FUE 1818 Grafts Dr B Farjo

micknick

MickNick,

Just had a chance to go through your thread. Strip vs FUE discussions are next to useless at this point you are in. After reading all the posts and discussions, I choose to believe Dr. Farjo must have had your best interest at heart and chose the right procedure based on your UNIQUE INDIVIDUAL NEEDS. Even though he s not renowned for his FUE as much as his Strip work, I suspect yours is going to turn out pretty well.

Grow Well!

Edited by MayiraP0chu

Anyone can be confident with a full head of hair. But a confident bald man - there's your diamond in the rough.

3444 Strip Grafts

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/187543-1-st-hair-transplant-strip-surgery-dr-radha-rani-complete-dossier.html

My Androgenic Alopecia Scrapbook

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/188027-hair-wars-may-follicles-you.html

i agree with people personally FUT would of been better in your case and gave you a better result Dr farjo one of the best FUT surgeons in the world, The best in the UK by a mile, FUE im not so sure does he do the extraction himself?

Appreciate you commenting but can you explain why you think this?

yes because you needed a large amount of hair moving and FUT has a much higher survival rate, FUE is normally used for small session i.e hairline work 100-1200

The survival rate thing is valid and while I agree if I was doing all including my crown I would have needed a lot more grafts but ultimately I didnt want to be greedy and I was adamant I didnt want another scar so that ruled out FUT.

Time will tell, Im hoping the areas I wanted filled in grow and Im happy with the result.

Ive seen guys on here that are looking to have a full density of hair to when they were like 19 years old- I'd look ridiculous if I did that.

The survival rate thing is valid and while I agree if I was doing all including my crown I would have needed a lot more grafts but ultimately I didnt want to be greedy and I was adamant I didnt want another scar so that ruled out FUT.

Time will tell, Im hoping the areas I wanted filled in grow and Im happy with the result.

Ive seen guys on here that are looking to have a full density of hair to when they were like 19 years old- I'd look ridiculous if I did that.

im sure your be happy, i like your last quote, you havnt set your expectations high thats very important as everyone knows your never going to regain your orignal density

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So 5 months post op and things have started moving.

IMG_1391_zpsysn0m5lj.jpg

IMG_1390_zpswyuhrjdo.jpg

IMG_1389_zpso9yjzjhq.jpg

IMG_1388_zpswbgrypib.jpg

IMG_1393_zpslfa8mipq.jpg

IMG_1404_zpswcm3qi44.jpg

For contrast here is an image from the day of my surgery:

DSC00834b_zpsldnzqdbj.jpg

My hair is loads darker and thicker- I have been very strict in using minoxidil foam morning and night and have been taking Biotin every day. Did anyone else find that their hair got darker and Im also getting a fair few grey hairs! Not worried about that one bit but Im pretty happy so far.

The sides where there are gaps have little hairs coming through and there seems to be more each day so am feeling loads more confident and havent worn a hat now for a couple of weeks.

Coming on great. You will find the HT hair is quite wiry and difficult to manage. Biotin and minox definitely thickens the hair up. I think in 3-4 months, you will be even more pleased.

It's a real "Holy Shit" moment, when you see how bald you looked before hand..:D

Coming on great. You will find the HT hair is quite wiry and difficult to manage. Biotin and minox definitely thickens the hair up. I think in 3-4 months, you will be even more pleased.

It's a real "Holy Shit" moment, when you see how bald you looked before hand..:D

Thanks Dolph- appreciate you following this thread and commenting as always nice to get feedback. I realise I havent had the Hollywood number of grafts and therefore people aren’t too interested but I’m excited to see where it goes.

A question for you though- did the front side bits come in later for you? Desperate for them to I’ll in like the front has so have complete coverage.

Everyone is different. Personally, my growth really came on from 5-7 months and I honestly think my result looked better at 7 months, than it does now. My yield on the right side is definitely weaker than the left, but hey, them's the breaks...at least I have a hairline I can style a bit now.

No matter what, you will benefit from the cosmetic improvement this HT will give you. It's money well spent.

There's nothing more demoralising than watching your appearance change, as your hairline recedes over the years... with that .."who the hell is that in the mirror..." feeling...:eek::eek:

Try not to over analyse it at the moment, as it is still very early.

A bit of JFM will sort out the Grey..;):D

• 4 weeks later...

Few days short of 6 months, Im really happy but like I think most people say you start to get greedy. When I look back at photos Im over the moon but Im still hopeful it will thicken up some what and fill in the gaps that are still there.

Any comments appreciated:

IMG_1797_zps3hhgewvd.jpg

IMG_1791_zps392whlp1.jpg

IMG_1770_zps00kjs5wi.jpg

IMG_1768_zpsnpu2l0qo.jpg

IMG_1767_zpsrcp9untl.jpg

micknick, looks like your hair growth is going along very well. I see your hair is still wiry which means you have a thicker and much better looking hair to look forward to in the months ahead. =)

Am surprised that for a relatively small number of grafts, you were able to get a lot of coverage.

Edited by fortuneplant

Looking tremendous. Still early days. Yep... the greed sets in.:D

micknick, looks like your hair growth is going along very well. I see your hair is still wiry which means you have a thicker and much better looking hair to look forward to in the months ahead. =)

Am surprised that for a relatively small number of grafts, you were able to get a lot of coverage.

Thanks guys, appreciate you commenting.

The things thats got me is how dark and thick all my hair has gone.

Do you think the wiry appearance will thicken up and make it appear even thicker?

Really starting to take shape now Mick.

Thanks for the regular updates

I am an online representative for Farjo Hair Institute

Dr. Bessam Farjo is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions shared are my own.

• 4 weeks later...