How do i get Propecia and Rogaine

Since im pretty sure i am having a bit of thinning at the front of my hair were i part it i really think its time too get one of these.

Im 22 and heard you need too stay on these forever. That is not a problem!!

Should i get on with it now and get one of these or both?

I know definely get Propecia but how do i get it do i need a prescription for it? Im australian do we even have it over here lol?

Research the drug first, then make a choice if you want to use it, because there are some side effects that effect certain people who take the drug. If you decide to go on it, then you could prob go to your doctors or trichologist and they can write you a private prescription!

Try Amazon.com, or any online pharmacy.

Proscar is cheaper than propecia. It comes in 5mg tablets so you have to cut into 5 pieces with scissors, a razor blade, or a knife.

And yes, you have to use the rest of your life.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Wong

715 grafts at Bosley, 2004

3238 grafts by Dr.True, Mar 2008

3393 grafts by Dr. Wong, Jul 2009

http://www.pharmacyonline.com....y-boxes-p-11326.html

should i get that instead or rogaine?????

rogaine is soo much more expensive and both Proscar and propecia are really expensive geez.

Im on healthcare though would they be cheaper?

So Minoxidili and proscar yeh? thats all i need and same effective as propecia/rogaine combo?

ok i can get Finasteride $70 aus which is 5mg 30s.

so that would last 5 months?

so Finasteride and Minoxidi?

are they exactly the same i need too knowicon_frown.gif

Finasteride

I heard it could stop working after 10 years or so?

Hmmm dunno if i should start it now but id rather start it now before i actually lose heaps of hair or it becomes noticable.

I mean if my hair is ok for about another 10 years there will probably be new treatments.

I would start with Minox or Finasteride by itself first. Otherwise, how do you know which one is doing the work? I had Finasteride for about a year before I tried Minox. When I tried Minox, the skin on my ears were drying up since they had an allergic reaction to it. But I'd start with Fin if I were you.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

• 3 weeks later...

Ok guys i went docs today and he said Proscar and fin are for the prostat and he only would give me a prescription for propciaicon_frown.gif

its $80 aus a month he said other 2 are nearly double the price.

Ffs guys what do i do now?????????????????

thought they were the same?????????????

plz help

Hey Micky

I live in the United States, and due to laws governing the drug industry here Doctors are not allowed to prescribe Proscar for hair loss, (At least thats the case for me in Cali). I had to get my prescription from Canada, and they will mail it in.

It is because the drugs were intended for Prostate Cancer when they noticed it stopped hair loss as well. Thus they had a gold mine on their hands, cut the MG and jacked up the price. Most western countries have laws in place to protect these drug company, thus it is unlawful to prescribe proscar for hairloss. If you are truly interested in getting Proscar to save the money you will need to do what I did, and get it shipped from somewhere like Canada.

Propecia (1mg once a day cost in California about 60$ a month. (60$--30 doses/container)

Proscar (5mg, 1qtr 3 days a week) cost from Vancouver BC less than 10$ a month. ($70--30*4=120 doses/container)

I would imagine that most Dr's would be reluctant to prescribe proscar or similar instead of propecia, reason being because it is not licensed for hairloss. Therefore the Doc has to take reponsibility for it, which most aren't wiling to do.

Get a private prescription from your Dr for propecia and pay it. Don't buy drugs online, you don't know what you are getting!

Propecia since July 2008

2201 Grafts with Dr Lorenzo on 19.10.22 - See my write up here: