Hair/Beard/Body Hair Transplant, US Recommended Surgeon REASONABLE PRICE

I had a transplant with Dr. Vories roughly 10 months ago and it turned out phenomenally. My only issue is that, to thicken up the mid-scalp (this area did not receive any donor hair and is now beginning to thin even more), recipient area (front third) and bring in the hairline a smidge, I am quite sure I will need to use at least some beard and body hair.

Dr. Vories does not do beard/body to scalp transplantation. He offered me a very, very competitive rate on the 4K grafts I did have. Now I am in search for a US surgeon, preferably recommended who can do around 1500 FUE grafts from a combo of remaining scalp, beard and possibly body hair.

I have looked into Dr. Umar, but his grafts are roughly double what I was being charged by Dr. Vories who hand placed every single graft himself.

Can someone recommend a surgeon who is reasonably priced for this procedure?

• Moderators

Body hair grafts are going to cost you more than head hair grafts.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

any US surgeon will be charging double for FUE over FUT -

for quality FUE surgeons and more competitive FUE pricing you're going to have to look overseas or even Rahal or H&W in Canada - with the favorable currency exchange rate - you end up doing much better than US pricing - but I do not believe the Canadian surgeons do any body/beard HT

Body hair grafts are going to cost you more than head hair grafts.

Thanks for the response. I understand that this is the case, but I may not even need body hair and just need head and beard hair. I think I just got spoiled with Dr. Vories quality vs price.

any US surgeon will be charging double for FUE over FUT -

for quality FUE surgeons and more competitive FUE pricing you're going to have to look overseas or even Rahal or H&W in Canada - with the favorable currency exchange rate - you end up doing much better than US pricing - but I do not believe the Canadian surgeons do any body/beard HT

I have a health condition, that makes most international docs. not want to touch me, while US docs are completely okay with it (kidney transplant). I do find it strange that there are no Canadian docs. doing body or beard hair. Does anyone know why docs. avoid this so often, especially beard hair. Beard hair seems, while very course, it would not be as thin or whispy as body hair.

I have a health condition, that makes most international docs. not want to touch me, while US docs are completely okay with it (kidney transplant). I do find it strange that there are no Canadian docs. doing body or beard hair. Does anyone know why docs. avoid this so often, especially beard hair. Beard hair seems, while very course, it would not be as thin or whispy as body hair.

Beard and body hair transplants in general are a long tedious process. They take a lot of work to get minimal grafts and the results are hit and miss. Just from a numbers standpoint, a doc may get on the very high end 2k fue grafts in a day, at a cost of say 7 us per, thats 14k for a day of work. Bodyhair, you get maybe half that many grafts so you got to charge a price to make up for that difference but isnt so outrageous nobody will come so you find prices in the 8-10 us per range for 1k grafts....10k for the day...more work, less money...doesn't really add up unless you specialize in that and corner the market like Dr Umar has... abroad you'll find more docs willing to do it because they'll have teams working while in the us the doc has to be more hands on than their Euro/Canadian counterparts. Canadian docs can delegate to teams so my guess is they feel that at this point they can't do it to a standard that they are happy with or haven't felt the need to add as an adjunct option. In the US there isnt anybody outside of Dr Umar id want to be working on my face, his price is high but last thing you want to skimp on is scarring on your face, go to the expert. Have you talked to the docs in Europe like Dr Bisanga, His clinic has been more tolerant of medical conditions, there was a thread of an hiv patient being accepted while turned away in turkey so its possible they may be open to it and he does beard work, i dont know if he does any further body hair but beard for sure

Mikey - Thanks so much for that long and thorough response. I will definitely look into him. I think with the cost of international flight and the little number of grafts that I need, it might be better to just suck it up and go to Umar. I will be living in CA soon, so maybe I can get on a payment plan. If the cost difference with the flight is still considerably less than Umar, I will highly consider it.

Not sure if any Canadian surgeons touch beard hair as a FUE resource. Have you looked into Dr Bisanga? Dr Lupanzula? Dr Diep? It is good to get multiple consults.

These are all international docs. correct? Like I said above, typically international docs. don't want to deal with me because I am a US citizen with a major medical drawback (kidney transplant). I will look into the docs you mentioned though.

I am glad you had a good experience with your first procedure. Congratulations!

Regarding your question with body hair, I had my only successful procedure with Dr. Umar. I had 4 unsuccessful and misleading surgeries prior to him at other clinics. I had to go to him because I was head donor hair depleted, and he was the pioneer in body hair transplants. Long story short, I know cost is always a very important determining factor when it comes to booking a surgeon. However, if getting a great result means waiting longer to save more money, i strongly recommend one does so, for a failed hair transplant can have both physical, emotional, and financial consequences.

Best of luck with whatever decision you make bud.

http://hairtransplanttestimonial.blogspot.com/

Mikey - Thanks so much for that long and thorough response. I will definitely look into him. I think with the cost of international flight and the little number of grafts that I need, it might be better to just suck it up and go to Umar. I will be living in CA soon, so maybe I can get on a payment plan. If the cost difference with the flight is still considerably less than Umar, I will highly consider it.

I agree, given what you said you needed Dr Umar makes the most sense and given where you'll be living makes further sense, He's the foremost expert on body hair work so unless it was just financially impossible that'd be my recommendation to anybody considering it! ... I just suggested Dr Bisanga as an option, as a doc whose clinic doesn't shy away from complications that other clinics might, but I certainly can't speak to how your kidney transplant would impact their ability to work with you. Pricing wise I'm sure it'd still be cheaper than 10 us per graft but swooping would be the man to run that by.

Dr. Bisanga has operated on patients who had a kidney transplant in the past.

We can perform a hair transplant on you if you get clearance from your doctor.

Proud to be a representative of world elite hair transplant surgeon Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic.

Hairtransplantelite.com

YouTube

Online consultations: damian@bhrclinic.com

Planning on postingtupdate soon to get feedback on quality of work via ugraft. Right now, not at the density as discussed but hoping things turn around to better frame and proper density. hopefully, it is a showcase as discussed and expected.