James Spader from 34 to 54

Spanker

He is a really good example of later hair loss and what can happen. Here he is around 33/34 and again at 53/54.

I doubt he was on finasteride.

Wolf-1994.thumb.jpg.dd7a05b53a2f9e0e6802209bc1d5cb11.jpg

tdy_klg_spader_130923.thumb.jpg.ff4e1a1bcd0a5734cf8ce1843c22a0c9.jpg

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

That's quite a change. Really makes you question the question of when a persons level of hairloss considered stable. From mid 30's to mid 50's, tge loss is drastic. Do you think he couldve been wearing a wig even in his 30s or this is pure loss?

I'm fairly certain that's his natural hair.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

He still has a very boyish face. He's look years younger if he hadn't lost his hair but you don't get the impression from him that he's the least bit affected by his hair loss. Great actor!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

• Administrators

It's not that bad socially 100x more acceptable to be bald in your 50's than bald in your 20's, does it still suck, yea I'm sure it does, but in his age range most men are experiencing some form of hairloss anyways.

Matt Lauer is another example of someone who went bald in his 50's, as someone who went bald in his 20's I'll switch places with those guys any day. If my transplants should fail at age 50 I'll proudly rock a Matt lauer hair style.

Fss4087.jpg

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Below is a link to an interview conducted when he was 30. His hair looks thicker in the pic of him when he was 34 than it does in the interview, suggesting that he was either: 1. On fin or 2. Using a product in the 34 y/o pic. Regardless, to the trained eye it's still clear that he was thinning @ 34, even though it didn't matter because his hair characteristics were excellent. It's less detectable in the pic Spanker posted, but other pics do bear it out (while still looking thicker than him @ 30 in my opinion).

Watch Entertainment Tonight: Flashback: 30-Year-Old James Spader and His Head Full of Hair Online | Hulu

Edited by giantanddwarf

Below is a link to an interview conducted when he was 30. His hair looks thicker in the pic of him when he was 34 than it does in the interview, suggesting that he was either: 1. On fin or 2. Using a product in the 34 y/o pic. Regardless, to the trained eye it's still clear that he was thinning @ 34, even though it didn't matter because his hair characteristics were excellent. It's less detectable in the pic Spanker posted, but other pics do bear it out (while still looking thicker than him @ 30 in my opinion).

Watch Entertainment Tonight: Flashback: 30-Year-Old James Spader and His Head Full of Hair Online | Hulu

It doesn't look thin at all to me in that video.

View Spanker's Website

Really? To me there's obvious right temple thinning and a less than full forelock. Can't see the left temple b/c of combover, but I would assume it was similar to the right temple, as is roughly the case, usually. In the shots from movies that intersperse the video, it doesn't look thin at all. But I would assume that's due to whatever hair products he had in while filming (or maybe he was just younger in some of them). He did have a great looking head of hair that for relevant purposes was "full". But NW zero or merely non-MPB "maturation"? Don't think so. In my opinion he was experiencing MPB then.

Edited by giantanddwarf