Round Two with Dr. Cooley

KeithJagger

That is going to be one killer hairline! Look forward to your updates.

I am an online representative for Farjo Hair Institute

Dr. Bessam Farjo is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions shared are my own.

I am eleven days out from my procedure. I have to say that I am a little sore at the both donor and recipient site. It is not by any means unbearable, but there is definitely some tenderness. Nothing looks red or infected and I suspect this is just part of the process. A little Tylenol solves the problem. But aside from the soreness, everything looks to be healing just fine. Tomorrow I have to go into the office, which I don't suspect will be a problem. I haven't worn a hat now for a few days and have been going out and public and I don't believe anyone can notice. So all and all, so far so good.

Day 7 for me! Looking forward to washing my whole head. Still spraying but stopped the Saran Wrap yesterday. Your donor isn't sore any longer? Mine is still pretty tender, especially when sleeping at night because I'm basically laying on the sutures. Overall though my recipient area looks good....very little redness left.

Glad to hear you're healing well with no issues once again. Your photos look great.

Hi Mia45,

I know your post is a week old but I felt the need to chime in. Donor are tenderness will vary from patient to patient but by this time the majority of the tenderness should be gone. There will be some residual tenderness but shortly this will subside. If you have any questions whatsoever you are welcome to call the clinic. It doesn't matter how long after your surgery you have a question, we are here for you.

KeithJagger,

Thank you for your updates. You're a source of great information as every patient that shares is also educating.

I represent Dr. Jerry Cooley online. All opinions are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Dr. Cooley. I am not a doctor.

Learn more about Jerry Cooley MD and Hair Center in Charlotte, NC

For complimentary consultations with one of the leading hair transplant doctors worldwide please contact us here.

Hair Transplant Consultation With Jerry Cooley MD at HairCenter.com

Hi Mia45,

I know your post is a week old but I felt the need to chime in. Donor are tenderness will vary from patient to patient but by this time the majority of the tenderness should be gone. There will be some residual tenderness but shortly this will subside. If you have any questions whatsoever you are welcome to call the clinic. It doesn't matter how long after your surgery you have a question, we are here for you.

KeithJagger,

Thank you for your updates. You're a source of great information as every patient that shares is also educating.

Thanks for your reply. My donor area is much better now. As you stated, everyone heals at different rates. Dr. Cooley has been wonderful in responding to any inquiries I've had regarding the healing process. I'm glad I've chosen a caring and responsive clinic.

@losingmyhair123 Do it man! I am glad I did.

No noticeable shedding at all of the transplanted hairs. I believe I shed worse last time than I did this time. Although, even that wasn't very bad at all and the shed hairs all eventually grew back.

I won't go so far as to say that shedding isn't a real phenomenon, but I wonder how much of it was in my head (the first time) versus how much I really experienced "shedding." It might have been a combination of the two; meaning that I actually shed very little but because I was so focused on my hair I thought the problem was greater than it was. But who knows, I'm not a doctor.

But back to my original point, if there was any shedding this time, I have not noticed it at all. So far it has been a really easy healing process.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Evening Guys,

I just had my first procedure with Dr. Cooley on 12/8/15 and he really is in my opinion one of the elites in hair transplantation. It was my first procedure and I left my sutures in for 3 weeks. Figured why not! I am 3 almost 4 months post op and have a lot of small hairs coming in from the transplant already. I believe according to a lot of folks and their timeline I am on the faster end of the hair growth timeline. I can honestly say I did ALOT of research and then I just JUMPED and did the procedure with Cooley! You gotta take action and use this forum as a great wealth of knowledge. My healing process was fast in the donor area. I still have a very thin slightly red line that is improving every week and will soon likely not be noticeable at all. Most folks say 6-8 months for the red in the scar area to go away.

Good luck in your procedure!

• 4 months later...

Any update on the 2nd HT? Would be awesome to see some 6 month results/pics

3185 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 2/17/16

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/182611-fut-3185-dr-rahal-day-after-pics.html

1204 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 3/27/17

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/186586-round-2-rahal-1204-fut-frontal-third-same-area.html

---> total of 4389 grafts to my frontal third via FUT

---> 1mg finasteride daily since 1999:)

• 1 year later...

Just received a message that made me realize that I have not updated this thread in quite awhile (more than a year). Selfishly, now that I no longer think about hairless, I sort of forgot about this site. It was by far the most valuable asset in helping me make this decision. Those of us with positive outcomes owe it to pay it back to help others. So here is my final post. I am not going to post anymore, but PLEASE send me your messages and I will be happy to help you.

After my two procedures with Dr. Cooley, I can say without any BS that it was one of the best decisions of my entire life. I mean that. Hairless sucks. You spend way too much time thinking about it, when you should be spending that time just enjoying life. I was in my early thirties when this journey started. I was tired of hats, of wind, of waking up at my girlfriends house and not wanting to just hang out on the couch without a hat. It was time consuming. At work, when I should have been working, I would be looking up HT results (not that this was a bad thing). These days I don't think about my hair at all. Not at the beach, not under harsh lighting. Now I can be like a normal American and just worry about how I am getting fat.

After my first HT I thought the results made it look like I did not have any hair loss at all. It went so well, that I decided to have a second one. Not because I felt I needed to, but because I was like holy shit that turned out so well why not.

After my second hair transplant, I genuinely feel like I have great hair. Not great hair for a hair transplant patient, but just great hair. Now, maybe others might disagree, but I think it looks awesome and that is all that matters. I wish I had hair this good when I was in college.

I paid around 20,000 for both procedures. I mean this when I say it: I would have paid double that. Seriously, if nothing else than for just the time I no longer spend worrying about hair.

This is going to sound completely and totally cliche/ridiculous. But I got both procedures done while I was with my girlfriend...I never told her about them. I am now fortunate enough to be married to her. For the last year, she kept telling me she loved the new barber I was going to. We moved to a different state and the week before we got married she told me that I was to drive 4 hours to the "barber" I had been going to for the last year, because while she liked me when we first started dating I had the "dumbest haircut ever." Ha, I go to Greatclips and spend 15 dollars on a haircut. I just had stupid thinning hair that I tried to style and it did look dumb.

Anyway, I guess I am just rambling now. But seriously, I want to thank Dr. Cooley from the bottom of my heart. Again, if nothing more than for the peace of mind.

Again, let me know how I can help. Let me conclude though by saying this. I really, really love my hair. I am really, really smart for choosing Dr. Cooley. But I am also really, really lucky. I was a good candidate for a HT. I have a ton of donor hair and my hair is sort of fine and blonde. If you are a NW 6 with corse black hair and not a lot of donor hair, then you probably aren't going to get the same results I did. I don't say this to brag, I am just being realistic. Dr. Cooley is a tremendous surgeon, but he can only work with what he is given. But do yourself a favor and at least talk with his office before you choose a surgeon. You will not regret it.

Good luck.

Just received a message that made me realize that I have not updated this thread in quite awhile (more than a year). Selfishly, now that I no longer think about hairless, I sort of forgot about this site. It was by far the most valuable asset in helping me make this decision. Those of us with positive outcomes owe it to pay it back to help others. So here is my final post. I am not going to post anymore, but PLEASE send me your messages and I will be happy to help you.

After my two procedures with Dr. Cooley, I can say without any BS that it was one of the best decisions of my entire life. I mean that. Hairless sucks. You spend way too much time thinking about it, when you should be spending that time just enjoying life. I was in my early thirties when this journey started. I was tired of hats, of wind, of waking up at my girlfriends house and not wanting to just hang out on the couch without a hat. It was time consuming. At work, when I should have been working, I would be looking up HT results (not that this was a bad thing). These days I don't think about my hair at all. Not at the beach, not under harsh lighting. Now I can be like a normal American and just worry about how I am getting fat.

After my first HT I thought the results made it look like I did not have any hair loss at all. It went so well, that I decided to have a second one. Not because I felt I needed to, but because I was like holy shit that turned out so well why not.

After my second hair transplant, I genuinely feel like I have great hair. Not great hair for a hair transplant patient, but just great hair. Now, maybe others might disagree, but I think it looks awesome and that is all that matters. I wish I had hair this good when I was in college.

I paid around 20,000 for both procedures. I mean this when I say it: I would have paid double that. Seriously, if nothing else than for just the time I no longer spend worrying about hair.

This is going to sound completely and totally cliche/ridiculous. But I got both procedures done while I was with my girlfriend...I never told her about them. I am now fortunate enough to be married to her. For the last year, she kept telling me she loved the new barber I was going to. We moved to a different state and the week before we got married she told me that I was to drive 4 hours to the "barber" I had been going to for the last year, because while she liked me when we first started dating I had the "dumbest haircut ever." Ha, I go to Greatclips and spend 15 dollars on a haircut. I just had stupid thinning hair that I tried to style and it did look dumb.

Anyway, I guess I am just rambling now. But seriously, I want to thank Dr. Cooley from the bottom of my heart. Again, if nothing more than for the peace of mind.

Again, let me know how I can help. Let me conclude though by saying this. I really, really love my hair. I am really, really smart for choosing Dr. Cooley. But I am also really, really lucky. I was a good candidate for a HT. I have a ton of donor hair and my hair is sort of fine and blonde. If you are a NW 6 with corse black hair and not a lot of donor hair, then you probably aren't going to get the same results I did. I don't say this to brag, I am just being realistic. Dr. Cooley is a tremendous surgeon, but he can only work with what he is given. But do yourself a favor and at least talk with his office before you choose a surgeon. You will not regret it.

Good luck.

Great conclusion to your story.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.