Wearing hats after shower until evening. Will it create hair loss?

No it will not.

Example: soldiers, professional baseball players, etc.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

This is one of those myths that keep getting passed around with no scientific data to back it up. When I finally found myself needing a hair transplant, I remember telling Dr. Mohebi that I was kicking myself for wearing a hat for so many years, as I had heard that that could have caused my hair loss. He assured me my hair loss had nothing to do with wearing a hat, and everything to do with MPB and genetics.

I will say though that when I wear a hat and have "hat hair", my hair looks thinner... But that's a whole other thing.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

Totally a myth. But if you actually get a procedure then things like that and heavy sunlight are to be avoided for awhile.

Richter101 is a former patient of Dr. Parsa Mohebi

Born Oct ’89

Began Seeing Gradual Hair Loss Oct ’09

Began Seeing Gradual Hair Gain June ’15

My regimen includes:

HT #1 2200 (ARTAS- FUE) grafts at Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration in Los Angeles in 2016

Finasteride daily, since 2014

Rogaine experimenter from 2012- ’13 RIP

Planning HT #2 By End of This Year :)

Totally a myth. But if you actually get a procedure then things like that and heavy sunlight are to be avoided for awhile.

Even heavy sunlight can cause hair loss? My goodness! That I did not know. Must avoid the sun at all cost then.

The hat should not cause any traction alopecia unless you are wearing it in a fashion that creates tension on your scalp.

My opinions are my own. I am one representative of MyWHTC Clinic's European branch.

Consultation Dates & Cities for Dr. Patrick Mwamba

London, United Kingdom - Available (Sat.)

Zurich, Switzerland - Available (Saturday)

Bologna, Italy - Available (Saturday)

Brussles, Belgium - Available (Sun.-Sat.) *No Fee*

Dr. Patrick Mwamba is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians