Konior hairline restoration

Reyes1

Sam, those scabs and crusts are definitely holding on. I'd of thought you'd mostly be in the clear by one month's time. Maybe not washing thoroughly enough? Have you asked Konior about this just to be sure? Also, how's the scar looking and feeling after 30 days?

Yep, they have been very stubborn. I wash 1-2 times a day (depending on schedule) with a gentle massage using my finger tips. I don't try to rub them off. I have also used a peeled aloe vera plant (the natural gel substance inside) and applied to the recipient area. I have used organic coconut oil as well, and left on for a couple hours before I shower. I have not asked Dr.K but I have read on here that scabs can last up to 30-60 days. I do notice that more and more fall off after every shower. I just let them be.

The donor area still feels tender, kind of like an old bruise. Overall, it has not been hard to tolerate at all. Native hairs are growing fast, but not by the scar due to shock loss. I have been taking vitamin c, biotin, and msm.

your scar looks amazing at this stage,does dr konior use liposomal atp spray post op, in a few months things will start to grow n the fun begins.also does dr.konior plant between native hair or do you have to shave down the receipt area.good luck and heres to a hairy future.

Thank you! I chose to shave down the recipient area. Dr.K recommends doing so. From what I understood, it allows for better placement of the grafts without native hairs in the way. Some of my native hairs towards my hairline were on their way out any way. My goal is to try and have as much density as possible.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Everything looks good. Once the scabs come off and the hair grows for a couple more weeks, you won't be able to tell you had anything done in the front. How is your donor scar looking after one month? I was really impressed with it at 10 days afterward.

Everything looks good. Once the scabs come off and the hair grows for a couple more weeks, you won't be able to tell you had anything done in the front. How is your donor scar looking after one month? I was really impressed with it at 10 days afterward.

I will post pics of the donor area soon. It just looks like a crease, missing hair due to shock loss. You have to get really close to see the skin/scar line - which is very thin. I am thinking the hair will start to regrow at month 2-3, and I'd say the major cosmetic difference would be at month 4-6. Trying to keep busy and not notice it wearing hats and what not, I kind of want to just look in the mirror one day and say, oh look, hair. I've been applying the minoxidil 5% foam, once a day, but I am still on the fence on whether or not I'll stop using it at that 4 month mark. Some have used it for the full year of growth.

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone,

Not much to report, other than all my scabs are gone. Past the shock loss as well, and seemingly past the dormant stage. I am seeing small progress and a bit of growth. Currently still on rogaine foam once a day, 1mg of fin daily, biotin, msm, and using t/gel on wednesdays, and t/sal on sundays. Sticking to the california baby shampoo as my daily, and I will start nizoral once a week for 8 weeks after 90 days post op. Any questions, or comments feel free. Thank you!

DSC01360_zpsxnfbvr9n.jpg

DSC01361_zpszk8mx7fx.jpg

DSC01362_zpsey0ijujw.jpg

DSC01364_zps0poyqwyy.jpg

You are looking very good for only 60 days later after a shaved fut. Dr Konior's work is always very clean and I am always impressed with how quickly his patients heal and get back to baseline. It appears you are already through the worst part. This will be a great result.

So the hairs all along the very front of your hairline are actually native hairs, right?

I think it makes more sense to place grafts behind native hairs when possible. They provide that "soft" look that otherwise seems frequently lacking in hair transplants when viewed from the front.

You are looking very good for only 60 days later after a shaved fut. Dr Konior's work is always very clean and I am always impressed with how quickly his patients heal and get back to baseline. It appears you are already through the worst part. This will be a great result.

Thank you, definitely excited for what is ahead. Paying no mind to it, IMO is the best approach. If you tie too much thought to things, you'll drive yourself nuts lol

So the hairs all along the very front of your hairline are actually native hairs, right?

I think it makes more sense to place grafts behind native hairs when possible. They provide that "soft" look that otherwise seems frequently lacking in hair transplants when viewed from the front.

Those are all grafted hairs. I had maybe a few native but not much, refer to my initial photos on page 1.

Looks great so far!

This will be an impressive result, no doubt about it! :)

Reyes1, I have some questions concerning your procedure with Dr. Konior, if you don't mind:

- How long did you have to wait for the procedure? (time between your decision to have it and the actual day it was made)

- How many days / hours did your procedure take approx.? (sorry if this has been answered earlier)

- How much was your procedure in total?

Thank you and all the best to you and your hair! ;)

I Forgot one more, important question (please, everyone feel free to answer):

Does Dr. Konior also do FUE Sessions with 2500 - 3000 grafts?

This would be critical, as FUT is not an option for me...

Thank you

Yes he does and there are a few examples on this forum.

Cost is in the "very high" range compared to global FUE prices, but the clinic mostly charges a per day fee more than per graft rate. For FUE I think it may end up being around $10/graft.

A large FUE session will cost you a pretty penny, so unless you are local to the area or if having small touchups I'm not sure it would be cost effective.

Currently he's booked out more than a year but you can try to get on his waiting list or wait for possible cancellation dates to open up.

Btw he does manual FUE but also appears to use a motorized punch tool called PCID in some cases.

Any other info just PM me or his online patient rep Spanker.

2500 grafts FUE case:

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/175089-raymond-konior-md-chicago-2514-graft-frontal-hairline-restoration.html

2800 grafts plus follow up procedure FUE case:

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/184467-raymond-konior-md-%7C-chicago-%7C-frontal-hairline-temporal-point-restoration.html

Edited by hsrp10

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

Btw Reyes looking great!

The Konior magic is about to begin.. :cool:

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

Cost is in the "very high" range compared to global FUE prices, but the clinic mostly charges a per day fee more than per graft rate. For FUE I think it may end up being around $10/graft.

A large FUE session will cost you a pretty penny, so unless you are local to the area or if having small touchups I'm not sure it would be cost effective.

Currently he's booked out more than a year but you can try to get on his waiting list or wait for possible cancellation dates to open up.

Btw he does manual FUE but also appears to use a motorized punch tool called PCID in some cases.

Any other info just PM me or his online patient rep Spanker.

2500 grafts FUE case:

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/175089-raymond-konior-md-chicago-2514-graft-frontal-hairline-restoration.html

2800 grafts plus follow up procedure FUE case:

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/184467-raymond-konior-md-%7C-chicago-%7C-frontal-hairline-temporal-point-restoration.html

I think Konior is now almost wholly if not wholly manual. He said he likes the "feel" he gets with manual.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

hsrp10, thank you for your detailed response!

The mentioned FUE cases look very amazing.

Dr. Konior seems to offer everything a patient could ever wish for, having an excellent skill set, a great sense for asthetics, the aspiration to do most of the work by himself, and stellar work ethics.

I think this makes the high cost and waiting time worth every single bit.

We can only hope he will stay in the industry for a very long time, giving many patients the opportunity to benefit from his fantastic work.

I think Konior is now almost wholly if not wholly manual. He said he likes the "feel" he gets with manual.

That's even better news!

Thanks for that update Spanker.

We can only hope he will stay in the industry for a very long time, giving many patients the opportunity to benefit from his fantastic work

He is the most humble super star in the entire industry, when he retires we will not likely hear about it in a loud way but we will all feel it greatly, the emptiness of not having the option to get restored by the most amazing surgeon ever to perform the art of hair restoration.

@ Reyes, sorry to slightly derail your thread.

Looking forward to your updates man.

go dense or go home

Very informative thread and looking forward to these results coming in. No doubt they're gonna be top notch.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

Yeah I'm looking forward to this one too. You're through the worst of it and in a few more weeks things should really start to happen. Your scar looks exceptional.

I am an online representative for Farjo Hair Institute

Dr. Bessam Farjo is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions shared are my own.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for all the comments everyone! So here are the 90 day post op photos, not much progress, still patchy but it seems like a good amount of difference. Hoping 4-5 month updates should show much more god willing. Noticing the usual pimples here and there, still on Fin 1mg a day, rogaine foam once a day, t sal on wednesdays, and t gel on sundays. I am getting ready to start nizoral on mondays, all once a week only, and may introduce nizoral once every other week though. Still debating which is the best shampoo to use once I drop the baby shampoo. Also on biotin and msm. Lots of the thinning in my crown has improved significantly, I will try to post pics of those soon when I have help with the camera.

DSC01680_zpsaq0bf5ai.jpg

DSC01678_zpsdkdoyprd.jpg

DSC01676_zps045we4ac.jpg

DSC01673_zpsxloztdrm.jpg

DSC01671_zpsm9x1lphb.jpg

DSC01667_zpsku7nwtuz.jpg

Now the fun begins!

Definite new growth there and newly defined hairline Reyes, you'll be a Norwood 1.5 in about another 2-3 months. :cool:

Congrats on the new growth.

go dense or go home

Now the fun begins!

Definite new growth there and newly defined hairline Reyes, you'll be a Norwood 1.5 in about another 2-3 months. :cool:

Congrats on the new growth.

Thank you much hsrp10! Hoping norwood none after 12 months, ha! The regimen seems to be working, just hanging on for the slow process.

• 1 month later...

Seems like the growth is kicking in slowly but surely. I seem to have a bit more density on the left side of my hairline (facing me) and the right side is taking a bit longer to dense up. All in all, I am still very happy with the progress, still wearing hats everywhere I go but hopefully I can burn them all soon, ha! I may be starting Nizoral on month 5 or 6, still just on baby shampoo, t gel, t sal, fin (1mg daily) and minoxidil once a day prior to bedtime.

Btw, sorry about the multiple replies with attachments, iPad isn't letting me upload more than one photo at a time.

image.thumb.jpg.bb68da29eff9ffb33e9b61e949a9b940.jpg