Need help with masking shaved donor area...

PSB1013

Hello,

First time poster here. I just had 2500 graft FUE procedure. I've been wearing a hairpiece before the HT, but now I realize the back hair from my hairpiece isn't long enough to cover up the shaved donor area. :( Unfortunately, it'll take at least 4 months to order a custom hairpiece and I don't know what to do. I have to go to work in a few days and I can't walk around looking like this. Any ideas? Would keratin hair fibers be adequate in covering up the donor area?

Any photos? Maybe you can adapt a new hairstyle by going to a professional hair stylist. If you are not in the public eye, have your doctor write a note for work.

My opinions are my own. I am one representative of MyWHTC Clinic's European branch.

Consultation Dates & Cities for Dr. Patrick Mwamba

London, United Kingdom - Available (Sat.)

Zurich, Switzerland - Available (Saturday)

Bologna, Italy - Available (Saturday)

Brussles, Belgium - Available (Sun.-Sat.) *No Fee*

Dr. Patrick Mwamba is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

You might want to check out some of the hair products which actually look very good and thicken areas or cover bald spots. There are some interesting YouTube videos. One popular brand is called Caboki Hair Loss Concealer (see YouTube). Check it out, it may be just what you need.

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey man - I'm just curious as to what solution you found that worked for you? This is an issue for a lot of guys, so if you found something that did the trick, I'd love to know what it was.

Hope you're healing well!

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

Hello,

First time poster here. I just had 2500 graft FUE procedure. I've been wearing a hairpiece before the HT, but now I realize the back hair from my hairpiece isn't long enough to cover up the shaved donor area. :( Unfortunately, it'll take at least 4 months to order a custom hairpiece and I don't know what to do. I have to go to work in a few days and I can't walk around looking like this. Any ideas? Would keratin hair fibers be adequate in covering up the donor area?

The fibers and the sprays may cause a problem. You should not use them this close to your surgery. Even your hair piece may cause a problem with the growth of the new grafts. Try a tight haircut with a stylist who is good at what they do.