Konior hairline restoration

Reyes1

How's everyone doing! (updated pics on page 3)

My name is Sam, and I've been waiting about 4 plus years to get my procedure with dr konior. I finally just left his office and arrived back at the comfort suites. I will say that I have nothing but amazing things to say about Dr. Konior. He is thorough, calculated, professional and overall a genuine perso to conduct business with. I am very thankful and fortunate to have discovered his services exploring the resources of this forum. I want to give any of you guys out there a short and simple idea of what you're up against, which is absolutely nothing to worry about. I was a nervous wreck the night before, but Dr. Konior, his prestine staff, and of course the meds, made this experience as red carpet as possible. Aside from my twitching and nose scratching in my sleep, I guess I was an overall decent patient. On a scale of one through ten, pain was a 1. Comfort was 10/10. And results speak for themselves. I will say I may be a bit concerned with the hairline greed we all talk about, (maybe lowering the hair line a tad bit - but I could be wrong) but Dr Konior said my forehead swelll has to come down before reanalyzing either way, I will further discuss this with Dr. Konior today on my second visit for clean up. Right now I just gotta pack up with ice and stay on the meds. I believe the grafts were in the 2600's but I was really dozed off and had difficulty focusing. On to some pics. Thanks everyone!

image_zps1wzijvei.jpeg

image_zpswqfjpffi.jpeg

image_zpsc6io4nrl.jpeg

image_zpslpzeaele.jpeg

image_zpsmrxthxma.jpeg

image_zpsjflpqyfv.jpeg

image_zpsomeeuuly.jpeg[/image_zpsb5cfcnuh.jpeg

image_zpsi7jzbjdp.jpeg

image_zps44knr0vs.jpeg

image_zpsxucs7uc8.jpeg

image_zpsi3llfn9p.jpeg

image_zpsmtptk5lg.jpeg

Edited by Reyes1

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That's looks great! I'm sure it will be a knockout result. Hope you'll continue to keep us updated on your progress.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Congrats. The work looks good as usual. Now the long wait begins...

I am an online representative for Farjo Hair Institute

Dr. Bessam Farjo is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions shared are my own.

Looking great, Sam! I assume this was FUT? Wish your post-op pics were as clear as your pre-ops :P. I honestly think your chosen hairline looks very appropriate. You also appear to have an excellent base, so I think this will really work out great in your favor.

What made you hold off for 4+ years? Was it just bad timing or were there other issues involved?

Congrats. The work looks good as usual. Now the long wait begins...

Thank you!, I am sure I'll be ok with wait since I work from home.

Looking great, Sam! I assume this was FUT? Wish your post-op pics were as clear as your pre-ops :P. I honestly think your chosen hairline looks very appropriate. You also appear to have an excellent base, so I think this will really work out great in your favor.

What made you hold off for 4+ years? Was it just bad timing or were there other issues involved?

I waited four years because I was saving the fund to have the procedure. My Sony a6330 camera battery died and I forgot to bring the charger on the trip over. I will definitely post better pics over the weekend when I get back to Miami. Thanks for the kind words. I am hoping once the swelling goes down, the hairline would look a bit more aggressive. Dr.k does amazing work and without a doubt lived up to his hype and reviews. His customer service is 10 out of 10. I am very happy choosing dr k, and would do so over and over again if I were to need any future procedures.

Nice one. Hairline looks low enough to me and will certainly look lower once grown out.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

Nice one. Hairline looks low enough to me and will certainly look lower once grown out.

Thanks, Matt! I am definitely hoping so, as I wouldn't want to undergo another procedure. Btw your thread was one of my main determining factors to use Dr. Konior. Your results were amazing and I followed the thread to the end and mentioned your results to Dr.K. Thank you much for documenting that thread, as I am sure it has helped others like myself.

Thank you!, I am sure I'll be ok with wait since I work from home.

Good to hear. That's a big advantage for getting through the 'ugly duckling' phase!

I am an online representative for Farjo Hair Institute

Dr. Bessam Farjo is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions shared are my own.

Thanks, Matt! I am definitely hoping so, as I wouldn't want to undergo another procedure. Btw your thread was one of my main determining factors to use Dr. Konior. Your results were amazing and I followed the thread to the end and mentioned your results to Dr.K. Thank you much for documenting that thread, as I am sure it has helped others like myself.

Thanks mate. I committed myself to document it come what may and just glad to inspire others.

BTW. Not sure if you're on the meds (seems not according to profile). Would recommend trying even 1mg once per week as it seems to maintain my hair pretty well. I cant seem to tolerate more despite trying various dosing schedule. Worth a try if you haven't..

Thanks mate. I committed myself to document it come what may and just glad to inspire others.

BTW. Not sure if you're on the meds (seems not according to profile). Would recommend trying even 1mg once per week as it seems to maintain my hair pretty well. I cant seem to tolerate more despite trying various dosing schedule. Worth a try if you haven't..

Definitely inspired, as I read it multiple times, including the night before the surgery. I am actually waiting for the propecia meds to clear pick up at Costco's pharmacy. I just gotta find those shampoo's you use once I get back to Miami Fl. My face is swollen now, just trying to ice it as much as possible, along with my forehead and incision area. I am just hoping the swelling goes down soon so that I can see my true hairline placement. Greatly appreciate your input and advise though, Matt!

Definitely inspired, as I read it multiple times, including the night before the surgery. I am actually waiting for the propecia meds to clear pick up at Costco's pharmacy. I just gotta find those shampoo's you use once I get back to Miami Fl. My face is swollen now, just trying to ice it as much as possible, along with my forehead and incision area. I am just hoping the swelling goes down soon so that I can see my true hairline placement. Greatly appreciate your input and advise though, Matt!

You can get the ketoconazole in CVs/Walmart/Walgreens easily except maybe 1% rather than the 2% in the UK. I still use that once a week, usually on a Saturday so I can leave it 5 mins before rinsing. T-Sal and T-Gel I'm a bit more blase about these days. Probably use T-Sal once a fortnight and T-Gel even less.

But for you now it should be mild shampoos for the first few weeks. I think I waited a month before returning to Keto.

You can get the ketoconazole in CVs/Walmart/Walgreens easily except maybe 1% rather than the 2% in the UK. I still use that once a week, usually on a Saturday so I can leave it 5 mins before rinsing. T-Sal and T-Gel I'm a bit more blase about these days. Probably use T-Sal once a fortnight and T-Gel even less.

But for you now it should be mild shampoos for the first few weeks. I think I waited a month before returning to Keto.

Got it! Thank you so much. I'll jot this down and look into it come time to switch shampoo. Any specific conditioners, if any? Thanks again!

Got it! Thank you so much. I'll jot this down and look into it come time to switch shampoo. Any specific conditioners, if any? Thanks again!

I find most conditioners the same really. Usually go for a shop brand that smells of coconut or something.

Congrats. This will be a killer result. Your hairline is plenty low enough. I found thar it.feels like it lowers a cm once it is griwn out.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Congrats. This will be a killer result. Your hairline is plenty low enough. I found thar it.feels like it lowers a cm once it is griwn out.

Thank you, Spanker! The Doc spoke great things about you as well. I feel extremely happy with the decision of going with Dr Konior. Yourself along with both Matts and Sam Spade are just a few to mention that were my deciding factors in this. I definitely am noticing the hairline lower as the swelling gets better, and I am thrilled. Here are some updated pics and quality as promised. (Day 4 pics) Thanks again for your input!

DSC01136.thumb.jpg.fc31cc23e208ce66dc0f97c336548254.jpg

DSC01142.thumb.jpg.4011c58b612497743ae8aa8c8dc76192.jpg

DSC01153.thumb.jpg.dd2254dc7011d5c208e0406158eba6f5.jpg

DSC01163.thumb.jpg.d039610e225929bcd1d5ba8cb03a9f42.jpg

DSC01164.thumb.jpg.6c39f9833414797d81ab48eb957e9770.jpg

DSC01144.thumb.jpg.00bb1d562de2424ed9ad6ad7afb8c87a.jpg

Looks really good Reyes. Do you have any pics of the donor?

Thank you! I don't but I can take some photos tomorrow and post them. Dr K's incisions are the best I've ever seen and I am sure lots of his patients would agree.

Nice, yes I have heard great things about his incisions. Did he happen to use a combination of staples and sutures?

I think it depends on how big a surgery Konior does. I had 3800 grafts done, and the surgery was big enough that he first cut a strip out from the right side of my head. Then he cut one out of the left.

And yes, I had both sutures and staples. Staples came out like 3 or 4 days after surgery...I can't remember exactly when.