Will Finasteride or nizoral ruin BHT

Nizoral overuse could if used too often or if too soon post-op so I would stop using it for a while and use only sparingly after 6 months after your surgery. Reason being it has very harsh ingredients.

Fin in principal should not as I don't think beard hair is affected by it, though some have said they shed body hair and even beard hair when starting/stopping Fin.

This is something you might want to discuss with your surgeon.

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

I have been on Propecia for nearly 11 years and I have not seen an effect on my body hair or beard hair in fact I just had a beard hair transplant on Friday.

I have been told by patients in the past that they felt Propecia did affect the quality of their body hair though so like everything there are no assurances.

Senior Patient Advisor for Dr Edward Ball of The Maitland Clinic.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of The Maitland Clinic.

Formerly Garageland of Hasson & Wong with 20 years of history in Hair Restoration.

Meet with myself for a free consultation and advice in London on June 21st 2018.

I think this is an interesting question, I have heard rumor and Induendo that finasteride may reduce the amount of body hair one might have, but I really have never seen any evidence of this nor have I read about it on any official site about finasteride side effects.

Overuse of Nizoral can dry out the scalp and hair, and as a result, can potentially damage your hair although I have not seen any evidence that it will produce hair loss. That said, I would limit Nizoral use to two or three times a week. If you are only using the 1% shampoo, I recommend replacing it with Revita which is a lot gentler on the scalp and contains a number of other ingredients that are good for the hair. But Revita also includes 1% ketoconazole.

Best wishes,

Bill

I have not read nor am aware of any clinical studies on the effects that finasteride might have on beard or BH.

If anyone is aware of any studies on it, please provide the link, thank you.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

I have definitely lost considerable body hair since being on propecia, I used to have incredibly thick chest hair theat my mates used to laugh at and call a rug!! However since propecia it's probably 50%thinner and also my muscle mass has been affected! I always had decent arm muscles even before I ever trained but since propecia my arms have thinned considerably despite the fact I train now more than ever!! I do however think propecia has had a very positive effect on my hair,stabilised loss,thickened crown and donor region!! Swings and roundabouts I guess !!

I can only hope fin has some effect on bodyhair, if it does I'll double up on it, I am sick of this bodyhair lol but I also have not seen anything to indicate that it affects bodyhair at all nor have I seen any literature to that effect.

I also lost a considerable amount of body hair while on propecia. Most noticeably on the back of the upper arms and shoulders. This definitely seems to be a real side-effect for some people.

I am an online representative for Farjo Hair Institute

Dr. Bessam Farjo is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions shared are my own.