Fut scars. What will become the scar?

So ive tried to find how scars look at 3-4 month and then compare them to 12 month.

Im at 3 month now and red line at the back of my head is pretty thick. Is the red line whats going to be my scar? Or will the red fade away and the white scar will be thinner?

Or is the red whats going to become the scar in the end?

Thx guys.

I've just hit the 4 month mark and the scar is undetectable , even after using clippers on a No.3 or 4 .

The red line is the incision line which will fade to white over time .

thx for you answer.

English is not my native language so little hard to explain wha i mean.

Do you mean that the red is going to turn white over time? Or will some of the red fade away and appear like normal skin? Because sometimes the red line can look pretty thick?

thx for you answer.

English is not my native language so little hard to explain wha i mean.

Do you mean that the red is going to turn white over time? Or will some of the red fade away and appear like normal skin? Because sometimes the red line can look pretty thick?

No problem .

Yes the red should fade and the skin will appear normal . The incision line will be a lighter colour , but this may be barely visible depending on the skill of the surgeon and also your own physiology - that is , how you heal .

You had a tricho closure , so your hair should grow through the majority of the incision area .

This is my scar at 3 month. I dont know it will get better than this or if the that is red now is going to just turn white and become my scar. In that case the scar will be pretty thick.

IMG_20160424_114239.thumb.jpg.38fc5448163afd1fe20e07e5ac215fc2.jpg

This is my scar at 3 month. I dont know it will get better than this or if the that is red now is going to just turn white and become my scar. In that case the scar will be pretty thick.

Your actual incision line is barely noticeable , even at this stage .

Don't worry about it and see how the hair grows in over the coming months .

Your actual incision line is barely noticeable , even at this stage .

Don't worry about it and see how the hair grows in over the coming months .

do you have any pics of your scar at 3 month?

Mosd,

I don't think the "redness" seen in the picture above represents what will become the final scar line. A few things are making it appear a bit larger at this point:

1) The redness extends beyond the incision line; this will calm down around the 6 month mark

2) The scar does contract down over the 12 months after the procedure

3) You likely still have some shock loss around the incision line which is making it more apparent

Should look really good when fully matured at 12 months.

Happy growing!

Dr. Blake Bloxham is recommended by the Hair Transplant Network.

Hair restoration physician - Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation

Previously "Future_HT_Doc" or "Blake_Bloxham" - forum co-moderator and editorial assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, Hair Restoration Network, Hair Loss Q&A blog, and Hair Loss Learning Center.

Click here to read my previous answers to hair loss and hair restoration questions, editorials, commentaries, and educational articles.

Now practicing hair transplant surgery with Coalition hair restoration physician Dr Alan Feller at our New York practice: Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation.

Please note: my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

I have to say, going into surgery, the incision and subsequent scarring was my single biggest fear and the only reason I was wavering between procedures. I was ill concerned with recovery time or the waiting game.

6 months later, the latter is super tough, and the scar turned out to be the biggest non-issue. Outside of some dissipating numbness, it feels great. Point being, every month that passes it will improve. You'll notice less sensation and tightness and the skin will re-shape.

At the four-month mark, you were still in the healing process. So the line you are seeing may not become the final scar. You might still be experiencing extended redness which makes the star appear in flames and you may even be experiencing shock loss around the scar which makes the scar appear whiter than it is. It would be difficult to tell in photos however, if you post pictures of the scar, especially close-up pictures we might be able to give some additional information. I suggest having somebody else like a friend take the pictures since it will be easier to focus.

Generally speaking however, you will most likely have to wait an entire year before you know what the final, mature scar looks like.

Best wishes,

Bill

Great example, Matt!

Demonstrates what I was trying to explain much clearer.

Dr. Blake Bloxham is recommended by the Hair Transplant Network.

Hair restoration physician - Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation

Previously "Future_HT_Doc" or "Blake_Bloxham" - forum co-moderator and editorial assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, Hair Restoration Network, Hair Loss Q&A blog, and Hair Loss Learning Center.

Click here to read my previous answers to hair loss and hair restoration questions, editorials, commentaries, and educational articles.

Now practicing hair transplant surgery with Coalition hair restoration physician Dr Alan Feller at our New York practice: Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation.

Please note: my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Mosd,

I don't think the "redness" seen in the picture above represents what will become the final scar line. A few things are making it appear a bit larger at this point:

1) The redness extends beyond the incision line; this will calm down around the 6 month mark

2) The scar does contract down over the 12 months after the procedure

3) You likely still have some shock loss around the incision line which is making it more apparent

Should look really good when fully matured at 12 months.

Happy growing!

Your words always make me calm.

It will be fine. This is mine from 3 to 12 months.

wow, your scar looks great!

Thanks for taking your time and answering :) When did you start working out after the HT?

Did some of you guys experience like bumps on the scar? I have some places on the scar that rise above the scar. Its like a pimple but a little harder. Been like this for about 1-2 months. Its getting a little better but very slowly. Does not feel like ingrown hairs?

How can you even tell since your hair is quite long in that area? It covers the scar anyway. I would think scar visibility would only be an issue if you want maybe a 1 guard or shorter?