Dr. Simon Irwin Las Vegas Valley Hair Restoration

Riverside, you've been here before bud. You know the importance of choosing the right doc. You've got countless reviews on some of the best surgeons in the world on this fourm, most of the which you already know.

Why the wild chase to find out more about a complete unknown?

First, I am looking for a quality site to have the work done. There are many good places listed here but there are sooo many more out there. Are the other %99 really bad?

Second, I need someone accessible to me. I live in WY and have easy and cheap flights to Las Vegas.

Third, I am looking for an affordable option. This clinic accepts care credit which can finance the procedure.

I have spent a lot of time researching as you have suggested and am continuing on my quest.

I would love to get in with Dr. Nader in MX but he has no financing options available, flights are expensive and I really need somewhere with that option at this point. I have been wanting this for years now and I don't see myself falling into a pile of money any time soon.

Even with all of the good doctors listed on this site, there are surprisingly few nearby to me. There are a few in CO and AZ that I am looking at as well but it's not like thats near by for me.

• Administrators

In my opinion your focusing on the wrong things A) location B) price.

What you should be focusing on is results. Judging by your avatar you seem Norwood 6 possibly 7. You need a doctor with a track record to work advanced cases. Shopping for local and affordable is a recipe to be botched. I think you should save some money and go to a world class clinic like Hasson and Wong who are not far from Wyoming and reasonably affordable with the USD and CAD exchange rate. Most importantly they have a record of working on advanced hair loss and have an impressive track record. Also neograft is synonymous with poor growth and damaged donor.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

In my opinion your focusing on the wrong things A) location B) price.

What you should be focusing on is results. Judging by your avatar you seem Norwood 6 possibly 7. You need a doctor with a track record to work advanced cases. Shopping for local and affordable is a recipe to be botched. I think you should save some money and go to a world class clinic like Hasson and Wong who are not far from Wyoming and reasonably affordable with the USD and CAD exchange rate. Most importantly they have a record of working on advanced hair loss and have an impressive track record. Also neograft is synonymous with poor growth and damaged donor.

H&W quote in US dollars, so there is no CA$ benefit, but agree that they would be the perfect clinic to start with.

Thanks for the suggestion, that is not a clinic I had looked into before. Unfortunately at $8 a graft, that just isn't realistic for me.

I have been told in consults that I am a Norwood 4-5. Balding to this point has been a long prossess and I would like the reversal to be a natural transition as well. I am looking for about 2000 grafts now and if things go well I will likely get another 1500 or so years down the road. Also, I don't have the goal of ever having %100 of my hair back, I am fine with some recession as I go into middle age, I just don't want to be bald anymore!

From what I've seen with the Artas FUE, I can't help but think this technology has to be getting cheaper soon, the thing looks so efficient and I especially love the mapping feature. I waited for years for my lasik and I paid a fraction of what I would have even five years earlier. Maybe this technology will follow a similar pattern but I would really like to do something now as I've already waited more than a decade to do this.

Thanks for the suggestion, that is not a clinic I had looked into before. Unfortunately at $8 a graft, that just isn't realistic for me.

I have been told in consults that I am a Norwood 4-5. Balding to this point has been a long prossess and I would like the reversal to be a natural transition as well. I am looking for about 2000 grafts now and if things go well I will likely get another 1500 or so years down the road. Also, I don't have the goal of ever having %100 of my hair back, I am fine with some recession as I go into middle age, I just don't want to be bald anymore!

From what I've seen with the Artas FUE, I can't help but think this technology has to be getting cheaper soon, the thing looks so efficient and I especially love the mapping feature. I waited for years for my lasik and I paid a fraction of what I would have even five years earlier. Maybe this technology will follow a similar pattern but I would really like to do something now as I've already waited more than a decade to do this.

There is some talk the past year I've seen that robotic has made a lot of advances in past 18+ months vs what it was say 4-5 years ago. As with all things technology it will improve over time. That said we don't see many of those results on the forums so it's difficult to form an opinion.

More broadly speaking you are not a NW4. You are either a 5 or 6. More important than what you are at this moment is you are headed to a 6 in time. So plan around that.

You seem married to FUE but I'd strongly consider the FUT for both cost and for the amount of grafts you are going to need in your lifetime. FUE is very expensive esp in the US. If you insist on staying local you avoid the clinics in Europe that provide FUE at much better pricing than USA. But I think over life you are going to want 5000+ grafts from what I can see in your profile photo and it's difficult to get that many out of FUE as you are pushing the boundaries of where its safe to pull donor hair. Not impossible but difficult.

I believe Arocha is in Texas and is recommended here - dont know about his costs but I imagine flights to TX from ID might be reasonable. Maybe one to investigate if you insist on FUE.

Jan 2016 - 3800 graft FUT with Dr. Konior

NW 5A to 6.

Docs whose results I am most consistently impressed with: Konior, Cooley (FUT), Hasson (FUT), Diep (FUE) (yeah I like the zig zag).

• Administrators

If that's you in your avatar you're a Norwood 6, you may have a little hair on top but the pattern is there. Additionally, Artas, neograft and any robotic FUE is simply not the way to go, the results are not consistent and they've been shown to ruin donor areas. I truly think FUT is the way to go for you, not only is it affordable but you get the most grafts at the cheapest price. If you're going to get FUE the best surgeons are in Europe and the good surgeons here charge $7-8 a graft. Remember riverside this is your head were talking about, it's not like buying a car or appliance, what you choose to do will impact how others perceive you and how you perceive yourself for the rest of your life. To be frank and honest, artas and neograft are typically used by surgeons with no FUE experience and most of the time no hair restoration experience, any plastic surgeon can buy the machine and claim they do "hair" now.

So many things goes in to hair you may not be aware of, in order for a result to appear natural the doctor needs to know how a hair follicle is grown in the scalp, placement of grafts the exact angle needs to be known to mirror nature, you simply don't just dump grafts on a head. The density and growth depends on the surgical skill, the extraction needs to be adjusted to each follicular unit which many time changes direction with each extraction, the care after the graft has been extracted is extremely important also, a dedicated experienced team is necessary to carry the procedure out, from the extraction, removal and placement of the grafts.

Sure you can go to any fly by night aesthetic spa that does electrolysis, liposuction and also neograft, but trust me when I say this youre gambling with your head. If you don't see any reviews for a doctor red flag that's where these forums and YouTube are crucial. H&W charge $5 a graft for the first 2000 grafts and $3 a graft after, that's pretty damn affordable considering you need at least 3,000 to frame your face and light coverage in the midscalp to make a significant impact, 1,500 is not going to look good.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

2000 grafts will not cut it. You should be thinking around 5000 grafts. I was in the same boat as you in regards to price. I didn't want to skimp on quality but I wanted affordable so I booked a flight to Erdogan in Turkey. I also got a loan from my bank to pay for the procedure. I had 2800 alone just packed into my temples. Erdogan and Demirsoy seem like great docs for large FUE procedures. If you want the best and are willing to pay, go Lorenzo. Flights can be had for deals if you buy months in advance. Plan this out. Don't do anything in haste. If you want the best, go only to the best and you have to up your graft expectations for your loss. 2000 is just not enough. If you want FUT, stay in the US or Canada. If you want the best FUE at a decent price point, look Belgium, Spain, and Turkey.

I wanted affordable so I booked a flight to Erdogan in Turkey. I also got a loan from my bank to pay for the procedure. I.

Just curious, How do you go about getting a loan for a HT ? What type of loan would it be classified as ?

I would think the loan would be disapproved ( since they can't reprocess your hair ) even if you have squeaky clean credit...Unless you just told them it was for something else.

H&W charge $5 a graft for the first 2000 grafts and $3 a graft after, that's pretty damn affordable considering you need at least 3,000 to frame your face and light coverage in the midscalp to make a significant impact, 1,500 is not going to look good.

That is a great price!

I looked at the site and it said $8. Is there a secret password or something for that rate?

"You seem married to FUE but I'd strongly consider the FUT for both cost and for the amount of grafts you are going to need in your lifetime. FUE is very expensive esp in the US. If you insist on staying local you avoid the clinics in Europe that provide FUE at much better pricing than USA. But I think over life you are going to want 5000+ grafts from what I can see in your profile photo and it's difficult to get that many out of FUE as you are pushing the boundaries of where its safe to pull donor hair. Not impossible but difficult."

I am not totally decided on FUE but here is my reasoning for leaning that way:

I wear my hair short and don't want a visible scar.

Of the botch jobs I've seen, half have bee scars on the back of the head.

I don't foresee myself ever wanting more than around 4000 total grafts.

I would like to reduce healing time so I can go back to work without a big scar across the back of my head.

On the FUT side, it is more affordable and it can utilize more grafts in the end.

Edited by riverside
add quotes

• Administrators
H&W charge $5 a graft for the first 2000 grafts and $3 a graft after, that's pretty damn affordable considering you need at least 3,000 to frame your face and light coverage in the midscalp to make a significant impact, 1,500 is not going to look good.

That is a great price!

I looked at the site and it said $8. Is there a secret password or something for that rate?

The price is for FUT, I don't think FUE is wise in your case, you need all the grafts you can get at the most affordable price, it would make sense to choose FUT, I'm not sure if you've researched FUE sufficiently, as others have said the best surgeons are in Europe and the good ones in the states are expensive, so that really only leaves you one choice FUT. Unless, you wanna gamble with one of these never heard of clinics I wouldn't but the choice is yours.

https://hassonandwong.com/hair-transplant-surgery/hair-transplant-cost/

View my thread

Well it looks like you won't be seeing any more of my posts inquiring about sketchy clinics.

I was on the shortlist for Dr. Sharon Keene in Arizona and they contacted me about a date later this month that lines up perfectly for me. She is giving me a very generous rate for last minute scheduling and financing is available.

From everything I can see, she is top notch and I am damn lucky to be in this situation. I had to take advantage and book it.

We will see soon enough!