7 month update in harsh lighting. 2000 FUE

Hey friends,

2000 FUE to lower hair line apporox 2 cm and fill in receding corners to the hairline.

(the pictures with the black border are the before, the other 3 are 7 months after)

I chose the harshest lighting possible (the dreaded bathroom mirror with the lights on).

With a little concealer & the right hairstyle, I can make this look fairly full. But I wanted to get an honest opinion from the guys here. The surgeon in not listed on this site, but is a fully accredited American Hair Loss Restoration Surgeon (Dr. James Slusher). Seems to have a few positive past experiences on here from my search. His practice he is a part of (The Bassin Center), certainly had plenty positive on the internet and even a few interviews on FOX and other major news networks. Nothing bad that I could find via google, and nothing bad on the BBB. Met with a few previous patients of his and everything seemed to check out.

I'm only 7 months in, I know this is early. I've been told I'm having decent progress. Nothing super fast but nothing super slow I guess. Google is so full of people who are way past where I am at 7 months. I know I'm probably being impatient, but does this look normal? The corner are obviously very weak. Some areas, just a little thickening of the hairs would be fine, but there are large gaps in the corners with no hair grown out yet. It worries me that I haven't seen many hairs there break the surface with a fine velluos hair that will eventually thicken and color up. Could there really be a signifixant amount of hairs waiting to break the surface? I'm under the impression it works in spurts, and that another should come near 9-10 months. Is this really true?

Any input from knowledgeable, experienced hair transplant patients is appreciated.

IMG_6563.jpg.93a01af356188e6fa0c1e6f971f1c815.jpg

IMG_6551.jpg.6b5d4c473f5565f6c64ef2627ab3430f.jpg

IMG_6564.jpg.5c28514976dd40cf868eb28d211f8af5.jpg

IMG_6553.jpg.42f7bbf2f455c4e1a16ee8ef751f26ce.jpg

IMG_6552.jpg.e891d20d41c8d59209b5e316ecfb31a6.jpg

in this day and age, you would think people would be able to take good pictures with the type of phones that are out there now... sorry to sound like a dick, but it just surprises me the amount of poor quality pics are posted on this site.

Bottom line are you happy with your progress at 7mths as there is still time to have more growth.

From what I can see & like other's have said poor pictures but looks to me your coming along just fine.

Again it maybe best to post clearer pictures.

*feels like newb*

My doc took some good ones with a real camera. I'll have them email it over & post tomorrow. Thanks to the ppl who weren't dicks about my poor cameramanship (here's looking at you spidey)

Do you have an iphone? Should be able to snap a bunch of different shots under different lights. If anything I find my phone camera to produce more harsh settings which is good under the circumstances.

7 months is still relatively early. Check out some of spex's reads on growth time and patience. Im just over 6 and scrutinizing hard too.

Aside from better photos, you need to post pre-op photos. How can anyone judge progress without them?

Comparing with pre-op, you may have a fantastic result, or a very poor result. No conclusion can be drawn by anyone on this site without pre-op photos.

Looks about right to me for 7 months. You seem to have fairly fine hair.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Letitgrow,

From the photos you provided, I would say you are having excellent growth however, it would be helpful if you talk better quality photos and photo showing areas angles of the scalp. But as far as I can tell, everything looks like it's growing in very well.

Best wishes,

Bill