Day 1 FUT in Raleigh NC

Had my FUT done today at Jernigan's, by Dr. Koher. 2000 grafts. Procedure began around 10:00 am, I was out the door at 4:30 pm. Head is still numb at the top. I am beginning to feel the incision in the back.

20160304_075357_resized.jpg.9039589ba95f1f45678eabdacd11e8a5.jpg

20160304_185028_resized.thumb.jpg.595ad94bc5438180e08056de546b5ba4.jpg

Congratulations on your recent hair transplant! I hope you'll keep us updated on your progress.

Best of luck!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Day 7 of FUT. It has been a long week. Back of the head is sore from the back of the ears all the way around where the incision was made. You cannot see the incision. Scalp is itchy and sore. Tonight I have little hairs everywhere. How exciting! Went back to work on day 5 and you could see the red dots on the scalp and redness. A few noticed something but never inquired. I have not told anyone about the procedure and was planning on saying I had an allergic reaction! HA!. The second picture attached shows the top view after a week.

VMQs8aX.jpgUIycJdu.jpg

Edited by ruttrowg
TYPO!

Day 7 of FUT. It has been a long week.Tonight I have little hairs everywhere. How exciting

Embrace them while you can. Because in about a week you will start to hear tiny little kerplunks all over the place. :cool:

Then they get all belligerent and decide to go on vacation for a few months.

Jan 2016 - 3800 graft FUT with Dr. Konior

NW 5A to 6.

Docs whose results I am most consistently impressed with: Konior, Cooley (FUT), Hasson (FUT), Diep (FUE) (yeah I like the zig zag).

Thanks for the photo documentation. You have a lot to look forward to....beginning around month four or so.

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

• 3 weeks later...

Most of the hair that popped up is gone, as expected. The skin around the transplant has a red tint still. I did not get a fabulous hair cut though. I went to Great Clips, and told them to keep the area around the ears and back area thick enough to hide the scar tissue. I was a bit shocked to see the line around the back of my ears where there was no hair. I will start going to an experienced barber from now on. I began using the foam based generic Rogaine too. The only other thing to report at 1 month is my impatience to have a thick top of hair!

11urjf.jpg.7af0e75c7f99af0b59cfa54493147e6c.jpg

The results seem good for the conservative approach. You are fortunate to have a crown that seems to be stable. You might want to look at some non-surgical treatment. Thanks for sharing.

My opinions are my own. I am one representative of MyWHTC Clinic's European branch.

Consultation Dates & Cities for Dr. Patrick Mwamba

London, United Kingdom - Available (Sat.)

Zurich, Switzerland - Available (Saturday)

Bologna, Italy - Available (Saturday)

Brussles, Belgium - Available (Sun.-Sat.) *No Fee*

Dr. Patrick Mwamba is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks, Ruttrowg. How many FUT grafts? Also, would you happen to know the distribution of hairs per individual FUT graft?

My opinions are my own. I am one representative of MyWHTC Clinic's European branch.

Consultation Dates & Cities for Dr. Patrick Mwamba

London, United Kingdom - Available (Sat.)

Zurich, Switzerland - Available (Saturday)

Bologna, Italy - Available (Saturday)

Brussles, Belgium - Available (Sun.-Sat.) *No Fee*

Dr. Patrick Mwamba is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

• 2 weeks later...
Cooley I hear is a top notch. But I have to ask 2000 light fine grafts over your whole top seems like it won't be to dense. I assume you have plans for another procedure for density ?

Cooley is top notch but the op did not go with him. He lists a Dr Koher in his opening thread. Best wishes to the op on your results.

• 3 weeks later...

I am seeing new hair which is darker forming in the transplant area. We went to the beach and took some pics. With the wind blowing you could see the new perimeter of hair growth.

poRci7V.jpg

itKdg0D.jpg

• 2 months later...

Hair is looking fuller. Of course I am wearing it longer it hides the spots better than keeping it short. But there is a noticeable difference at this stage. The hair started growing in the frontal region first. Hard to tell how much is growing on the top, which is where I really need it.

5months.jpg.17b315e646ba9369d6c6659ab641b5c3.jpg