2000 FU repair with Dr Feller

Hi,

I have been reading this forum for while now and gaining some valuable information and advice. Here is my story and account of my procedure with Dr Feller today

I'd be classified as a slow diffuse thinner, mainly in the front half.

I've had 5 HTS since 1995, which I realise now is not the way to to things.

- 300 micrografts by a fairly good Malaysian surgeon in Watford London 1995

- 400 " Nobel Clinic Surrey London 1999

- 1000 " Nobel Clinic Surrey 2001

- 1000 " Nobel Clinic Surrey 2004

- 1000 " Nobel Clinic Surrey 2007

Each HT has been around the hairline or front 3rd.

So thats a bit of the background as to how I arrived at Dr Fellers today. Overall the procedure was flawless as far as I'm concerned. Dr Feller and

his staff are a great team and once I arrived the pressure I was feeling over the last few weeks completely dissappeared. The procedure itself was

painless. The injections into the donar I hardly noticed, even though they were into my scar tissue. The only ones I even noticed were into the

hairline, again they would be going into previous scar tissue but even this was minimal. Definitely nothing compared to the Nobel.

Overall we got 2000 FUs which the Dr predicted and was a nice number considering the previous damage and in addition the Dr removed some of the old scarring. Also I was keen to get an idea on what options are available for the future and according to Dr Feller, I have enough for one last FU ( maybe 1000) and after than I'd be a good canditate for FUE ( around 1500)

So thats my procedure and below are some of the initial pics I took myself. Better ones will follow when I get the ones from Dr Feller. Thanks to Dr Feller

and your excellent team and to Spex for your valuable and unbiased advice the past few months and to the forum contributors who are doing an amazing job educating people on not making the same mistakes that I and many others have made in the past.

Having written a book about the hair transplant process diaryofahairtransplant.com I've spent the past two months telling newspapers, radio and TV stations that transplants do work.

But I make sure I qualify this; transplants, as Last Chance highlights, they only work IF you get the right surgeon.

I was really lucky to find Farjo in the UK. Make sure you find someone as good.

Spex,

He leaves no stone unturned to plug his book, Even hijacking a Dr Feller thread.These salesmen you can't take them anywhere.I know he thinks you are a good guy though because he mentions it in the book he wrote.You know the one.I have asked him to sign a copy and i will give it to you when we meet.You can show it to the kids when they are old enough to read.

Mick

Patient coordinator for Dr. Bessam Farjo who is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

The transplant must of been a breeze compared to Noble, there's an Orwellian turn, nothing Noble about the Noble clinic, shit yes, Noble, no.

Although you came out better off than some other ex patients of the Noble clinic that I've seen.

I hope Brain hammered home the 'Research' part in his book when choosing a doc.

Regards LC, you'll look great a few months

--------------------------------------

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Feller

Dr Feller Jan '09 2000 grafts

Dr Lorenzo Dec '15 2222 grafts

Thanks for the replys guys and for the comparison photos Spex.

Mick, I have no problem with Brian promoting his book...'He leaves no stone unturned to plug his book'...but plug is a word I never want to hear again icon_smile.gif

Petchski, the procedure itself was indeed a breeze, my biggest problem was keeping awake as I know I have a tendancy to move when I'm dropping off.

Having written a book about the hair transplant process diaryofahairtransplant.com I've spent the past two months telling newspapers, radio and TV stations that transplants do work.

But I make sure I qualify this; transplants, as Last Chance highlights, they only work IF you get the right surgeon.

I was really lucky to find Farjo in the UK. Make sure you find someone as good.

A journalist's search for David Cassidy hair:

http://www.diaryofahairtransplant.com

Isnt this advertising? icon_wink.gif

Just an update from my procedure with Dr F last week.

As mentioned previous, the 2000 grafts( max available for the strip on the day due to old scarring) were weighted a bit more to the right

side, due to already greater density on the left from previous grafts/ native hair. We had decided that this was the best plan to achieve the

goals of fixing the hairline, adding a bit of density and in addition removing some of the old scarring. Job done.

However today, I called by the clinic and asked the Doc about the possibility of a small FUE session in that particular area on the left side

as I'm not heading home til Saturday. Call it hair greed icon_smile.gif but I basically wanted to get a few Feller grafts in there to throw their weight

around, in case the old Nobel grafts on that side decided to step out of line in the future. Not a necessity at this stage but just for peace

of mind, to know that every single one of them old grafts would now be buried deep in new ones.

Luckily due to an afternoon cancellation and thanks to the techs who made themselves available at short notice they were able to do the job

there and then, their only requirement from me was a signed statement that I wouldn't be back tomorrow lookin for more icon_smile.gif

so here is a update from todays session, 200 FUEs in the area shown, thanks again to Dr Feller and team

IMG_09151.jpg

2200 grafts overall

IMG_0916.jpg

Hey bud. Made it back home alive. Had a great time sleeping last night like a horse. Haha. No swelling whatsover though which is fantastic.

Again I am very impressed with your outcome. Feller obviously does a great job. It looks like your going to have some great coverage. I think it's going to look real good blended in with the grafts/hair that were already there. Hope you enjoy your last few days in the city and have a safe trip.

P.S. Let me know how the staple removal goes. Think I am having my mother do it and I'm damn nervous!

DDD03, Glad you got back ok, It always a relief to get home afterwards. As you may know from past the immediate soreness in stapled area settles down a bit over the next week so you shouldn't have a problem, nothing a beer or two before hand can't fix.

Will be looking out for your updates. Had you any issues going through JFK?

Thanks Hair Care, will try to keep things up to date through weblog

Getting to the airport was a breeze. Too bad they put us all on the plane only to find that the computer system on it was broken. Had to all de-board and wait for another plane to come available. Better safe than sorry!

To be honest I thought my staples were going to hurt alot more. There is definately some tight tension but the pain is minimal. I may just keep these Vicodin in the medicine cabinet. Or save them up for when I have to have my mom remove the staples!

I was just doing some research on peoples experiences having family members remove the staples. DOES NOT SOUND PLEASANT! I am actually going to attempt to keep my in for maybe close to three weeks if Feller is ok with it. I took my cloth off this morning and it was really exciting to feel fuzz all around the staples and not a nasty scar like my last round. Hoping not to much stretching occurs!