Alan Bauman's response to my lack of results

runman

wow, that is a harsh response from a doctor. At least he has responded to you. It took weeks for him to ever respond to my initial concerns, he only responded after I posted my story in this forum and others, then he finally emailed me and called me but after I turned down his free FUE procedure and told him that I didn't believe he had my best interest in mind he never replied to me again.

Runman,

While I don't know much about your case, I'm happy to read your last update on the above linked report:

"I just want to say in fairness to myself and Alan Bauman. Im currently in negotiation with him through a mediator. I want very much that Bauman and I reach a compromise. Im not a hostile person and i would like to resolve this in a calm , mature manner. Im happy to say we are currently reaching out to each other. Later i will report the honest outcome of the negotiation."

Ultimately, I hope you two can come to a consensus on how to move forward in a fair and reasonable manner for everyone.

All the Best,

Bill

This guys a hack, I heard him on a radio debate about lasers, he was clearly being paid to promote the lasers, and I knew just from listening to him using all sorts of diversionary tactics to avoid answering any important questions about proof of the lasercombe working that he was a slippery inveterate liar, skilled in the arts of ***, as opposed to hair transplantation. What a *** icon_smile.gif

--------------------------------------

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Feller

Dr Feller Jan '09 2000 grafts

Dr Lorenzo Dec '15 2222 grafts

Runman, there are many patients that are extremely unhappy with the results they have received from some of the so called top docs. Most of them do not post for various reasons but they are out there and I have spoken to quite a few. This is one of the reasons it took me 10 years to start any type of repair and I decided to go to Dr. Bisanga in Brussels and I live here in the USA. In my opinion there wasn't anyone here in the USA that had the ethics or skill that I needed. I investigated most of the top repair and fue doctors and always saw a red flag here and there.

I was also lucky enough to win an offer of pro bono work because I am a repair patient. The offer had actually nothing to do with my choice but it did make getting started earlier much easier.

Talk to as many people in person and on the phone as possible and keep an eye open for any type of red flag when dealing with a clinic.

Bauman wanted to charge me for just a consultation, red flag. He uses some type of new unproven device for fue and charges more then experienced doctors that have skill and use proven methods, red flag.

I really don't like getting PM's from someone soliciting the NeoGraft and Dr. Bauman when neither of them are proven on this forum but frowned upon.

Here is an Private Message I received from "Desire Hair" a few days ago.

Ok here is what he wrote;

I am affiliated with NeoGraft. I am not often on this site however, I have been trying to address certain posts that have been posted on this forum in the past in order to correct misconceptions about NeoGraft and found yours. If you are still interested in finding out information about a NeoGraft FUE procedure in south Florida you can call Dr. Alan Bauman in Boca. He has done many NeoGraft procedures and did two live ones on the internet which were watched by thousands of people. If you do research the NeoGraft procedure I believe you will find it a very viable option.

Desirehair

Originally posted by runman:

I was so taken in by bauman. I did what i thought was good research on bauman after having a bad result with lawrence shapiro. I saw were bauman belong to all these medical boards. I saw him on dateline, TV, magazines etc.... so i thought he was good. I made a huge mistake by not meeting his patients. I made an even bigger mistake by going to him for 3 HT. I had actually decided to stop

posting about my experience with him until i saw the butcher job he did on K10 and decided i have an obligation to warn as many people as possible.

I also saw Dr. Bauman on a Dateline special, that is how I initially found out about him. He was also on CNN, CBS and other shows, not to mention he is all over youtube. He is recommended on all kinds of boards and even in a well known book.

If forums like this did not exist then other potential HT patients would never know how his clinic conducts themselves.

Originally posted by Rachmunas4life:

Here is an Private Message I received from "Desire Hair" a few days ago. I really don't like getting PM's from someone soliciting the NeoGraft and Dr. Bauman when neither of them are proven on this forum but frowned upon.

Ok here is what he wrote;

I am affiliated with NeoGraft. I am not often on this site however, I have been trying to address certain posts that have been posted on this forum in the past in order to correct misconceptions about NeoGraft and found yours. If you are still interested in finding out information about a NeoGraft FUE procedure in south Florida you can call Dr. Alan Bauman in Boca. He has done many NeoGraft procedures and did two live ones on the internet which were watched by thousands of people. If you do research the NeoGraft procedure I believe you will find it a very viable option.

Desirehair

I did have the NeoGraft FUE procedure and I was told the same thing, it is scarless etc... Since I joined this forum early this year I have looked up top FUE doctors and they don't charge anything close to what Bauman charged me for a FUE procedure and they don't use a machine. Make sure you do your research so you don't end up in the same situation I am in. Here is Dr. Baumans prices he sent in an email to me. This is the original email.

Hello Nate:

Thank you so much for the additional emails- I really appreciate you forwarding those to me. The FUE NEOGRAFT is priced a bit differently than a traditional linear harvest mainly because of all the additional benefits such as; no scar, no down-time, quicker healing process, no stitches to remove, etc. The 1st 500 grafts is $10,000 and each graft thereafter is $10. For ex: a 1000 graft session size would cost $15,000 . I hope this information helps and I look forward to following up in August.

Thank you and have a great weekend!

Tara Sikes

Patient Services Coordinator

Bauman Medical Group, P.A. - Boca Raton, Florida

Hair Restoration, Body Contouring & Facial Rejuvenation for Men & Women

I'm so glad that NeoGraft is using our community and private messaging system to try to promote their machine to patients. I've never seen any hair restoration related company/clinic try to promote a specific instrument to a patient driven community as hard as I've seen NeoGraft push their machine. Are they trying to get patients to believe that they should only go to physicians who use the NeoGraft machine? That's ridiculous.

This statement about the NeoGraft machine from Bauman Medical is extremely revealing:

"The FUE NEOGRAFT is priced a bit differently than a traditional linear harvest mainly because of all the additional benefits such as; no scar, no down-time, quicker healing process, no stitches to remove, etc. The 1st 500 grafts is $10,000 and each graft thereafter is $10. For ex: a 1000 graft session size would cost $15,000..."

First of all, I'm really getting tired of the "NO SCAR" propaganda clinics who perform FUE insist on touting. FUE is NOT a scarless procedure and the NeoGraft machine isn't a magical device that's better than any other innovative and refined FUE tool when used properly by a skilled physician. And since most physicians who provide FUE typically charge $10 or less per follicular unit, one has to ask - is the NeoGraft machine itself responsible for the extraordinary prices at clinics who use it?

FUE in general takes more time than strip, so I can understand and appreciate that FUE comes with a higher price tag. However, the NeoGraft machine itself is extremely expensive to purchase. I suspect therefore that physicians using it inflate their prices for patients in an attempt to make up for the ridiculously high price they had to pay for the machine.

In my opinion, $20 per follicular unit via FUE is ridiculously expensive. I suspect that only the rich and famous may consider paying $10,000 for 500 grafts - which is barely enough to refine hair loss at the temple region.

I'm honestly getting to the point that even the word "NeoGraft" gets on my nerves. It's already been way overhyped and I think they're getting way more publicity and recognition than they deserve.

NeoGraft is just one more extraction tool that may or may not be worthwhile. But if it's proven no better than other innovative FUE tools and only causes to inflate prices for patients, I'm strongly against it.

Bill

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by runman:

I was so taken in by bauman. I did what i thought was good research on bauman after having a bad result with lawrence shapiro. I saw were bauman belong to all these medical boards. I saw him on dateline, TV, magazines etc.... so i thought he was good. I made a huge mistake by not meeting his patients. I made an even bigger mistake by going to him for 3 HT. I had actually decided to stop posting about my experience with him until i saw the butcher job he did on K10 and decided i have an obligation to warn as many people as possible.

did you ever hear anything back or make any progress with Dr. Bauman.

labrat69, that is just absolutely terrible advice on your part. You're not in his shoes, and you don't know whether the things he has said or done would rise to the level of defamation. If it has, he could be looking at some serious financial penalties, not to mention court costs, attorney's fees, and the stress inherent in litigation.

runman, the only thing you should do at this point is speak to a licensed attorney about this entire situation. He or she can then advice you as to the best course of action. It will cost you some money, probably an hour or so of the attorney's time, but that's far cheaper than what it would cost if you are ever sued.

TC17,

Dude, did you see what Bauman did to the back of K10's head ?

If you were out in public and somebody kicked you in the face and then took a switchblade and sliced up the back of your head while you were knocked out, would you be worried too much about being sued ?

I am also a victim of Bauman.

The only reason he gets media exposure is because he has great Public Relations people not because he is a great Doctor. Do not believe everything you hear and see. They should do a story on all the people he has butchered.

• 1 year later...

I did talk to him personally, he is truly great but for strip only. For FUE he seems very naive. Also there is the best doctor in the world IMO and that is Dr Bernard Nusbaum but he also is great in strip, they have not done many FUEs and I would not have FUE with any doc who is not confident at it. In general there are many great docs with great success rate in strip but finding one for FUE seems to be a problem because FUE itself does not have 100% result ( as per my conversations with many docs).