Body hair transplants

Hello, my hair is more like my leg hair and arm hair rather than beard hair. Are there any reputable doctors apart from Dr Umar that perform body hair transplants from leg hair and arm hair please? I will travel to America and see Umar if I have to but live in Europe so it's quite far. All replies are appreciated. Thank you.

• Administrators

Dr. Bisanga does some body hair, there's Dr. Bhatti in India, Dr. Umar has the best track record for BHT, I don't think there's any doctor around that has been doing BHT for as long as he has, in my opinion if I were to do body hair alone, I'd probably go to umar. Typically though leg hair and arm hair don't grow as good, the best hair to transplant is beard and chest, studies show they grow the best.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

HTsoon has given you good advice. Here is an article from Dr. Bhatti's rep on the topic.

The Best Source of Donor Hair for Body Hair Transplant Surgery (BHT)

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Hello, my hair is more like my leg hair and arm hair rather than beard hair. Are there any reputable doctors apart from Dr Umar that perform body hair transplants from leg hair and arm hair please? I will travel to America and see Umar if I have to but live in Europe so it's quite far. All replies are appreciated. Thank you.

I would strongly advise you NOT to go to Dr. Umar. I can't PM you with details, perhaps you have a throw away email account where I can contact you. Meanwhile check out this thread. I wish I would have read it before.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/172140-my-hair-transplant-dr-umar.html

• 1 month later...
I would strongly advise you NOT to go to Dr. Umar. I can't PM you with details, perhaps you have a throw away email account where I can contact you. Meanwhile check out this thread. I wish I would have read it before.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/172140-my-hair-transplant-dr-umar.html

As far as I'm aware this patient has not posted pictures. In any case do you or others on this forum know any hair transplant surgeon apart from Umar that extracts leg hair? My beard and chest hair is considerably thicker than my scalp hair.

Also despite the difference in diameter could beard hair be ok in the crown?

Thanks

• Moderators

If your beard and chest hair are both rather thick then why be so concerned about leg hair? Just use the beard and chest hair as those areas are both better than leg hair for transplanting.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

I'm concerned because the chest and beard hair is a lot thicker than my scalp hair whereas leg hair looks similar to my scalp hair in characteristics.

I had similar concerns,my upper back hair is more like my scalp, but I am glad I went for beard hair, it has come out really nice!!!, you can check out my profile and my thread below.

My Thread: 

The only doctor that I know of who can actually get you results (i.e., growth) from arm hair or leg hair is Dr. Umar. There are other doctors performing non-scalp HT's who would be willing to use arm hair or leg hair, but they have not documented any successes doing so.

It's a real gamble to rely on your leg hair and arm hair, their growth rates are notoriously inconsistent. If anyone can do it competently (meaning using other sources to give you coverage and a natural looking result) than Dr. Umar is your best option, by far.

If you lived in Europe (or closer to Europe than the U.S.) then I might suggest Dr. Bisanga, but if you are intent on using something other than beard hair, you should only see Dr. Umar.

BTW, I have had 5000 beard grafts added to my scalp by Dr. Umar, and it proved to be a lifesaver for my appearance. I'm very happy with how it turned out.

The only doctor that I know of who can actually get you results (i.e., growth) from arm hair or leg hair is Dr. Umar. There are other doctors performing non-scalp HT's who would be willing to use arm hair or leg hair, but they have not documented any successes doing so.

It's a real gamble to rely on your leg hair and arm hair, their growth rates are notoriously inconsistent. If anyone can do it competently (meaning using other sources to give you coverage and a natural looking result) than Dr. Umar is your best option, by far.

If you lived in Europe (or closer to Europe than the U.S.) then I might suggest Dr. Bisanga, but if you are intent on using something other than beard hair, you should only see Dr. Umar.

BTW, I have had 5000 beard grafts added to my scalp by Dr. Umar, and it proved to be a lifesaver for my appearance. I'm very happy with how it turned out.

5000 Beard Grafts?! Is that even possible?! Insane amount. How did the donor cope afterwards? I', very interested in BHT but my issue is that I am extremely blonde but with dark black chest hair and a ginger beard....Bloody Rainbow human, I know. I wonder how that would work out were I to try and transplant it....

Very few of the FUE docs are able to do body hair extractions.

I think Dr Umar may have more results on the web showing long term growth of beard and other types of body hairs. Dr Bisanga does these types of surgeries too i think.

Again, some other docs are trying to attempt it, but they do not have that adequate yield with such sources of hair or not that successful. A lot of docs put down these sources since it takes longer type to extract such hairs and other risks involved. It is doable, but only in the hands of the very very few who do FUE.