Dr Matt Huebner and HUE

Mountinvan

Hi----have seen some good results from Dr, Matt Huebner. He suggests that he has a new technique called "HUE" to get maximum density and more grafts (up to 6 to 7 hairs per graft). The claim made is: "With our exclusive HUE (High-Yield Unit Extraction)℠ Method we can achieve 30% more density in a single procedure for hair transplant patients who are Norwood Class 7."

Is anyone familiar with the Dr. or the technique? Also, there is a fellow Lance on My Follicular Journey whose result looks amazing. Is it just me that is blown away by the naturalness and refinement? Perhaps there is new prospect for the Coalition?

Edited by Mountinvan

I'm not a big fan of suggesting people even think about going with non HRN recommended doctors, but I also came across that guy's posts and his results are great. There are some other Huebner results on Youtube as well.

There are some older posts here on HRN that subject if you research it.

Edited by David - Moderator

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

An important part of my post was edited by David, so adding for clarity.

Huebner was trained under another doctor who can't be mentioned here, and the older posts on here are regarding similar max density type of advertising. Results look good but do your research before deciding.

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

Yes, I am familiar with the fact that he was trained by a physician whose license was suspended after repeated purported messiah complex/schizophrenia episodes. Was nameless a HTN doctor? But, putting that aside, I am wondering what the scientific foundation for HUE is--if anyone has an opinion? Did the trainer, who shall go unnamed, also promote the same mega density? Huebner should not be dismissed just because he is not yet HTN recommended, He may be an up and comer. He has solid traditional academic creds that we don't always see and a fan club of you tube posters that claim not to be compensated. Just trying to think outside the box a bit.

Edited by Mountinvan

When I researched this doctor he reminding a lot of the trainer. They take old outdated techniques (strip extractions, and multi grafts), and make it sound like this something new they created. I am sure they have the same marketing companies that probably buys views and likes. They send alot of time saying why they are so good and everyone else is bad. The other doctors was caught posting under many patients under the same ips address. They even went as low as saying they were a sick child father and how much they did for him. They have no morals or standards, its about only making money for them.

When you are good you don't need to over market because your former patients and word of mouth will do all the work for you. I am sure in the next week once of his patients (marketing) will come on and say how happy they are and how great he is.

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

Lorenzo I agree over marketing is kinda a put off for me but nomatter who they are they all do it by calling it this or that, I seen one doc here recently call his technique a bio FUE like whats all that about? Its either FUE or FUT for crying out load.

They all try to market themselves in there own way, guess that's all part of the business because it's a very competitive worlwide market which IMO only confuses prospective patient's.

I am not familiar with this physician but I too am not a fan of doctors taking an existing technique and changing the name to make it sound like a new technique when all they may do differently is use a different tool. FUE is Follicular Unit Extraction. It is also referred to as FIT (Follicular Isolation Technique). There is no CIT or HUE, they are just playing on the actual technique by throwing the initial of the doctor in there.

I'm sure Dr. Huebner isn't extracting "Huebner Units" and if he is, I certainly don't want him implanting them on my scalp :-). Thus, there is no "Huebner Unit Extraction". It's Follicular Unit Extraction because follicular units are being extracted and implanted.

Best wishes,

Bill

First I want to say I never had a procedure with Huebner. Due to the fact that I was uneducated I had dealings with the doctor he used to work with and trained him. I just want to say that was one of the worst experiences of my life and almost scared me from ever getting a procedure. Huebner seems to have the same business model as the doctor I can't mention here. The hue is a scam. Basically they do not charge by grafts they charge by the size of the strip . They tell everyone they need two procedures in the same area because grafts planted too close to one another will die off. This is as we all know complete nonsense. The doctor who trained him has a history of bragging he can get more hair than anyone. He does this by charging patients more by taking an extra giant strip. I have seen several examples of scars that dip down way below the safe zone. Do your self a favor and move on.

Edited by JON86

When I researched this doctor he reminding a lot of the trainer. They take old outdated techniques (strip extractions, and multi grafts), and make it sound like this something new they created. I am sure they have the same marketing companies that probably buys views and likes. They send alot of time saying why they are so good and everyone else is bad. The other doctors was caught posting under many patients under the same ips address. They even went as low as saying they were a sick child father and how much they did for him. They have no morals or standards, its about only making money for them.

When you are good you don't need to over market because your former patients and word of mouth will do all the work for you. I am sure in the next week once of his patients (marketing) will come on and say how happy they are and how great he is.

You are correct in your assumption. When the trainer flipped out he fired everyone in his office and the sales rep went to work with Huebner and helped him start up his own practice. The rep has since quit working for Huebner and is now working for the trainer again. Trust me I could write a book about how screwed up and dishonest everything that went on in south Florida.

JON86

Thanks for sharing your story. I think its important that you share you rexperience. I looked online and everywhere is 1 time reviewers giving him 5 stars. His marketing philosophy is pathetic but I know it can work if people don't research. That is why its important to share all detail of your story that will allow potential patients of his not get be blinded by his smoke and mirror marketing.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

They offer the micro mini grafts of the 80's along with three blade strip extractions. He says it better to have 6-8 hair per graft instead of 1-3 hairs. Anybody educated in hair transplants know he is full of crap.

Thank you Lorenzo for your kind words. I want people to be safe and avoid bad doctors. I do not want anyone to go through what I went through. I want to post this for patients and the moderators so they know what is going on out there. When I went to the trainers practice there were three doctors working there. Himself , Huebner and Dr Marko. You can see the obviously ridiculous marketing. They all follow the same pattern. They use outdated grafting and name the procedure after themself. Charging someone by the size of the strip is ridiculous. Look at this and learn. This doctor learned this from them. They have the same exact bs claims.MAX DENSITY® Hair Restoration Procedure | Advanced Hair Transplants

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

The most disturbing thing from this clinic is the blatant bait and switch marketing, HUE is supposedly an acronym for High Yield Unit Extraction, when they explain what that means they basically say it's a large strip in which they combine follicular units to make 5,6,7 hair fu's. Well this is nothing new, as a matter of fact this was what was called mini grafts of the late 80's and 90's. Sure if you put enough mini grafts on the scalp when the hairs grown it'll look okay, but if you look closely at the hairline it does not look natural, and if you cut the hair short you will see large pluggy fu's with huge spaces in between. Do yourself a favor and avoid this clinic at all cost.

Here is an example of his ultra refined technique you can see how natural the hairline looks. I really hope this dude goes to another doc to get that fixed, in 7 months it's only going to look more pluggy as the hair gets thicker and mature.

http://youtu.be/4I2GD8vJYZc

Edited by Melvin-HTsoon

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Bill,

given your history on the website id like toget your feedback on Dr Koray Erdogan in Turkey vs Dr. Yates in Chicago. these are the 2 first doctors i would like to initially do my hair transplant with given their credentials. recently i have learned about Matt Huebner and he also seems well established...

In addition, the last statement you mentioned bill about having high standrads on the hair restoration network, i would also highly appreciate your opnion on the following post i posted last week (link below)

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/188092-dr-ekrem-civas.html

I would appreciate anyones (constructive) feedback regarding the below as well. many thanks.

text:

Hi all,

would love to get your opinion on Dr. Ekrem Civas to do the FUE hair transplant. i have looked at several doctors lik keser (mixed reviews), hakan doganay (too pricey with also mixed reviews), civas (reasonably priced, good concultation, experience to be sufficient) and lastly but not least dr. Erdogan with ASMED. He was by far the most qualified for me and i greatly appreciate his techniques, however, he is way out of my budget (which is around 7000 Euros). There is also a clinic called estethica, however they seem more commercial than medical, correct me if i am wrong (2 people did their surgery there and so far not that bad) my concern with them is that whether you transplant 2000 or 5000 its the same price unless you cant handle one session they will charge you double to have a second session the day after.

i received consultation from erdogan, very precise, concise and professional, he mentioned he would transplant 5000-5500 hairs over the course of 2 days (a bit over 10,000 Euros, which is completely out of range with my budget)

the second consultation was from dr. civas, also concise, precise and professional, he recommended 3200 grafts in one session (perhaps extract more once i am physically there depending on the donor area if i need to take out more) price was a little under 5000 Euros

the third consultation i received was from astethica, a dr mehtab ozturkman (havent heard of her) and had 3 diff packages but the main point is that they would do the 1 session to extract upto 4500 in one session if i couldnt handle one session they will split it into 2 sessions and the price with be doubled simply (1700USD a bit cheap here or double for 2 sessions...worry some?)

these are the 3 consultations i had the other 2 nominees were doganay (pricy like erdogan from what i saw and i liked erdogan results more if i were to go this route however i cant afford) the other is dr. Yaman and he seemed to have results similar to Civas except i feel that Civas has been doing this way longer and given his background and history of accomplishments Civas is better on paper. also Keser however results also vary...

my main concern is that i have not seen many reviews for dr civas only a few people commenting their surgery with him went great but without proof or follow up on the questions people had, or a really bad case (http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.co...m-civas-2.html) which is why this drove me to ask if in fact CIVAS is recommended or not. i had made my final decision until i saw this post to go with CIVAS. His sales rep was also very concise with the questions i had seems to be knowledgeable.

civas comments.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.co...m-civas-7.html

any advise? i would like to do the surgery before end of this year... OR should i wait until i can afford Dr. Erdogan

It's quite constructive.

Yates? Huh? What research or credentials do you see that impress you? Hell, the guy has only been doing transplants for 10 years. Is he even recommended on here?

Anyways, the top 5 to 10 doctors in the world are consistently listed on this site. I don't have much sympathy for people who have access to those doctors yet want to go to Iran for a transplant because it's cheaper or pick some surgeon because they saw some celeb on one of the surgeons websites.

• Like 1