(New member) How did I do? - Cost...

Hello all, I am day 5 post FUE (Neograft) and just now came across this very helpful site. I am curious as to the "deal" I received for my first hair transplant.

I paid 12k for a "medium/large" FUE neograft transplant. They never told me how many grafts would be transplanted or how many were transplanted. They approximated 1800 grafts were transplanted when I followed up with them. I also paid $800 for the low level laser post therapy for 28 sessions.

I would love any and all feedback!

Well... I got two opinions. One was from Bosley and the other was this place. I liked the idea of FUE (Neograft) vs having the FUT scar. Attached a couple pictures of before and after... Any and all feedback is appreciated....

The first pic is before

Then second day

The last two are Day 5 post op

image.thumb.jpg.1af30105436a0d541dbc0f2b3238fac0.jpg

image.thumb.jpeg.ec58c456f920f35c7d1acaeeb48b1ae4.jpeg

I too had a neograft done in 2012 for 1000 grats I think it cost me 5k and it was a mistake. I later had to get another hair transplant done in july of 2015 this time by a doctor recommended on this website. Judging from your pics you are most likely going to need another one, 1800 grafts over that big of an area won't give good enough density. You need to research this website to find a good doctor and do NOT go back to that neograft doc for any other work.

Edited by whoknows01

Awidowspeak - thanks for the comment. After some of the early responses I was starting to think that I made some huge mistake. My doctor was Dr Brett Hirsch. He is based out of Sarasota but came to Jax for my procedure. Having it done locally was important to me and I realize I may have been able to travel and pay less, but wanted to stay close to home. I'm Day 8 now and the scabs are beginning to come off.

Hokie usually I like to be positive when someone new posts. I know it was a big decision and an expensive decision to have a transplant. This transplant doesn't look good, it looks like the kind of work of an amateur. That is a big area to cover for such a small amount of grafts. I don't know what he promised you but if all the grafts grow you will have a low density plug looking transplant (maybe I am wrong). This is why I don't like companies like Neografts or ARTAS because I think their main purpose is to sell the product regardless of the doctors experience. I know you were concerned about the scar but looking at your donor it looks like the holes are a lot bigger than normal. You will probably end up with more scaring than if you had FUT with a reputable doctor. I think you needed around 3500-4000 to make a good cosmetic difference. I am sorry to sound negative but I don't want to lie and say it looks good. As a positive it doesn't look too low so you maybe able to get repaired if needed. I wish you the best.

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

First, it is good you found this site. Lots of good info here.

Second, I see you are getting mixed opinions, hopefully this is not freaking you out.

Third, You paid about average in terms of price so you are ok there. It is odd that they did not count your grafts (usually they give you a very EXACT count with a lot of detail).

Fourth, honestly it is just too soon to say anything about your HT. You just had it done. Kudos for getting it done and now just settle in for the long wait. I suspect you will like your new look and if you want more work done you should easily have more donor if they only took about 1800 grafts.

That is very low density for the area covered. You should temper your expectations abd evaluate in 9 months to a year. Sorry for the bad news. If you get good yield it wont be catastrophic, you'll just need more density.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

The numbers/density are low for the area covered, but fingers crossed you get a good yield and growth as Spanker says. You'll certainly need further procedures to get decent coverage but hopefully this will at least provide a base for you to work from.

All the best and keep us posted.

I am an online representative for Farjo Hair Institute

Dr. Bessam Farjo is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions shared are my own.