Do hair transplants require styling products?

Would an hair transplant look good with out styling products or are they a must? And can one wear their hair short after having transplant? Or does it have to be long to give coverage?

It depends. If the hair transplant job was unethical and shitty, you may need to deal with nanogen and toppik and other stuff to add fake density if you can. Otherwise, you will have eyes stare at your scalp. Good luck.

Styling products make hair look less dense typically. With a good doctor it should be undetectable depending on the amount of grafts. Length definitely will help for coverage overall, depends exactly how short you want to keep it. I very rarely see a buzz cut length transplant that looks healthy. A few months of length however and this isn't an issue.

I use no concealers, and I use a light hair styling product...which to me is one of the joys of having my hair back, the ability to style it.

Hair loss patient and transplant veteran. Once a Norwood 3A.

Received 2,700 grafts with coalition doctor on 8/13/2010

Received 2,380 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 9/30/2011

Received 1,820 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 7/28/2016

I use no concealers, and I use a light hair styling product...which to me is one of the joys of having my hair back, the ability to style it.

Agreed. Hair is hair, transplanted or otherwise. (Assuming dense enough result commensurate with your natural hair).

Styling is optional, but for me, to style my hairline for the first time in 20 years was/is an experience I cannot explain in words. Very gratifying

3185 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 2/17/16

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/182611-fut-3185-dr-rahal-day-after-pics.html

1204 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 3/27/17

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/186586-round-2-rahal-1204-fut-frontal-third-same-area.html

---> total of 4389 grafts to my frontal third via FUT

---> 1mg finasteride daily since 1999:)

• Administrators

Before I went bald I would spend 30 minutes making sure every strand of hair was perfect, I have always been that dude that takes pride in his hair, that's why when I went bald it was like a musician going deaf, now that I got my hair back I approach things the same way, pomades, wax, hair spray and if I want to make an impression dermmatch or toppik, of course using nothing looks fine but not my style personally.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.