I dont regret much in my life. But this is do regret..

When i did my hair transplant i focused on all of my thinning areas. The doctor used 3800 grafts.

Now when looking at same of the result i think that i did it all wrong.

I should have focused 3000 grafts on my front and the rest into the crown. Instead of getting decent/low coverage over the whole scalp i should have hit majority of the grafts in the front.

The problem is when i did my surgery i thought that 3800 would get me enough coverage over the whole area. But looking at result now i see that many doctors use 3000-4000 only for the frontal part.

I also think that its easier to go back and hit the crown and midscalp later. Since the front is what most people will se....

Thoughts? Opinions?

• Moderators

As long as the grafts grew in well I wouldn't spend too much time thinking about it. Just go back and do another session of 2000 grafts or so for the frontal half. In the short term it makes a difference because as you mentioned you get the most impact from the front, but you were going to have to go back again to hit the crown anyway, so in the long term it doesn't really matter very much which way it's done. Get a 2nd session and move on from there. Good luck!

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

The level of grafted density definitely has an impact on the visual result. And I agree, that since we are viewed mostly from the frontal view, that tends to have the highest level of priority.

So as was already stated, you can always go back for another session addressing the frontal third and get the grafted level of density cued up.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

The level of grafted density definitely has an impact on the visual result. And I agree, that since we are viewed mostly from the frontal view, that tends to have the highest level of priority.

Hello gillenator,

Do you believe the front part is the most stubborn part to transplant hair on? The reason I ask is due to the number of transplants I have seen where the front part is the only spot on the scalp lacking more hair relative to other parts of the head.

Hello gillenator,

Do you believe the front part is the most stubborn part to transplant hair on? The reason I ask is due to the number of transplants I have seen where the front part is the only spot on the scalp lacking more hair relative to other parts of the head.

Milo,

Everyone is different regarding their pattern of loss. Some guys start by losing in the crown before their frontal area. Many do lose both in the frontal zone as well as the crown.

It's not that I would say that the frontal zone is more "stubborn" but I would say that it requires far more skill primarily because of the need to have the hairline rebuilt and restored. Graft selection, acute angulation and placement are critical along with the artistic talent required for a good and natural hairline design.

Hope that makes some sense...;)

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

It's not that I would say that the frontal zone is more "stubborn" but I would say that it requires far more skill primarily because of the need to have the hairline rebuilt and restored. Graft selection, acute angulation and placement are critical along with the artistic talent required for a good and natural hairline design.

Hope that makes some sense...;)

Hi gillenator,

Yes that is more clear now. Thank you.

• 1 month later...
When i did my hair transplant i focused on all of my thinning areas. The doctor used 3800 grafts.

Now when looking at same of the result i think that i did it all wrong.

I should have focused 3000 grafts on my front and the rest into the crown. Instead of getting decent/low coverage over the whole scalp i should have hit majority of the grafts in the front.

The problem is when i did my surgery i thought that 3800 would get me enough coverage over the whole area. But looking at result now i see that many doctors use 3000-4000 only for the frontal part.

I also think that its easier to go back and hit the crown and midscalp later. Since the front is what most people will se....

Thoughts? Opinions?

Makes sense what you are saying...Regardless of what you initially wanted I think it was the doctors duty advise you otherwise