Hiding redness after FUE

Im going to procedure soon and my biggest concern at the moment is the intial healing period and especially the treaded redness in a recipient area (hairline). Im going to take 4 weeks off after HT so I will have time to take care of swelling and scabs etc. But the redness in a recipient area worries me a lot. I work in sales and I have to face customers daily basis. Additionally, my co-workers would go absolutely nuts if they find out I had HT done. They can be quite ruthless :rolleyes:

Since cap is out of question due to office environment, are there any ways to hide redness? Make-ups or something else?

I have read where guys have said it's a sun burn because they put sunblock on their face but not forehead. I have also seen the allergic reaction to a medicine excuse. Some people may ask but 90% of people won't pry for any more information after you tell them something like this. Good luck man and I hope everything goes well.

4 weeks off is an excellent amount of time.... concealing the redness after a HT depends on where you're getting work done, ie frontal zone, midscalp, crown, etc.? will the recipient area be shaved? size of procedure? etc. FUE healing time is definitely much quicker than FUT as well, which was one of my primary goals - to get back to work ASAP, best of luck

I have read where guys have said it's a sun burn because they put sunblock on their face but not forehead. I have also seen the allergic reaction to a medicine excuse. Some people may ask but 90% of people won't pry for any more information after you tell them something like this. Good luck man and I hope everything goes well.

I have actually thought about sun burning as an explanation. I have tendency to get sun burns easily so that would fit well with the story.

4 weeks off is awesome! How big is the procedure ?

Yes, I have planned this for a year and managed to get long break from work so I would have time to heal well. Its going to be 2000-2500 grafts in 2 days operation. Part of me is quite anxious tbh but the other part cant wait to jump on a plane already.

4 weeks off is an excellent amount of time.... concealing the redness after a HT depends on where you're getting work done, ie frontal zone, midscalp, crown, etc.? will the recipient area be shaved? size of procedure? etc. FUE healing time is definitely much quicker than FUT as well, which was one of my primary goals - to get back to work ASAP, best of luck

Procedure will focus on frontal zone: hairline and frontal half. They will shave my whole head so both recipient and donor area will have no cover after FUE. They are also using manual punch (and small extraction needless 0,6-0,9 mm) so donor healing should happen fast. This was important factor when choosing a clinic.

4 weeks is a good amount of time for recovery. As soon as the scabs and crusts are gone, start using a rich aloe cream, shampoo, etc.

It can potentially work wonders for redness in the recipient area.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Talk to the clinic about what they allow post-op, but you can always use a bit of concealer or make-up to get you through if you have redness beyond the 4 weeks.

Good luck with your procedure & healing!

Rahal Hair Transplant Clinic - Answers to questions and posts using this account are strictly opinions and not to be considered medical advice.