Are there Artificial Hair Plugs?

glenalm

Does anyone know if there are artificial hair plugs available? By that I mean fake hair that can be surgically transplanted in the scalp. I could have sworn that I had seen something like this advertised in a TV infomercial many many years ago.

They did it in the past and it didn't work out due to infection.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

They did it in the past and it didn't work out due to infection.

Damn! I was hoping this existed and would be better than regular hair transplants. Do you know if there are still companies out there still providing this type of hair system?

I would be very wary of this, but it appears there are companies that still perform this type of work:

Medicap: Artificial hair implant, instruments and training

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.

These "biological implant" fibers generally cause a very pronounced "foreign body" rejection reaction and LOTS of long-term scarring in the scalp.

There are some companies claiming to have improved the implants and some areas where you can get them done, but I think most would recommend researching follicular unit grafting (IE modern hair transplantation) first.

Dr. Blake Bloxham is recommended by the Hair Transplant Network.

Hair restoration physician - Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation

Previously "Future_HT_Doc" or "Blake_Bloxham" - forum co-moderator and editorial assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, Hair Restoration Network, Hair Loss Q&A blog, and Hair Loss Learning Center.

Click here to read my previous answers to hair loss and hair restoration questions, editorials, commentaries, and educational articles.

Now practicing hair transplant surgery with Coalition hair restoration physician Dr Alan Feller at our New York practice: Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation.

Please note: my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Creepy video, creepy product.

3185 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 2/17/16

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/182611-fut-3185-dr-rahal-day-after-pics.html

1204 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 3/27/17

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/186586-round-2-rahal-1204-fut-frontal-third-same-area.html

---> total of 4389 grafts to my frontal third via FUT

---> 1mg finasteride daily since 1999:)

I wonder how they "anchor" the fake hair into the scalp?

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.

I would be very wary of this, but it appears there are companies that still perform this type of work:

This procedure makes no sense. I thought these artificial hair plugs would be much more fuller, providing a dense head of "hair". This is not good. Theres got to be a company that provides better work than this piece of excrement.

Don't think it's possible. Like Blake said the body would see it as some type of foreign invader and reject it .

But infection should not and is not the reason why the procedure should provide fuller "hair", even approaching the same if not more density than the human scalp.

Shampoo,

They used to have a mechanism where it basically tied a knot underneath the skin after the implant penetrated through the skin itself. This way the knot was larger than the hole it made on entry, and it couldn't be dislodged.

Dr. Blake Bloxham is recommended by the Hair Transplant Network.

Hair restoration physician - Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation

Previously "Future_HT_Doc" or "Blake_Bloxham" - forum co-moderator and editorial assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, Hair Restoration Network, Hair Loss Q&A blog, and Hair Loss Learning Center.

Click here to read my previous answers to hair loss and hair restoration questions, editorials, commentaries, and educational articles.

Now practicing hair transplant surgery with Coalition hair restoration physician Dr Alan Feller at our New York practice: Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation.

Please note: my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Shampoo,

They used to have a mechanism where it basically tied a knot underneath the skin after the implant penetrated through the skin itself. This way the knot was larger than the hole it made on entry, and it couldn't be dislodged.

Shampoo? ok..

But are there companies that provide rich hair density?

Let recap! It's creepy at best - doesn't look all that good - your scalp will reject it - it's physically impossible to get the kind of density you desire - and your head will implode making it a mess.

Sign me up !

I'm serious.  Just look at my face.

My Hair Regimen: Lather, Rinse, Repeat.