How important is it to fix temporal points

Hello I am booked in for a HT in November with Dr Erdogan, I plan on getting my hairline repaired but I'm wondering would it look strange if I left my temporal points as they are to save grafts for a later date?

I see a lot of HT with very strong triangle temporal points so just wondered if it is nessecasy for a good look?,

IMG_1312.thumb.jpg.60a6ab77088b550184675fe5f74d5fdc.jpg

Hi Marky,

Personally I think it's important as it frames the face, which in my opinion is the most important aspect (certainly for me) of the HT result. I have very poor temples, and when I have my HT with Asmed, I hope it can be addressed. Good luck on your procedure, I will be a few weeks ahead of you.

J

5024 grafts with Asmed Clinic. Dr Koray 25th & 26th Oct 2017

Those who spend their time looking for the faults in others usually make no time to correct their own. –Art Janak

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/187649-countdown-my-hair-transplant.html

Ya i think you need temple points man they are key in framing the face and yours are nonexistent atm. Always looks weird when a guy has a great hairline with no temple points. Usually a sign of an HT patient or a wig wearer.

Some men never have strong temporal points, even before MPB. I'm one of those men. It looks like you could benefit from work in that area and it would definitely have an aesthetic impact.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Temple points are critical in framing the face. Make sure the doctor actually follows the type of temple points writtten and discussed and does not push their own advice or does something else at time of surgery. You do not want to become a repair case trying to fix framing and density issues later. It is the last fucking thingg anyone wants. Best of luck to you.

Restoring temple points can make quite a big aesthetic difference while not using up too many precious grafts, so certainly worth considering.

I am an online representative for Farjo Hair Institute

Dr. Bessam Farjo is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions shared are my own.

Hello I am booked in for a HT in November with Dr Erdogan, I plan on getting my hairline repaired but I'm wondering would it look strange if I left my temporal points as they are to save grafts for a later date?

I see a lot of HT with very strong triangle temporal points so just wondered if it is nessecasy for a good look?,

Hi Marky9829

Firstly, great choice of surgeon. I had my HT done with him in July. I must say the temporal region was something I never thought about when booking my HT. It wasn't until I arrived and Dr Erdogan drew my lines that I realised how far back and thined out they were. I wasn't overly bothered about the temporal region at the time but he said it was important in framing my face. As this was my main goal I decided to just go with his recommendations. I trusted his opinions and the hairline he drew as it was his results and hair lines that made me choose him. I'm must say so far I am glad I had it done, when seeing my new hairline straight after the surgery and the days that followed I was really impressed! Then having lost all my transplanted hair (im at the 2 months stage) I am missing and realising how important they are. I now also notice that pretty much all guys with good hair lines have good temporal hairline too.

I have written up my experience and results so far if you want to have a look at it you might find it useful. Good luck in November.

3215 grafts fue with ASMED (Dr Erdogan) 26th July 2017

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/187806-nw3-3200-grafts-dr-erdogan.html

I think this is the most inportant place to start. Now i have a relative who has 5 brothers 2 have full baldness and 3 have some. one of them in 40s has had hair loss at the crown and temporal points he has been like that for many years, same as me.

So i'm thinking how many years you can enjoy and frame the face if you get these done!

All about your face shape, some men rock a high forehead and slight recession with distinguished looking results, but many others need some aesthetic help and a filling in of the temples or lowering of the hairline to make a cosmetically beneficial framing of the face.

No one size fits all solution for this particular issue, it's patient to patient, and all about your personal expectations, facial structure, and donor availability.

Hair loss patient and transplant veteran. Once a Norwood 3A.

Received 2,700 grafts with coalition doctor on 8/13/2010

Received 2,380 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 9/30/2011

Received 1,820 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 7/28/2016

Thanks for the reply guys I’ve still not fully made my mind up, I shave the sides of my hair down to NO 0.5/1 so even if I got my temples done they would be shaved anyway.

Want to try and save as many grafts as I can for the future and also if I don’t get them done it’s one less thing to worry about post op of giving the game away.

Do you still think it would look good if I just concentrated on my hairline?

It would be easier to assess if you showed photos without the white outlines. They kind of get in the way. Temporal points can add a lot in terms of aesthetic value, but they aren't necessary and you might find that concentrating on your hairline will have the most impact. With that said, your hairline doesn't look bad now; but I say that on the basis of only one photo angle.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Thanks for the reply, I’ve attached 2 more pictures. My hairline is diffused on one side.i usually have the back and sides cut short so don’t think I’d benefit too much from getting temporal points done at this moment in time. I’d probably rather save the grafts for future loss if I can still get a good result in fixing just my hairline.

I’m hoping to shave the diffuse part and use the test of my hair to cover the operation

E2B3FD00-EA30-40B1-8764-756AEDD48F5C.thumb.jpg.39f5a82ecfc82218f9352698d8e4f20a.jpg

FE259B4A-79DE-4749-819B-12CF6A6530AD.thumb.jpg.9cd1d9ba41a88093f78e7a3b29262725.jpg