1859 FUE with Dr. Hasson

How are things coming along Trashpanda?

3185 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 2/17/16

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/182611-fut-3185-dr-rahal-day-after-pics.html

1204 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 3/27/17

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/186586-round-2-rahal-1204-fut-frontal-third-same-area.html

---> total of 4389 grafts to my frontal third via FUT

---> 1mg finasteride daily since 1999:)

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey Ernie, I was going to wait until the 8th to give a 3 month update but I have started to see some growth in the past week or two so I might as well add some pics. My redness is barely noticeable and growth is starting to kick in. My left side is stronger than the right for now, but that's also the side that started shedding first. Does anyone know if there is a correlation? Still on 1.25 proscar and actually started taking these new biotin 10,000mcg, not sure if that has anything to do with early growth. What do you guys think of my updated pics?

IMG_4554.thumb.jpg.793015f1bce478475edaf0dbc9ce686e.jpg

IMG_4555.thumb.jpg.e9a8e6e188f37882e02cc85b800620eb.jpg

IMG_4557.thumb.jpg.ab34e6cfc476c43c8ff93c82b2435137.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Hey Ernie, I was going to wait until the 8th to give a 3 month update but I have started to see some growth in the past week or two so I might as well add some pics. My redness is barely noticeable and growth is starting to kick in. My left side is stronger than the right for now, but that's also the side that started shedding first. Does anyone know if there is a correlation? Still on 1.25 proscar and actually started taking these new biotin 10,000mcg, not sure if that has anything to do with early growth. What do you guys think of my updated pics?

Hey Panda,

Sorry, I missed this update of yours completely. Everything looks good and I can tell you that you are looking right on track! It would also look to me like it would be impossible for anyone to tell you've even had an HT at this stage - so no more ugly duckling! Do not worry about the perceived difference in one side vs the other, my left was (and still is) slightly ahead of my right, but it should fade into obscurity fairly soon.

Congrats mate, everything will just keep getting better and better - trust me on that one.

Keep us all updated - happy growing :)

TJ

Thanks man for share your story about your fun hair transplant. Although I could not read the complete story but I assume you get success on growing hair using fun hair transplant. I have a friend who also used fun hair transplant from Dr. Divakar Garg at "gargclinic". Now his hair also started growing as aspected.

6-1-300x175.jpg

Looking quite good Trashpanda!!

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/182611-fut-3185-dr-rahal-day-after-pics.html

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/186586-round-2-rahal-1204-fut-frontal-third-same-area.html

• 3 weeks later...

I think it's looking darn good especially at this early stage. Definite significant growth there.

One side being slower to grow in is quite common and most of us have experienced this. Also transplanted hair can be substantially darker than your native hair (especially if you have grays etc) in some cases.

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

I agree that the work looks solid and don't think you have a reason to worry at this point. It's still early in the game, which you're aware of. The waiting really is the hardest part, but I see good things in store for you. :)

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

These pics are from yesterday, a week after the pics above

Hasson is awesome, and my guess Trashpanda is that this is gonna pop big time from months 4-6. These are huge activity months coming up for you.

Congrats on the early progress!

You're going to be grinning from ear to ear in a couple months! I remember you said that you wanted a more mature hairline, and I think this was a much better decision than going for an aggressive "straight-line."

Congrats TP! You're well on your way.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey everyone here's my 5 month post op update. Everything seems to be filling in really well and I definitely have more confidence going out in public without a hat. The transplanted hair is still darker and more crinkly than native hair but I know that takes time to "blend". Will keep you guys updated again at the 6 month mark

IMG_0206.thumb.jpg.decd7d50a2d8c3563b0c475ba30739a1.jpg

IMG_0207.thumb.jpg.708e2c3e2164ba368244946703617d91.jpg

IMG_0212.thumb.jpg.e593e24608c4a7c84203ddf82c24eb9a.jpg

Wow that's looking great man, honest pics as well with hair wet (?) and the hairline combed back.

Really super result for the grafts used (he didn't over do it with 3,000 grafts like some clinics), I continue to be a Hasson fan.

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

Damn, looks good already at only 5 months. You must be thrilled

Wow that's looking great man, honest pics as well with hair wet (?) and the hairline combed back.

Really super result for the grafts used (he didn't over do it with 3,000 grafts like some clinics), I continue to be a Hasson fan.

This is one aspect of my surgery that I went back and forth on at first but in the end I think I will be much happier in the long term. We could have easily lowered or given me a more juvenile hairline with more grafts, I'm sure if I consulted with some of the best Turkish docs they would have said minimum 2500...but I'm young (25) and I'm sure eventually I will need one or more surgeries in the future to keep up with hair loss even though I am stable on propecia. So those extra grafts are going to come in handy down the line.

Thanks for the kind words everyone. How long does transplanted hair take to blend in as the same color/texture as native hair? TJ I thought I saw you post about it in your thread somewhere?

What a fantastic hairline outcome and at only 5 months to boot! You must be over the moon. No wonder you have more confidence going out ;). Would like to see a pic of how you normally style your hair nowadays before going out, too.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey Panda,

Hope you're doing well. Hair is looking solid as hell right now, yet there's still lots more to look forward to. Trust me when I say that it keeps getting better and better and you're exactly where you want to be right now. Another great Hasson result IMO.

Any pics of how everything looks when it's dry/styled?

Hey Panda,

Hope you're doing well. Hair is looking solid as hell right now, yet there's still lots more to look forward to. Trust me when I say that it keeps getting better and better and you're exactly where you want to be right now. Another great Hasson result IMO.

Any pics of how everything looks when it's dry/styled?

TJ, thanks for the compliments. You're right that it does keep getting better! I'm getting compliments all the time now about my hair. The transplanted hair is still darker and more coarse than my native hair, but that will sort itself out.

Overall I'm very very happy with my results so far. I was telling my friend the other day that even though I had to pay more to go to H&W than the local clinic (recommended doctor), I felt like it was totally justified based on the results and comfort level I had with them. This HT was worth every penny, it has definitely been a major positive impact on my life. So many things are coming together and opportunities are presenting themselves in my personal life and career, it's really amazing. How much of that is due to the HT? Probably less than I think, but the amount of daily anxiety I had before the HT compared to now is significant. I don't think about my hair when I wake up in the morning, I just get up and go. I don't think about my hair when I'm working outside, sweating, or meeting with clients. The fact that I'm only 6 months in is extremely encouraging since there still more time for improvements of density and texture. Honestly the density I have now is fine, maybe the right side needs to catch up a bit to the left but if things stopped growing tiday I would be happy as long as the texture issue sorts itself out.

Here's a couple pics I took last week. They're not the best but it's all I have on my phone. I'll try to get some styled pics up in the next few days, although I don't really style my hair that much- I just comb it after the shower and let it dry and wear it like that.

OnqZSF6

Edit: photo upload isn't working for me for some reason?

TJ, thanks for the compliments. You're right that it does keep getting better! I'm getting compliments all the time now about my hair. The transplanted hair is still darker and more coarse than my native hair, but that will sort itself out.

Overall I'm very very happy with my results so far. I was telling my friend the other day that even though I had to pay more to go to H&W than the local clinic (recommended doctor), I felt like it was totally justified based on the results and comfort level I had with them. This HT was worth every penny, it has definitely been a major positive impact on my life. So many things are coming together and opportunities are presenting themselves in my personal life and career, it's really amazing. How much of that is due to the HT? Probably less than I think, but the amount of daily anxiety I had before the HT compared to now is significant. I don't think about my hair when I wake up in the morning, I just get up and go. I don't think about my hair when I'm working outside, sweating, or meeting with clients. The fact that I'm only 6 months in is extremely encouraging since there still more time for improvements of density and texture. Honestly the density I have now is fine, maybe the right side needs to catch up a bit to the left but if things stopped growing tiday I would be happy as long as the texture issue sorts itself out.

Here's a couple pics I took last week. They're not the best but it's all I have on my phone. I'll try to get some styled pics up in the next few days, although I don't really style my hair that much- I just comb it after the shower and let it dry and wear it like that.

Glad to hear it buddy. I agree with you 100%, and felt very much the same way. You just stop feeling anxious/worrying about it constantly. I didn't realise how much the constant worrying used to drain me mentally until I stopped. The novelty of having a strong head of hair certainly hasn't worn off for me yet either, and I do feel happy with the result every time I see myself in the mirror.

You are also probably right in that it isn't the HT directly that's doing that, but it does have such a positive effect on your whole general outlook, which in turn affects the way other people respond to you. That's my opinion at least.

Thanks for the pictures. Your hair will thicken up and also soften, although the softening does happen very gradually. My transplanted hair curls, especially on the one side, although it still looks completely natural. I am now just starting to notice the hair at the root seems to sit flatter, but I think I'll have to wait the full year until it's as soft as my native and gorwn out to the extent that the old, wiry hairs have been cut off.

Really happy for you mate! Seeing Dr H is one of if not the best decisions I've ever made and I'm happy to see others thinking the same (you, me, spidey, noair etc.)