Female Looking to get hairline lowered

I don't really understand this statement, though.

The risks are the same to me: if the results look unnatural or bad, or if there is a large scar in the back of the head from FUT, or patchiness in the back from FUE, the risks are all the same.

I mean, my hair is shoulder length long. I'm not sure what the difference is when you say women with a high hair line. Do you mean since they have long hair in the back?

My dissatisfaction with my procedure is all about the hairline in the front.

There are many men with significant hair loss who have expressed satisfaction with their hair transplant. So for that reason alone I am unwilling to say no one should have one, because for those persons who have had significant hair loss and they are happy with the results I think that's great.

But honestly, as a person whose hair loss was minimal over the years, my expectations were quite different - and certainly not based on any real research: my fault for sure.

I had the impression after consulting with the hair doctor that it wouldn't be a big deal. FUE was easy and I would end up with a thick, low, natural looking hairline.

The FUE was "relatively" easy. But compared to the soft hairline I had before "lowering" it, the result is by no means soft and natural. It just doesn't meet expectations. I'm not talking density. I'm talking the softness and lightness of the hair. Natural hair that used to blow gently across my face in a slight breeze, now that is fronted by darker, thicker, hair that doesn't fall about my face so softly.

And also the redness and the bumpy texture that resulted as well!

I just don't think a young female with such soft hair - and, yes, a high hairline - realizes what she is about to risk here.

The hair of a 50 year old Norwood 5 bald man is significantly more coarse than the soft, vellum hairs on a 21 year old female hairline. For a 50 year old gray haired Norwood 5 to have a hair transplant and walk away 1 year later with scraggly hair on top is very different than a 21 year old with soft, light hair wanting a Hollywood/Supermodel hairline that looks great from every photo angle.

I think persons with darker, coarser hair have better results. I also think people who have had significant hair loss for decades are grateful when they get some coverage as long as it looks decent.

But...I'm thinking fashion model hair not 50 year old men. The soft look of youth.

Of course Emma must decide for herself. But sometimes I wonder if discussion about hair transplants are skewed because the bulk of people talking about them are older persons with different hair expectations.

To be clear, KO, I have read many of your posts, and I respect what you write. So this is nothing personal.

But I'm not talking coverage or hair replacement here. More...hair styling.

For me, the transplant has equated to the worst hairstyle I have ever had without really adding anything. "Frame the face" some say. Bah.

This summer I was in the Mediterranean with a beautiful 25 year old Swede - tall, thin, long blonde hair, blue eyes. I look at some photos of us after swimming in the sea, and oh, man. My hair. Talk about freakish looking where the transplant is.

By midway through the summer I had plucked the transplanted hairs out because it just looked so bad. Yes, I was left with a higher hairline, but at least it looked softer and more natural.

Hi Harry,

I've read several of your posts and it seems you always derail a thread with negative sounding statements against HT's in general.

In the past I had a horrible experience at Bosley, but subsequently I also had amazing outcomes with other doctors. There are good and bad aspects out there and a lot of risks as we know.

Can you start a separate thread about the doctor who did you wrong to help warn other patients and to relay your experience there?

I think that would be helpful to the community.

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

Emma-

I only skimmed the thread, so maybe my advice will or will not be helpful. I wouldn't let anyone sway your decision, especially an unhappy patient that received sub-par results. There are WAY too many variables that go into a transplant. He received FUE which is thought to be less reliable than FUT and secondly, you're going to by far one of the best clinics in the world for producing solid hairline work. I would go with Rahal and not Ross if I were you. It's nothing personal against Ross, since I have zero clue about his work, but Rahal has been tried and tested and can knock it out of the ballpark with his eyes closed.

Lastly, really really consider this operation. Reversing it, is not possible. So you really need to consider all the pro's and cons. It's apparent you've done some amount of research by booking with Rahal, but even his clinic has produced sub-par results, so that possibility/outcome shouldn't be overlooked.

Best of luck

Overall, it seems you're saying that natural looking, low hairlines cannot be done without significant aesthetic risk. On this, we'll disagree.

Yes, I think you are correct in your assessment of what I am saying. And I think it's quite ok to disagree; and ultimately I hope I am wrong and you are correct in terms of achieving an aesthetically pleasing outcome.

But I really haven't seen enough evidence thus far to have a different opinion - and I've been on this site since May 2013 as an official "member", and longer than that as a "lurker". But I also think my expectations and hopes were quite different from many who might have had a more informed perspective. Or maybe not.

In any event, I can say for sure that I went into my first hair transplant with very little research, one consultation, and a general positive impression of hair transplant outcomes from the popular media - whether we're talking Dr. Oz or TMZ. And I'm not the only one that has done this.

And, honestly, when I look at Emma (and not to be patronizing Emma!), I see the beauty of youth. 21 is just too young to risk such an operation for the reasons cited - in my opinion. In Emma's view, of course, she's prepared to have surgery to achieve a more pleasing personal aesthetic and that is reason enough.

My goal is simply to share with Emma that in my opinion it is not possible to get the soft hairline one associates with the hair of a 21 year old. If Emma looks at various examples and decides that the results of others are within her realm of expectation and that she wants to go through with it, then that's fine. I just wish to present another viewpoint than what others here so enthusiastically jumped to.

With that said, I'll rephrase what I asked earlier:

How does one get thicker, darker hairs from the back of the head to look soft and natural and to match other soft and natural hairs at the front of the hairline?

And if it is possible, what is the success rate on a first pass, as many of the transplanted best hairlines I see on this forum are actually the result of several passes.

For a man in his 30's or 40's, maybe a man with a supportive girlfriend or wife (or the reverse a woman with a supportive boyfriend or husband), a 3 year time span might be well within an acceptable time frame.

But for a 21 year old in the prime of their social life - FINALLY LEGALLY ABLE TO DRINK PUBLICLY!!! - having a surgical procedure that might very well shut down one's social life for several years is just wrong in my opinion.

There are plenty of slender, striking models on the runway with high hairlines.

Check out the soft, feather hairs of the girl in the large picture. You can't duplicate that with a hair transplant - at least I don't think:

http://special-hairstyles.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/crimped-hairstyles-for-2016.jpg

For that matter, check out the hairline of this male model:

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/14425661280263924/

I wish it were possible. I just don't think it is - but hopefully someone will prove me wrong! :)

Hi Harry,

I've read several of your posts and it seems you always derail a thread with negative sounding statements against HT's in general.

Derail, or express a dissenting view? You might be right, but I don't think being the voice of skepticism is necessarily bad when expressed in a rational manner. Socratic dialogue is good for the soul!

In the past I had a horrible experience at Bosley, but subsequently I also had amazing outcomes with other doctors.

That is good to hear; and it is also why I don't say hair transplants are BAD!!! It's quite evident to me that for some people it's a life changer for the better, and I want to be respectful of that.

But I also want to make sure - indeed, I feel morally obligated - to insure people understand not only the risks but also what the outcome is likely to look like AT IT'S BEST. And this I feel is not always accurately portrayed. But that is my feeling, and given your poor experience at Bosley I'm inclined to believe you might agree somewhat with this statement.

Can you start a separate thread about the doctor who did you wrong to help warn other patients and to relay your experience there?

I think that would be helpful to the community.

Hmmm, I'm not really sure that's fair to the doctor. The hair has grown. Aesthetically it's not what I had hoped for - the bumpy texture and persisting redness aside. I do wish I had been counseled more about what the final outcome was likely to look like. I'm bothered that it was the surgeon's suggestion that I lower my hairline. I'm also bothered that I didn't try medication first - especially after looking at Dr. Bernstein's documentation on medication alone. I just looked at some of my before pictures taken by the clinic, and really, except for some thinning in the hairline that >>maybe<< might have had improvement with meds, I think the hairline looks rather nice - at least it looks soft and natural.

I just had too much extra money to shoot for "perfection" at the time. Wish I had gone back on meds. Yeah, it's a regret I live with DAILY - myself and others who've been disappointed by their results. But such is life.

As for the clinic, the doctor is a recommended doctor on here. Maybe he thought I would walk away happy with the outcome and recommended what he thought was best. I certainly hope so and prefer to give him such consideration. After all, by now it should be apparent my standards were, and remain, pretty high - perhaps unrealistically so. So I think it perhaps unfair to cast public doubt on a clinic that successfully transplanted hair on my head, even if the aesthetic outcome is less than stellar. But it was a first pass.

For me to have a better opinion, I would need to see more high definition examples of stellar outcomes with a first pass. And then I would need the freedom to be critical - just to be contrary ;)

But my photos are real with no editing, high definition with a clear view of the skin - not just a photo from above the head that is only useful to a bird looking for a target to bomb. Emma can decide if the aesthetic result is within her range of acceptability.

But, Emma, you're beautiful - go out and hit some club with some friends and find some cutey to flirt with ^^

Edited by harryforreal
grammar

Agreed, Konior does amazing female hairlines also.

And as Matt mentioned there is a new doc there who even specializes in female hairline lowering procedures.

It will cost you more than other locations but it will be worth it.

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

In the USA I do like Dr. Konior's work. And I have had contact with Dr. Feriduni, so I like his work as well.

I will say that many of Feriduni's best results involve a strong forelock or such. If you can transplant hairs behind some soft, native hairs it will look better. An entire lowering of the hairline all the way across, however, is always more challenging for the reason that I've mentioned about moving coarser hairs from the back to the front. But there are some good results here from what you've listed.

Ok...So, link by link critique. Objective, yet as critical as I can be simply for the purpose of holding these outcomes to the absolute highest standard - which is no small feat, and the doctors are to be commended on their work. Please don't misunderstand me. But I remind everyone that up close and in person is a whole other level above even the best photography.

1688 Graft Female Hairline Restoration - Hair Loss Surgery - Before and After Gallery: this is a good outcome. But also notice no hair is placed in front of/below the strong forelock. This strong, central forelock aids in giving a natural look to the entire hairline. But the temples look very good, as well. But again, notice there are quite a few soft, native hairs at the front of the temples on the sides (in the original purple rectangles on either side of the forelock). So this is not really a complete hairline lowering, but a filling in of the temples between a strong forelock in the center and soft, native hairs on the sides coming up from the ears. But an excellent outcome nonetheless, yes.

One question worth asking is how do the transplanted hairs feel to the touch? Yes, I ask this because I constantly reach up and touch my transplanted hairs and notice the coarser feel in contrast to the softer feel on my sides above my ears. Something for consideration for someone thinking of a hair transplant.

Also the post op hair appears to be a different color from the pre-op hair; I mean, as if it has been colored. If so, the coloring is going to contribute to a uniformity of color amongst native and transplanted hairs at the front. Just an observation. But again, an excellent outcome. Skin looks very nice, not beat up; MAYBE a slight pinkish hue at the temples. But again, I'm being as critical as I can be so others can think of things to consider when thinking about a hair transplant.

2141 Grafts by Dr. Konior - Hair Loss Surgery - Before and After Gallery: This one the hairline lowering occurs directly in the center front. Several things to consider. The patient appears to be Asian, and both the skin tone and hair color are darker, with presumably thicker, coarser hair. I've heard it said that darker skin tones recover from redness much quicker/better than lighter skin tones. That being said, the hairs at the front of the hairline in the pre-op photo are not black, but actually brown (or appear that way to me). But after the transplant, the newly transplanted hairs in the center are definitely thicker and blacker. As long as the patient is ok with this darker hair color, then that seems fine to me. For me this was quite the shock in my hair transplant, and is a great disappointment - I love the golden highlights on the native hairs on the sides of my temples above my ears and miss them across the front of my hair line. I assumed that transplanted hairs across the front of my hairline would be similarly golden toned and soft. I had no idea that my hair color would actually end up being darker across the front of my head; and even my dad asked (whom I didn't tell), "Are you getting darker across the front of your head?" My response was, "Yes, and grayer also." Perhaps it's not so noticeable in Asian hair, but in my hairline it just looks weird having this dark, thin band across the front of my hairline. In this patient's "Postop Part Density" photo it appears this difference in hair characteristic is most noticeable - but admittedly only when held up to the highest scrutiny. As seems typical for Konior, an excellent result.

Hairline Feminization by Dr. Konior - Hair Loss Surgery - Before and After Gallery Ehhh.....this one I'm not so crazy about. I've looked at this one before (several years ago). The main issue for me here is the coarseness of the transplanted hair to the front of the hairline. This is most readily apparent in the photo labeled, "Postop Transplant Density Inspection". You can clearly see where the transplanted hairs end, and the native hairs begin just based on the difference in coarse and softer native hairs. This picture is long enough after the transplant for the patient to grow hair long, so presumably long enough for the hair follicle to "recover". Also the redness on the skin is certainly still visible. Do you think this is 2 years worth of hair growth? No, I don't like it. I've used a straightening iron to "soften" the coarseness of my transplanted hairs when I've wanted to get dress up or go out. I can tell you, though, when you're swimming in the Mediterranean sea and climbing onto a boat, there's no option for a straightening iron. In the "Postop Temple View" and "Temple View Close-Up" the hair looks very wooly and coarse - same problem I've had, though this patient's transplant is more extensive than mine. Density and technique look good, but I would say skin tone and hair characteristics not a very good match for the procedure.

2161 Graft Female Hairline Restoration - Hair Loss Surgery - Before and After Gallery Another darker haired, darker skinned patient with an excellent outcome by Dr. Konior.

| Blog Archive »

| Blog Archive »: Although I respect the Shapiro team, these photos are not high definition, and I don't feel I can comment on the patients' outcomes with the same critical eye I have given Dr. Konior's work.

http://hairtransplantation.feriduni....uction-2044-fu: Another darker skinned, coarser hair patient. In the bottom photo it's clear the transplanted hairs are thicker and coarser. Overall looks to be a nice job, though some better photos of the hairline and skin would make it easier to provide a more accurate assessment.

http://hairtransplantation.feriduni....uction-1982-fu Classic feriduni. Strong forelock remains intact and in front of entire transplant, providing a soft and real, natural front to the hairline. It is interesting to note that the patient's hair is styled differently in the after photos - looks like maybe a sheen applied, and some coloring, and hair straightening; thus, the natural texture of all hairs, transplanted and native, is going to masked. I say again based on personal experience, a $50.00 straightening iron is very helpful in "taming" the coarseness. It doesn't make the transplanted hairs soft and whispy, but it does tame some of the coarse wildness. But the skin tone looks excellent - no redness, no bumps. Patient's skin looks a little bit darker - Spanish? Anyway, this clinic is known for top quality work, and having received an online quote personally, I can say the price reflects that. One question, though, in the bottom photo, does it seem that an effect has been added around the photos edges? Like a kind of soft, blurring that is common in photo editing? What's with the grey mist floating into the hair? Is it on the other photos as well? A great technique when having your photo taken at prom; not so sure about for hair transplant work. But I like Feriduni's work.

https://vimeopro.com/user23345553/lu...video/86347848 Yeah, not so crazy about it. Look at around the 1:02 mark. Look at the bumpy quality where each graft exits the skin. I wonder if this is an effect of implanter pens. Implanter pens were used on my head, and I had a lot of the same. But also double grafts will contribute to that look. At 1:27 you can see clearly the difference in the size of the hair where the transplant ends and the native hairs begin. The whole thing looks off. This is a lighter skinned caucasian. And knowing this clinic, this was not a cheap procedure. Fail. Surgically the hairs grew. Aesthetically: Fail.

Yeah, I know, I'm speaking blasphemy against the high god of hair transplant. Eh, I'm already Hell bound, so what's one more sin?

https://vimeopro.com/user23345553/lu...ideo/122408519 Eh....same thing. @ 0:42 freeze the frame and you see the same effect - though it's a little blurrier. Video quality is not the greatest. Also the skin is definitely pink where the transplanted hairs were placed. Pinko's be wary.

https://vimeopro.com/user23345553/lu...video/81667156 Again, poorer video quality. Pre-high definition? Hard to say as a result. Looks a bit better. But look at 0:47 freeze frame. Isn't the first inch or so of transplanted hairs darker (the hairs laying down, not the ones being held up)? It's rather hard to tell because the video quality just isn't there. Also the skin is a little pink...or something...maybe? Hard to tell so well because of the video quality. Oh...wait. Freeze frame 2:08. Yeah, you can definitely see a good inch into the hair along the part the hair suddenly becomes lighter and finer. But it's hard to tell, especially with this video quality. It will be interesting to see now that photo and video quality is becoming so incredibly good how well these clinics hold up under the most intense visual scrutiny. But overall it looks good. Not amazing. But good. But that was a lot of area to fill in.

https://vimeopro.com/user23345553/lu...video/81563411 Again, not the best video quality. What's with the wet hair in the after photos? Well, anyway, it's ok. I see some pink skin, some bumpy texture around 1:22. Yeah, it's ok. Not beautiful. Ok.

So there you have it. A play by play commentary.

Again, Given that you're moving individual hair follicles from one part of the head to another, it's impressive. Whether it passes the "soft and natural" test is another.

I like Dr. Konior's work, and Feriduni's. One thing that seems common is that lighter skin tones still have a pinkish hue 1-2 years after the transplant.

Alright, sleepy... checking out now.

And remember, I was being the utmost critical I could be, relentlessly so. I am not saying this is bad work. In fact, I've said just the opposite. However, there really are limits to what can be done, I think.

I can only speak as a young person, not a female. :-)

I had a successful FUE surgery at 25. The place most of the focus was on.. front hair line ;)

FUE - Is the only way to go, forget the KO response. lol It's safer, no scar, fast heal time. And because you don't have too much to focus on it won't be the most costly. I'd just say confirm with many Doctors if you're age is okay to have the procedure done because I recall overhearing it's best to wait until maybe 23.. But feel free to do your research.

Keep us posted!

Richter101 is a former patient of Dr. Parsa Mohebi

Born Oct ’89

Began Seeing Gradual Hair Loss Oct ’09

Began Seeing Gradual Hair Gain June ’15

My regimen includes:

HT #1 2200 (ARTAS- FUE) grafts at Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration in Los Angeles in 2016

Finasteride daily, since 2014

Rogaine experimenter from 2012- ’13 RIP

Planning HT #2 By End of This Year :)

I've looked into FUE, I don't have an overly logical explanation but I just have that gut feeling that I should go with FUT.

So I've booked my procedure for the 23rd of January after 4 months of pondering if I really wanted to do this. Dr Ross at Rahal Hair clinic will be my doctor!

In terms of UV exposure, would placing a towel over the graft area in a tanning bed be sufficient to avoid the exposure?

I can probably stay away from UV for about 3 weeks before my skin goes out of control. My main issue is that my eczema gets the worst on my face (around my nose/mouth) without UV exposure.

How loose is a loose headband/hat? Does it need to be not at all touching the area? Or just not skin-tight?

Lucky me inherited a genetic condition which means I have a larger than average head size!

Thanks everyone for the responses!

Not really sure how to take all the "don't let location be the deciding factor on which doctor you choose." comments. I was under the impression that the Rahal hair clinic was very reputable from all the results I've seen.

Is that not so?

Just wanted to reply to a couple of clarifications you were asking about Emma. Yes, a dense towel over the grafted area should protect you from the sun's or tanning bed's harmful rays, so you should be able to manage the eczema with success as before.

Loose headband simply means a headband that does not put undue tension on the grafts and that also "breathes". A knit material should suffice this need. And yes it can touch the area but just be aware of two things: Don't wear it for at least 3 days post-op and also, do not wear it while sleeping overnight. Also, be careful when removing the headband. Make sure that the material is not stuck against the grafts before removing it. In the event the material is sticking, just use some saline spray or even just plain water to wet the area, wait several minutes before removing the headband. Should not be a problem. After 3 days post-op the grafts are pretty secure and should not be an issue.

Also, I think the Rahal clinic is a good clinic although honestly, I don't know Dr. Ross' work. Does he have much experience working with female hairlines? Experience and proven skill is everything...:rolleyes:

Lastly, you may want to reconsider having 2.5 cm. lowering done in a single session. That's quite a lot of space to lower. And as I said before, if the density is too thin, it will not look right. IMHO, a better approach would be to lower the hairline in smaller increments (sessions) making sure the density is on par. Single hair grafts do not provide as much visual coverage and if your hair is more thin in caliber, it will take even more grafts to get it looking right.

It will also take 12 months for your initial procedure to fully mature before grafting the area for a second pass. That's the other reason why you don't want to drop your hairline too much at once. You want the transformation to be more subtle "in stages" and not something that other people are going to notice and tend to cause eye drift.

I base this opinion on seeing a lot of hairline work done over the past 4 decades.

Wish you the best and much success in meeting your goals.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks everyone!!

I have my procedure tomorrow with Dr Rahal himself.

Super excited and feeling very informed.

Totally prepared for the ugly duckling stage and well aware for the fallout etc, have a heap of soft bandanas to wear and have booked 2 weeks off work just to be safe! (my work is very physical)

Thanks everyone!!

I have my procedure tomorrow with Dr Rahal himself.

Super excited and feeling very informed.

Totally prepared for the ugly duckling stage and well aware for the fallout etc, have a heap of soft bandanas to wear and have booked 2 weeks off work just to be safe! (my work is very physical)

Happy for you Emma. Please keep us updated :-)

3185 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 2/17/16

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/182611-fut-3185-dr-rahal-day-after-pics.html

1204 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 3/27/17

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/186586-round-2-rahal-1204-fut-frontal-third-same-area.html

---> total of 4389 grafts to my frontal third via FUT

---> 1mg finasteride daily since 1999:)

We're excited for you Emma! I know you are going to be very happy you chose Rahal for your procedure. I look forward to seeing your results in the future. We will be there for you throughout the whole process as well so we can track the progress and make sure everything turns out great.

Thanks guys!

I'm 1 week post op and everything's looking and feeling pretty good.

The first night was unbearable pain and felt like someone was physically ripping my scalp open for about 12 hours straight even with the pain meds, after that first 24 hours though it was smooth sailing.

Ended up getting 2400 grafts out of the strip which was more than the planned 2000.

My ponytail has lost quite a bit of volume which was upsetting, but not worth crying over as I know it'll grow back. I went in to have my hair washed and had some hardcore tangles in my fine hair, had 1 big one and I specifically told the lady she was not to cut my hair and that I could pick at it to get it out but she cut it anyway... to about 2 inches in length compared to the rest of my 6/7 inch length hair (so I now can't put my hair up properly for work)... she didn't tell me she was cutting it out and when I asked if she got the tangle out she didn't mention that she cut it, she just said they got it out... I only realised once I got home and looked in the mirror... lol.

Glad to hear that your procedure went well Emma. Did they use all of the grafts into lowering your hairline?

Hair grows at an approximate rate of 1/2 inch per month so in time, you will get your pony tail back...;)

Also, you may begin to feel a sensation of tingling where the strip was excised as the nerves begin to heal and grow...par for the course.

Wish you well in your recovery and hopefully you will be able to mentor other female patients who have similar goals as yourself.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I'm not even sure what search words I used to find this thread.... But I'm glad I stumbled on one about a female, since there aren't a lot of discussions of them on here. Here're some of my thoughts after reading some comments.

First off, I had an FUT last month, ugh, & my scalp was SO tight for the 1st 3 weeks!!! I knew it would be, but it still sucked waiting for my head to feel normal again. I'll probably never be able to have one again, so FUE will be my only choice next time around. I'm almost 5 weeks post op, so it's still too early to tell how this new batch will cover my head (looks similar to OP's initial picture of reconstructing a new hairline in zone 1 & into 2). I did see a waiter at a restaurant while ago that had her hair shaven below her top hair... So I'd probably have to pull off some kind of "alternative" look like that. I'm kind of a goth anyway, so it won't be hard to pull off :P

As for FUT vs FUE, it seems to me like it's purely a decision that should be made with the patient that's done his or her homework, AND the doctor. FUT wasn't fun for me personally (I'm just glad it's over with), but better luck to someone else who has a much more elastic scalp than I do. I wouldn't advise someone not to have one just because it was uncomfortable for me (procedure itself was tolerable, I'm mostly talking about recovery period). Honestly, now it kinda feels like I've had a brow or facelift or something along those lines. I hadn't seen anyone talk about how the strip affected the rest of their face, but it's definitely "opened" my eyes a little because my forehead still feels tight.

2nd, it's been very interesting to read the different reasons people have HT's. Mine is strictly reconstructive, as I never had a distinct hairline to my memory to begin with because it was affected by a bad accident when I was a toddler. So I basically have no one else to easily share this feeling or experience with, unless I visited trauma centers. But regardless, I think everyone has the same initial reason... To feel better about themselves. I've had other procedures, including on my face about 6 years ago (successful scar revision), & it did increase my self confidence quite a bit, & even helped me look younger. I still get carded sometimes. I wish I didn't have to have had so many procedures because there's recovery time for each one, & it's been costly. All in all, whether someone is having a boob job, nose job (hah, I still want one of those!), or HT, as long as they don't go overboard & get obsessed with looking like something they're not (i.e., a celebrity), I say go for it.

2000 FUT with Dr Bernardino Arocha - August 2017