal)

I am partial because I have only let Dr. Konior operate on me. Both are great surgeons....but I've seen some sub-par Rahal cases. I have not seen any sub-par Konior cases and he has been doing this, jeez, 25 years. If you are looking at a FUT, I don't think there is a better scar surgeon on the planet than Dr. Konior. If you are doing FUE, it feels reassuring to know he does all the extractions, etc. and only does 1 surgery per day.

Only cons are you will have to get on a long wait list and he might be out of some peoples' price ranges. Everyone has different circumstances.

Thank you so much. It’s not easy to pay around 20k for a cosmetic procedure, but I figured it’s an investment in myself. I, like anyone else here, want excellent results. It seems like everybody who has gone with Konior is pretty happy. I am yet to come across a less than happy patient. However, most of Rahal results are very impressive.

I had pretty advanced hair loss and I knew getting into HT's I had to devise a plan and plan multiple procedures to achieve the result that I wanted.

This was my last and final one but If I had to choose between the two I honestly couldn't. Both are world class.

HT#1 - Dr. Rahal (Jan 2012) - 4700 grafts

HT#2 - Dr. Rahal (Jan 2014) - 1800 grafts

HT#3 - Dr. Konior (Jan 2018) - 1200 grafts

Bump!!

Both are top notch for FUT. I’ve never really researched FUE. See my signature if you feel like viewing my results with Dr. Rahal.

I’d be completely comfortable and at-ease with either surgeon :-)

3185 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 2/17/16

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/182611-fut-3185-dr-rahal-day-after-pics.html

1204 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 3/27/17

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/186586-round-2-rahal-1204-fut-frontal-third-same-area.html

---> total of 4389 grafts to my frontal third via FUT

---> 1mg finasteride daily since 1999:)

Both great doctors, both outstanding in hairline work. I am biased of course. Dr Rahal tends to do more density and be less conservative.

Dr Rahal has hundreds of outstanding results on this site. let me know if i can be of any assistance to connect you with our consultant or send you specific results that match you pattern of hairloss.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Both are top notch for FUT. I’ve never really researched FUE. See my signature if you feel like viewing my results with Dr. Rahal.

I’d be completely comfortable and at-ease with either surgeon :-)

Ernie - just went through your FUT pics. Looks like I have a larger real estate to cover than yours but I'm worried about the scar since I keep my hair short in the back.

Can you post a pic of your scar - I know you keep your hair long but when you keep it short, is the scar visible?

IMG_6277.thumb.jpg.684ee4c1e4e66ccaace58e49c500460c.jpg

Thank you all for your input. It seems like many have had multiple surgeries, which is something that I really don’t want to do.

nobody wants to but it is just the reality of hair transplants. Hair loss progresses, you may find you want to increase density in a 2nd or touch up an area further in a 2nd and so on but multiple procedures over a lifetime are the norm.

I am partial because I have only let Dr. Konior operate on me. Both are great surgeons....but I've seen some sub-par Rahal cases. I have not seen any sub-par Konior cases and he has been doing this, jeez, 25 years.

This exactly sums it up concisely.

If you can get the booking date go with Konior.

If you have some pressing circumstances to go with Rahal, for example if you're a stone's throw away etc. then maybe only in that case I would select Rahal.

My comments stand for both FUE and FUT.

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)