Thinking of Going for HT #2 with Rahal

I don't think 1100 grafts is adequate to make a huge cosmetic difference. You will see a difference but you maybe the only one that notices. I think you need at least 2000 in that area.

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

Did Dr. Rahal give you an estimate of how many grafts you have left to work with? You might want to be sure to plan the restoration of your frontal zone before committing too much of your limited donor to the crown. Just a thought.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

I would put that 1100 grafts directly behind the hairline in the first 25-35% of the crown.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

Thinking of going for second procedure to pick up where Rahal left off. I've been told 1100 grafts via FUE and not FUT like I did the first time (3800)

Will 1100 into the crown area make much of a difference?

Sorry to hear about your bad first surgery with your doctor Rahal. But if you strongly feel that the first surgery with him did not go so well let me suggest that you seek another doctor. Perhaps a good doctor this time that specializes in repairing bad transplants.

In my past research I have observed very good results from doctors who repaired bad first transplants. Well at any rate at least you have a reservoir of potent doctors that can help you. Based on your photos I think you will have an excellent result. I have actually seen less favorable transplants than yours and the results after the second procedure were stupendous.

You will do fine. Keep your head up, be positive and seek a good doctor this time. You have absolutely nothing to worry about. In a years time you will end up with a ton of fur on your head. I want to wish you a lot of luck.

Sorry to hear about your bad first surgery with your doctor Rahal. But if you strongly feel that the first surgery with him did not go so well let me suggest that you seek another doctor. Perhaps a good doctor this time that specializes in repairing bad transplants.

In my past research I have observed very good results from doctors who repaired bad first transplants. Well at any rate at least you have a reservoir of potent doctors that can help you. Based on your photos I think you will have an excellent result. I have actually seen less favorable transplants than yours and the results after the second procedure were stupendous.

You will do fine. Keep your head up, be positive and seek a good doctor this time. You have absolutely nothing to worry about. In a years time you will end up with a ton of fur on your head. I want to wish you a lot of luck.

Milo,

The guy was happy with his first procedure with Rahal, which is why he's now returning to him to address his crown - an area separate from his 1st procedure.

3185 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 2/17/16

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/182611-fut-3185-dr-rahal-day-after-pics.html

1204 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 3/27/17

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/186586-round-2-rahal-1204-fut-frontal-third-same-area.html

---> total of 4389 grafts to my frontal third via FUT

---> 1mg finasteride daily since 1999:)

Milo,

The guy was happy with his first procedure with Rahal, which is why he's now returning to him to address his crown - an area separate from his 1st procedure.

That is strange. I did not see any hair work in his photo. Are you sure about this?

That is strange. I did not see any hair work in his photo. Are you sure about this?

Yup, click on OP name and check his previous posts.

:-)

3185 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 2/17/16

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/182611-fut-3185-dr-rahal-day-after-pics.html

1204 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 3/27/17

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/186586-round-2-rahal-1204-fut-frontal-third-same-area.html

---> total of 4389 grafts to my frontal third via FUT

---> 1mg finasteride daily since 1999:)

Based on the number of grafts he had in a bigger area his result is good. I don't think you could ask for anything more

Based on the number of grafts he had in a bigger area his result is good. I don't think you could ask for anything more

Thanks everyone for the info. Yes, I was very happy and still am with the results. I dont know how anyone took my post as I wasnt happy? LOL!

I was told I dont have the elasticity for another FUT which is why Im heading down the FUE route.

I trust Dr. Rahal and will being going in a day early to have him evaluate - thank you all.

Here's my side by side at about 10 months..

split-.thumb.JPG.42ac05260a787109f5f82bac9ae05bc6.JPG

Did Dr. Rahal give you an estimate of how many grafts you have left to work with? You might want to be sure to plan the restoration of your frontal zone before committing too much of your limited donor to the crown. Just a thought.

No, I will be going in a day early to be evaluated and will trust what he recommends.

Did you even read my post? :confused:

jackblack,

Your pics definitely show a nice cosmetic difference...;)

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Yup, click on OP name and check his previous posts.

:-)

Why thank you for providing that info. Finally I got the opportunity to see the OP's pics from his first procedure. No offense intended but the procedure could have turned out better. Nonetheless I wish the OP would choose another doctor this time. It would be much worth it to get a second procedure to do repair/ add far more density from a different doctor. One's hair is far more valuable than risking getting a second procedure done from the same doctor that did not do such a good job the first time.

All in all I want to wish the OP a lot of luck and happy future hair growth.

Why thank you for providing that info. Finally I got the opportunity to see the OP's pics from his first procedure. No offense intended but the procedure could have turned out better. Nonetheless I wish the OP would choose another doctor this time. It would be much worth it to get a second procedure to do repair/ add far more density from a different doctor. One's hair is far more valuable than risking getting a second procedure done from the same doctor that did not do such a good job the first time.

milo is Taurisrisen

Taurisrisen I know it's you

Finally I got the opportunity to see the OP's pics from his first procedure. No offense intended but the procedure could have turned out better

I disagree. Basing on the number of grafts he got exactly what is expected. The doctor can only work with what is available. I am sure the doctor would have gotten 5000 grafts if possible. There is a cosmetic difference and the patient is happy.

Basing on the number of grafts he got exactly what is expected. The doctor can only work with what is available. I am sure the doctor would have gotten 5000 grafts if possible. There is a cosmetic difference and the patient is happy.

Well I hope he is happy. I truly wish him the very best in whatever decision he makes henceforth.

Interesting that you say that. Sometimes it is a silver bullet if you will. When you are endowed with the genetics, choose the right doctor, have him place grafts in the right angle and manner, and right number of grafts it can work out just right. At times you may never know. As I have said before I wish medicine were an exact science.

Well those are my two cents for what it is worth. I will continue my research though I feel like a scientist myself digging up info. Appreciate your honest opinion. And good luck.

Not sure why you dont like Dr. Rahal, but I can tell you this being a high norwood Dr, Rahal was very honest with me and told before I went for the procedure that I wouldn't get a lot of density.

Not sure why you dont like Dr. Rahal, but I can tell you this being a high norwood Dr, Rahal was very honest with me and told before I went for the procedure that I wouldn't get a lot of density.

This guy - aka Taurisrisen - used to be obsessed with Dr Rahal. When he got banned from this site for making derogatory and homophobic comments, I think he probably also got turned away by the Rahal clinic and denied a procedure. It wouldn't have been difficult for them to know who is was as he had put up his photos on this site. Now he hates Dr Rahal and will troll a thread like this just to put him down. Don't take any notice of him.

• Administrators
This guy - aka Taurisrisen - used to be obsessed with Dr Rahal. When he got banned from this site for making derogatory and homophobic comments, I think he probably also got turned away by the Rahal clinic and denied a procedure. It wouldn't have been difficult for them to know who is was as he had put up his photos on this site. Now he hates Dr Rahal and will troll a thread like this just to put him down. Don't take any notice of him.

That would be interesting if it is Tauresrisen, I discovered Tauresrisen commenting on one of his threads check it out.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/184983-marc-dauer-excellent-doctor-2.html

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Oh I did not mean that. I am just into my research and offering my two cents into the hat so to speak.

But I still wish you a lot of luck in whatever you choose. Let me know how it turns out. I am interested to know. Good luck to you sir.