Sleeping position how long did you sleep upright after hair transplant FUE

Hi all,

Had my surgery few days now, and ive been told to sleep upright for 2 weeks. Im just wondering how you all have done it, im sleeping with a travel pillow against my bed in almost 90 degrees, my back has started hurting and i think its the posture as im slacking my back etc when im sleeping, and now even when walking i have a slight forward head postion Also when using a travel pillow i feel its restricting the blood to the back of my head, its not a heavy travel pillow.

Theres no proper guide or video on youtube apart from 1 video about unless ive missed it.

It's taken about 2 weeks for me. I'm only a little after 2 weeks after FUT & I couldn't sleep on my head until the sutures were out, & it was still tender a couple of days. I tried setting up my pillows like a hospital, so my body was on an incline, that way your head isn't suddenly jetting forward (which strains your neck), & your back is better supported. I finally got creative at the end & thought about propping up my arms with pillows as well, & that felt better. Sleep was very tough for me the 1st couple of weeks (add the Houston flood on top of that during the 2nd week)..... So I've finally been able to sleep this week! :)

2000 FUT with Dr Bernardino Arocha - August 2017

3-4 days. I used a neck pillow, worked great. But the sleep quality wasn't that great (lol). After that, I just slept on my back (while normally I'm a stomach sleeper).

Proud to be a representative of world elite hair transplant surgeon Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic.

Hairtransplantelite.com

YouTube

Online consultations: damian@bhrclinic.com

I slept in a chair with a neck pillow for a day following my own FUE procedure and then I used the neck pillow to support my head up in the bed on day 2. For the next few days I slept normally but still used the memory foam neck pillow as a support. Worked a treat and does for the majority of patients I recommend it to.

Sleeping upright at 90 degrees for two weeks following an FUE procedure does seems more like some bizarre personal endurance challenge rather than a necessity.

• 3 years later...

After 3 days post-op the grafts are pretty well secured...I resumed a normal sleeping posture after 3 days on all 4 of my procedures.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY