Istanbul airport - Turkey Attacks

ontop

To all the Forum Members who are going to Turkey be extra careful & be very vigilant of your surroundings as today has been a attack at Istanbul Airport.

I guess any western Members who are thinking about such places to get HT will properly give it more thought at this time of uncertainly.

Just be Careful Guys.

Crazy situation. I feel lucky given I was at that airport only 3 days ago following me transplant

Hairsgone,

yep you was very lucky, I sure hope any of the forum .member's didnt get caught up with this outrageous, barbaric crap just for the sake of a HT.

My thoughts are with there loved ones at this time...dam shame.

Guess I'll just have to fly Erdogan (and a couple techs obv) over to me.

Riiiight.

I have wondered before if this had somehow been arranged though...someone with more money than I'll ever see basically paying to get a hair transplant delivered.

(post not intended to make light of this most recent senseless slaughtering)

I'd give Turkey a miss. That could have been anyone flying in there. I'm making alternative arrangements. So, So tragic for the families.

These nutters need cleansed off this planet.

I don't get it. Fine to give Turkey a miss, but what about a city in the United States, is that really safer when you think of San Bernidina and Boston? Or how about France? So it's safe to travel to or within the states or Western Europe , but now we should give Turkey a miss. Perspective guys. Reality is that these Barbarians have take the war to us, and can strike any place at any time. Hell, Iran is probably the safest place to travel to for a Hair Transplant. I can't believe they would target the very country that sponsors them.

I don't get it. Fine to give Turkey a miss, but what about a city in the United States, is that really safer when you think of San Bernidina and Boston? Or how about France? So it's safe to travel to or within the states or Western Europe , but now we should give Turkey a miss. Perspective guys. Reality is that these Barbarians have take the war to us, and can strike any place at any time. Hell, Iran is probably the safest place to travel to for a Hair Transplant. I can't believe they would target the very country that sponsors them.

I get your point but I don't think you can compare the States to Istanbul. Most westernised countries are very very safe. Boston bombing was 3 years ago and San Bernidina last year and recent Orlando shooting are still very rare incidents. In comparison this is the SIXITH bombing in Istanbul in six months and all are linked to either IS or Kurdish separatists groups.

I agree the odds of getting caught up in something is still very low in reality but the odds of something happening in Istanbul are clearly much higher than the average western city.

I actually have my surgery booked in for Tue 11th Oct and fly out Sunday 9th. Have to say I'm seriously considering cancelling or delaying.

Apparently tourism is down about 60%, hardly any people/queues at popular tourist attractions and businesses/stores closed due to lack of people. If this is the case then surely the clinics are taking a hit too and with less bookings do they start cutting staff (techs) and the quality suffers as a result?

Justjax, you make some excellent points budd

if you booked, paid your deposit I think you should still go, just be careful thats all.

You have waited so long for this time, dont let them nut case's stop your lifes & dreams, that's what these idiots want.

Its a personal choice I know, but ill support you whatever you decide.

Edited by ontop
typo

The reality is, they can and will strike anywhere. I would prefer to have a head to put my HT on. It's about minimising your risk and Turkey is very high risk at the moment. Good luck to anyone choosing to go and I hope they are safe.

I get your point but I don't think you can compare the States to Istanbul. Most westernised countries are very very safe. Boston bombing was 3 years ago and San Bernidina last year and recent Orlando shooting are still very rare incidents. In comparison this is the SIXITH bombing in Istanbul in six months and all are linked to either IS or Kurdish separatists groups.

I agree the odds of getting caught up in something is still very low in reality but the odds of something happening in Istanbul are clearly much higher than the average western city.

I actually have my surgery booked in for Tue 11th Oct and fly out Sunday 9th. Have to say I'm seriously considering cancelling or delaying.

Apparently tourism is down about 60%, hardly any people/queues at popular tourist attractions and businesses/stores closed due to lack of people. If this is the case then surely the clinics are taking a hit too and with less bookings do they start cutting staff (techs) and the quality suffers as a result?

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't go to Turkey either, but at the same time I live in New York City and ride the subway passing underneath Times Square & Penn Station during peak rush hour every day. Which city other than D.C. would these Barbarians just love to get their hands on? Not saying there is a right answer, but maybe we need some perspective before making comments advising to stay away from Turkey.

Right now Turkey is at High risk

According to FCO Terrorist groups, including Daesh and the Kurdistan Freedom Falcons, have publicly threatened to attack tourist sites in Turkey

Any members going there for HT should take extra care in public places – particularly those visited by foreigners. Be vigilant, follow the advice of local security authorities, monitor media reports and keep up to date

To date most attacks in Turkey have taken place in the south and east of the country and in Ankara and Istanbul.