A megasession is defined by many to be 2500+ follicular units. This 39-year old patient can be seen before and only six (6) months after his follicular unit transplantation (FUE) session with Dr. Wesley. Only 2499 grafts were transplanted during this single session. The patient can be seen before, during, and 6 months after his procedure.

very nice result, but 2500 grafts can hardly be called a mega-session in this day and age with the likes of Hasson & Wong performing that many in half a day. I would think anything in excess of 4,000 grafts be considered a mega-session.

Hi, Stig. I agree that sessions continue to grow (for better or for worse). Definitions, however, don't always evolve at the same rate. Surprisingly, the International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery (ISHRS) still defines a mega session on their site as over 2000 grafts!

7 Innovative Techniques in Hair Transplantation | International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery

First of all this is a great result. Congrads to you and the patients.

As for megasession I feel that anything over 4000 should be considered a megasession. I am sure that the majority of the doctors that are part of ISHRS would consider 2000 a megasessions. This website the standards are much higher and more difficult to be accepted. We need to base our standards amongst the best doctors where in my opinion 2500 is considered a small session.

I assist the Italians patients and 5000+ in one session is the average. I was there to assist a patient that received 9200 grafts and many that received over 7000. What do we call these sessions?

Regardless this is a great result!

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

First of all this is a great result. Congrads to you and the patients.

As for megasession I feel that anything over 4000 should be considered a megasession. I am sure that the majority of the doctors that are part of ISHRS would consider 2000 a megasessions. This website the standards are much higher and more difficult to be accepted. We need to base our standards amongst the best doctors where in my opinion 2500 is considered a small session.

I assist the Italians patients and 5000+ in one session is the average. I was there to assist a patient that received 9200 grafts and many that received over 7000. What do we call these sessions?

Regardless this is a great result!

The ISHRS has standards? I always thought as long as you pay your dues you get your badge.

• 2 weeks later...

One positive about the ISHRS is the Annual Scientific Meeting. It's well attended by hair restorations physicians form all throughout the world and really is the best platform in our field for sharing of ideas and advancement of techniques.

• 1 month later...

Donor and Recipient images taken during initial consultation.

Slide1.jpg

I have worked with 26 different hair restoration doctors throughout my career. I have now been a nurse with Dr. Wesley for more than a decade.

Dr. Carlos Wesley is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

1050 Fifth Avenue, New York, NY 10028

Ph (844) 745-6362

www.drcarloswesley.com

very nice result, but 2500 grafts can hardly be called a mega-session in this day and age with the likes of Hasson & Wong performing that many in half a day. I would think anything in excess of 4,000 grafts be considered a mega-session.

Definitely more grafts are better - if you need them. Look at this topic. There were 4000 grafts.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/184062-michael-vories-md-fue-4000-grafts.html

• 3 weeks later...

Pattern picture:

SD2499.jpg

I have worked with 26 different hair restoration doctors throughout my career. I have now been a nurse with Dr. Wesley for more than a decade.

Dr. Carlos Wesley is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

1050 Fifth Avenue, New York, NY 10028

Ph (844) 745-6362

www.drcarloswesley.com