Shock loss in donor (fut/strip) at 6.5 month.

At this timepoint, and given how it looks, I suspect this is close to your final scar appearance. You could have some delayed growth in the scar but you may not. Honestly, it does not look too bad to me and I suspect you could cover it well with grooming or if it really bothered you a small FUE session may get it to where you are fine with it.

Yeah. That isn't a great scar and I agree that is what it will probably be.

Good news is that it looks like you have great donor hair.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Yeah. That isn't a great scar and I agree that is what it will probably be.

Good news is that it looks like you have great donor hair.

You guys sure this is how it will be? Cause i had a lot of shock loss in this region.

No...not sure. You may gain some density above and below the scar but that really does look like scar tissue and I don't think the scar will shrink it get much more hair grow through.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Strange my other side is perfect and impossible to find.

I hate my scar at the moment can't hide it even with 2 cm hair around it.

Also my hair won't grow downward so have to style it through out the day to try and hide it.

Yeah. That sucks. You could consider a scar revision in a few months. If you trust the doc, he should comp it. I know that you probably don't want to risk the shock again, so I understand hesitation. You might want to consider doing some scalp exercises in case you want to do it. Maybe consider growing your hair out while you wait it out to see what happens in case you do a revision. I think a scar revision would be pretty reasonable. I'd wait and see if you are happy with the rest of the hr and then decide next steps.

View Spanker's Website

Yeah. That sucks. You could consider a scar revision in a few months. If you trust the doc, he should comp it. I know that you probably don't want to risk the shock again, so I understand hesitation. You might want to consider doing some scalp exercises in case you want to do it. Maybe consider growing your hair out while you wait it out to see what happens in case you do a revision. I think a scar revision would be pretty reasonable. I'd wait and see if you are happy with the rest of the hr and then decide next steps.

On your previous post did you mean that the hairs around the scar can still get thicker and more regrowth there?

that would also do much for me i think

• Administrators

Here's my 2 cent's when you have a scar you're unhappy with, rarely is it fixed by creating another scar, scarring is one of those things that may come down to your physiology, some guys get really thin scars and some don't.

In my opinion, the only way to go is FUE in to the scar. My only concern is it does appear that the hair growth direction has changed around the scar, causing the hair to grow upwards near the top of the scar and downwards near the bottom, I believe this is what's exposing the strip scar. If the hair were to grow downward it would cover the scar quite easily. Great news is your hair characteristics look amazing thick black coarse hair, I think beard hair in to the scar would work good with those characteristics no need to waste precious scalp grafts.

If I were you I would go to a surgeon to examine the growth around the scar, perhaps a shave down is necessary to see if in fact the hair is growing in a different direction, similar to a crown whirl.

example

eS9WtN9.jpg

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Mosd, is that photo how your scar always appears or have you parted the hair especially to take the photo? It would be interesting to see a photo of the whole of the back of your head to put the scar into context

Here's my 2 cent's when you have a scar you're unhappy with, rarely is it fixed by creating another scar, scarring is one of those things that may come down to your physiology, some guys get really thin scars and some don't.

In my opinion, the only way to go is FUE in to the scar. My only concern is it does appear that the hair growth direction has changed around the scar, causing the hair to grow upwards near the top of the scar and downwards near the bottom, I believe this is what's exposing the strip scar. If the hair were to grow downward it would cover the scar quite easily. Great news is your hair characteristics look amazing thick black coarse hair, I think beard hair in to the scar would work good with those characteristics no need to waste precious scalp grafts.

If I were you I would go to a surgeon to examine the growth around the scar, perhaps a shave down is necessary to see if in fact the hair is growing in a different direction, similar to a crown whirl.

example

eS9WtN9.jpg

thanks for your 2 cents :)

The thing is that my scar on the left side is perfect, i cant its hard to find even for me who knows where it is. So maybe both sides get better after second time. I dont know.

I think that my plan is to wait for results in the recipient and at that time grow the back little longer. Actually im not a big fan of short hair but since my recipient is still thin im forced to have short hair.

In that case i will wait for fixing the scar until/if im doing a second OP in the future.

It looks much better in the last pics, you can't tell there's a scar unless someone was to look very closely at your scalp. I'm sure when you grow your hair longer it will look normal.

It looks much better in the last pics, you can't tell there's a scar unless someone was to look very closely at your scalp. I'm sure when you grow your hair longer it will look normal.

you dont think that 2 cm is long?

Are you sure it's that's long? If it is 2cm that's around a grade 6.5 which you would expect to fully cover the scar.

Is grade 6.5 really 2cm?

Yes it's around grade 6-6.5. Google it!

There is still a chance that it will improve however I do agree that like others have mentioned that it is probably going to end up close to that. Unless you are considering another surgery I would not revise that scar alone as the risks outweigh the potential benefits. I would FUE into that scar but you should wait a bit longer to see if there is any improvement.

Senior Patient Advisor for Dr Edward Ball of The Maitland Clinic.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of The Maitland Clinic.

Formerly Garageland of Hasson & Wong with 20 years of history in Hair Restoration.

Meet with myself for a free consultation and advice in London on June 21st 2018.

There is still a chance that it will improve however I do agree that like others have mentioned that it is probably going to end up close to that. Unless you are considering another surgery I would not revise that scar alone as the risks outweigh the potential benefits. I would FUE into that scar but you should wait a bit longer to see if there is any improvement.

Hopefully it will improve a bit then.

The doctor told me I had good lacity when we did the operation. If i would do a second operation would I be able to do another fut? Since one of my sides is perfect maybe both will become like that after a second operation.

Yes it could still improve over the next couple of months I have seen that happen.

You have another donor for another FUT and it makes sense to go that way as you already have the scar. You might get a better donor scar on that side after the second FUT but there are no guarantees.

I was just saying I wouldn't go through with just a surgery to revise it.

All the best and I hope you get improvements. Please keep us posted.

Senior Patient Advisor for Dr Edward Ball of The Maitland Clinic.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of The Maitland Clinic.

Formerly Garageland of Hasson & Wong with 20 years of history in Hair Restoration.

Meet with myself for a free consultation and advice in London on June 21st 2018.

Yes it could still improve over the next couple of months I have seen that happen.

You have another donor for another FUT and it makes sense to go that way as you already have the scar. You might get a better donor scar on that side after the second FUT but there are no guarantees.

I was just saying I wouldn't go through with just a surgery to revise it.

All the best and I hope you get improvements. Please keep us posted.

My thought exactly. If my recipient gets good after this op hopefully I can accept the scar. Then take it from there.

Thanks for your answer!