Worried about FUE :/

Hi everyone,

I'm new to posting this page but not new to the experiences you all have faced! I decided to undergo a FUE procedure and I've followed all the aftercare instructions. It has been 2 months since the procedure and I wash my hair usually now and soak it in a little oil as my scalp has become incredibly dry. Since the op, no grafts have fallen and they have grown, but over the last week I've noticed that 3-4 tiny sharp implanted hairs have fallen out. I'm very very worried that I'm losing grafts, or this normal for them to fall out after 2 months? If someone could please provide some advice/ comments on this, I would really appreciate it!

I don't think you have anything to worry about. Nearly everyone loses the transplanted hairs. Keep in mind all of your hair has a pre-determined genetic cycle of growth. The hair lives and grows around seven years and then naturally falls out. You then have a period of dormancy (about 4 months generally) before a new hair starts to grow. Each hair has its normal cycle. If anything more unusual occurs you can consult with your surgeon, but I think you will be just fine and have a lot to look forward to when all the new growth starts in a couple months.

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

After two weeks, scabs should begin falling. After two months, you aren't losing grafts unless you are getting too much sun exposure.

My opinions are my own. I am one representative of MyWHTC Clinic's European branch.

Consultation Dates & Cities for Dr. Patrick Mwamba

London, United Kingdom - Available (Sat.)

Zurich, Switzerland - Available (Saturday)

Bologna, Italy - Available (Saturday)

Brussles, Belgium - Available (Sun.-Sat.) *No Fee*

Dr. Patrick Mwamba is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Any pics?

3185 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 2/17/16

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/182611-fut-3185-dr-rahal-day-after-pics.html

1204 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 3/27/17

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/186586-round-2-rahal-1204-fut-frontal-third-same-area.html

---> total of 4389 grafts to my frontal third via FUT

---> 1mg finasteride daily since 1999:)

Thankyou for your responses, they have put my mind at ease.

John Casper- Thankyou for your reply, your response was very informative and I feel that it may just be my hair cycle. I will be seeing my doctor over the weekend to check up on the progress of my hair.

Mr Gio- I agree, my scabs fell off during the first two weeks and my donor and recipient areas healed up well. I'm not so sure about sun exposure as I did wear a cap for the first few weeks and as I'm a female with very long and quite heavy hair (although not the front of course), I did cover up my area well. It could be a possibility perhaps?

Ernie- I will be posting a blog with photos and my experience from my very early stages of hair loss to show my overall (hopefully good) progression as a journey, so other women and men can benefit .

Best,

Better than a bad hair day

At two months post-op, the grafts are definitely secure and any hairs that fall out are just a part of the normal process. The first 2 weeks are the most crucial time to be concerned about losing/damaging grafts, but after the 10 day mark, studies show that the grafts are locked in. (Some surgeons say it takes a little longer, but I view this as more of a precaution than anything). Also, a good rule of thumb for determining whether or not you've lost a graft (as opposed to the hair just shedding) is if there's no blood, the graft is fine. If a hair comes out and your scalp starts bleeding, chances are a graft has been damaged. Hope that helps. Happy growing! :)

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

• 4 weeks later...