Feller/Bloxham set up

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe the questions were answered by Dr. Feller and I'm tired of this site it just goes on and on . If you need to know everything about Dr. Feller call his office or make a consult then he can talk to you directly if you have any questions that's what I would do if I had concerns.

I believe the questions were answered by Dr. Feller and I'm tired of this site it just goes on and on . If you need to know everything about Dr. Feller call his office or make a consult then he can talk to you directly if you have any questions that's what I would do if I had concerns.

HairJo, I am not asking you to answer the questions directed to Dr Feller. I am asking you to answer the specific questions I asked you. You made some very strong accusations against me, one being that I make stuff up coupled with misdirection's and omissions. I am asking you sir to please substantiate exactly what those are or to then kindly retract those comments ... and no, Dr Feller has not answered all the questions, specifically the exact level of supervision he provides Dr Bloxham during the critical aspects of the surgery. Seeing that you yourself cannot answer questions or substantiate your own points, perhaps you should not have jumped directly into the middle trying to defend the Dr.

so youre better than me, you just decide the conversation is closed without answering simple quesitons. What are you, my dad when I asked to use the car as a teenager? talk about arrogant. you get got on applying double standards and back out of the original topic. won't answer any questions about your own doctor but go after another doctor like he wronged you personally. Sounds fishy to me. your intentions are obvious, but definitely not sincere. To be clear, when the tough questions are about feller, all is fine, but when they're about your doctor they are attacks not worthy of response. yeah right.

Perhaps you should follow your own advice as above?

Edited by Stig

it goes on and on because moderators don't intervene when members become over-zealous and literally harassing with some of their demands and/or questions of recommended doctors - I definitely believe part of it is a "power trip" and another part is not having anything else better to do - either way, I agree with you Hairjo, its extremely annoying - move on

Let it go Stig, you won that bout by a knockout. HairJo stood no chance once he started to compare the practice undertaken by Dr Feller with that of Dr Ron Shapiro. When I consulted with Shapiro Medical, I was absolutely given a choice between the three surgeons there. Dr Ron Shapiro is a true professional and deserves way more respect than this. It is like comparing Peyton Manning with Ryan Leaf - absolutely ludicrous. I suspect that this topic has run its course. I really do wish Dr Bloxham all the best, and hopefully they are fully transparent with all their patients way in advance of any surgery date like they stated they are. I'd even hope it's transparent before any consultation date too.

Why are you replying to me? I was talking about Hairjo and your quote shows this. Are you and him the same person? Hairjo said techs take out the strip, I asked him to name one clinic where this happens.

This comparison with Dr. Shapiro is stupid. Dr. Josephitis is prominently discussed with a full background dossier on their website. Dr. Bloxham is not. Dr. Josephitis already had several years of hair transplant experience according to their website before he started working for Dr. Shapiro. Dr. Bloxham has not. I'm willing to bet that if one said they did not want Dr. Josephitis involved with their surgery when he started with them the response would be cooperative. With Dr. Bloxham it is not.

I don't get how the two can be compared. You have to start somewhere but that isn't the issue of this back and forth debate. It has to do with transparency and informed consent. I hope Dr. Bloxham turns into a great hair transplant doctor but he can't be described as one now, or even an experienced hair transplant doctor. It is obvious he is a trainee. Dr. Josephitis is experienced and anyone that looks at the Shapiro website knows about his existence. This wasn't the case on the Feller website until last week.

I hope Dr. Bloxham isn't taking all of this personally. He seems like a nice guy in his posts and videos and I'm sure he'll be one of the more popular names in time.

I don't quite understand the tone of sensitivity in your post (bolded). And emphatically, Hairjo and I are NOT the same person. I simply posted a comment on technicians doing a complete procedure and the doctors not being involved, which was related to Hairjo's post. When you asked for "identities" I simply clarified my post, so there would be no misunderstanding as to what type of procedure my comment was directed to.

Is tension and sensitivity so high, on what should be an open discussion forum, that one cannot comment on posts without being subjected to pettiness, chastisement or accusations?

Furthermore I don't have a dog in this fight, nor am I looking to be engaged in an "e-fight." The basis of this thread is extremely similar to my experience, hence my interest in the discussion. I believe I am within forum guidelines to do so, unless something has changed since my accessing the forum, 4 days past.

Why are so many people posting so invested in this topic as if they already signed up for a procedure with said doctors?

Because where would we be if we didn't help each other?

As others mentioned, the thread achieved its goal in raising awareness. The patient can now make an informed decision about this practice that they wouldn't have had knowledge of previously.

Long time lurker/ first time poster....

I just wanted to say this site has been an invaluable resource for me in researching and choosing my HT surgeon. Choosing the right surgeon is critical to obtaining an aesthetically pleasing cosmetic HT result. I can't express how grateful I am to this community and it's members for contributing so much valuable information for hair loss sufferers. Hopefully this is my small act at giving back.

I had my first HT surgery with Dr. Feller on Jan. 17th 2015. He "installed" :P 2500 grafts to the frontal third of my scalp. I couldn't be more pleased with the results. It has done wonders for my self-esteem and confidence. Naturally, when it came time for my second HT procedure I didn't even consider going anywhere else.

I met with both Feller and Bloxham over the summer of 2015 and discussed the plan to attack my thinning crown. I had my 2nd HT surgery about two weeks ago on Jan 14th, 2016.

Dr. Bloxham performed the strip removal and created all the recipient site slits. Having my first procedure with Dr. Feller, I can honestly say I did not feel I was in the hands of a "lesser" surgeon. Dr. Bloxham checks, double-checks, and triple-checks his work. He is meticulous. His bedside manner was great. Perhaps even better than Dr. Feller's. :P I seem to be particularly sensitive to the pain of the numbing needles and Dr. Bloxham went at my pace frequently asking if I needed breaks.

I suppose questions will exist regarding the success of Dr. Bloxham's work until his results have grown out and people post them. I'm not particularly worried. This office has a track record of success and I feel confident that Dr. Feller would not risk his reputation by putting someone in that wasn't ready.

I am in no way a representative of Feller and Bloxham. Just a happy client that wanted to pass along my experience.....

-Joe

Long time lurker/ first time poster....

I just wanted to say this site has been an invaluable resource for me in researching and choosing my HT surgeon. Choosing the right surgeon is critical to obtaining an aesthetically pleasing cosmetic HT result. I can't express how grateful I am to this community and it's members for contributing so much valuable information for hair loss sufferers. Hopefully this is my small act at giving back.

I had my first HT surgery with Dr. Feller on Jan. 17th 2015. He "installed" :P 2500 grafts to the frontal third of my scalp. I couldn't be more pleased with the results. It has done wonders for my self-esteem and confidence. Naturally, when it came time for my second HT procedure I didn't even consider going anywhere else.

I met with both Feller and Bloxham over the summer of 2015 and discussed the plan to attack my thinning crown. I had my 2nd HT surgery about two weeks ago on Jan 14th, 2016.

Dr. Bloxham performed the strip removal and created all the recipient site slits. Having my first procedure with Dr. Feller, I can honestly say I did not feel I was in the hands of a "lesser" surgeon. Dr. Bloxham checks, double-checks, and triple-checks his work. He is meticulous. His bedside manner was great. Perhaps even better than Dr. Feller's. :P I seem to be particularly sensitive to the pain of the numbing needles and Dr. Bloxham went at my pace frequently asking if I needed breaks.

I suppose questions will exist regarding the success of Dr. Bloxham's work until his results have grown out and people post them. I'm not particularly worried. This office has a track record of success and I feel confident that Dr. Feller would not risk his reputation by putting someone in that wasn't ready.

I am in no way a representative of Feller and Bloxham. Just a happy client that wanted to pass along my experience.....

-Joe

Hi Joe, thanks for posting. Doesn't sound like a combo of Feller & Bloxham to me. Joe, what exactly was the level of Dr Feller's involvement? Was he present throughout the incision making process or did he maybe check-in once or twice? From what you posted, sounds as if Dr Bloxham performed all the critical aspects of the surgery himself, is that a true assessment, or was Dr Feller supervising?

Hey Stig,

Thanks for the reply. Dr. Feller and Dr. Bloxham were in constant communication with each other. From the pre-op consultation and planning through to the post-op care instructions and questions session at the end.

They were in constant communication throughout the surgery on how well they were executing on the plan we all agreed on. I must admit I dozed off several times during the procedure but Dr. Feller came in at least 5 times that I can remember.

It was a very collaborative effort.

I also must give a shout out to the staff. I think all of the techs that did the graft implantation this year were there for my first procedure. They are quick, accurate, efficient, and personable as well.

Sorry if I sound like a fanboy but my experience at this office has been overwhelmingly positive.

-Joe

Thanks Joe,

So just to clarify, even though they were in constant communication, Dr Feller was absent more than he was present in the room during the surgery when Dr Bloxham was cutting the strip and making the incisions?

WOW - in fact it could be argued that you got the skills, artistry and work of 2 surgeons for the price of 1 - the exact opposite of what all these so called hecklers and psuedo critics have been saying and saying and saying throughout this ridiculous thread for pages and pages and pages - end of story/ move on.

WOW - in fact it could be argued that you got the skills, artistry and work of 2 surgeons for the price of 1 - the exact opposite of what all these so called hecklers and psuedo critics have been saying and saying and saying throughout this ridiculous thread for pages and pages and pages - end of story/ move on.

Have to disagree Home. Although it seems as if Dr Feller is providing a level of supervision, it still seems as if Dr Bloxham is performing most/all of the critical aspects himself. In other words, Dr Feller has delegated these critical aspects of the surgery to an inexperienced doctor still learning whilst providing a level of supervision. Once again, absolutely nothing wrong with this practice, and its definitely a great way for Dr Bloxham to be gaining that experience, but I do think that Dr Feller's recommendation by this site has been undermined, and the description of Dr Feller's profile (which makes no mention of Dr Bloxham at all) is now inaccurate and misleading.

Let me explain. When a patient searches this website for a surgeon, and chooses Dr Feller based on the recommendation, that patient is going to walk into the clinic and discover that the surgery is going to be performed by a Feller/Bloxham combination, of which Dr Bloxham is the one that is going to be performing most of it himself. That patient is going to be told that's the only way the clinic operates. As things stand right now, that patient is going to believe that particular practice is the norm and that everything will be fine because of the fact that the clinic is recommended. As I stated, that recommendation was earned by Dr Feller, and Dr Feller alone performing those critical aspects of the surgery, not by the current practice of Dr Bloxham performing the surgery with a degree of supervision. Dr Bloxham may in fact be a great surgeon himself, but he has not yet proven himself, nor has the current combination of Feller/Bloxham. Remember, they have only been practicing together for 6 months, and with procedures taking a full 12 months to adequately assess, it impossible to know how successful/unsuccessful this new practice is. To me, if Dr Feller is no longer performing these surgeries like he was before, the recommendation as it stands right now should be contingent on the new Dr Feller/Bloxham being able to produce consistently high quality results. Regardless of how much trust Dr Feller has in Dr Bloxham, this is a newly qualified inexperienced doctor with only 6 months of experiencing practicing.

Not trying to be harsh here, and in practice I would hedge my money that Dr Bloxham is already a great surgeon worthy of his own recommendation, but this has not yet been demonstrated. Just my own opinion.

It is also very disappointing that the moderators have not adjusted Dr Feller's profile page to mention the current practice of a Feller/Bloxham combination, quite frankly, its misleading not to.

you can disagree all you want - in fact keep writing pages and pages and pages of whatever dribble you'd like - Feller/Bloxham work in concert - if you don't like it, you don't have to go there, spend your $$ elsewhere, but to criticize, demand, order a recommended physician to do things the way YOU think they should be done, ad nauseum is quite annonying and in fact arrogant on your part - no need for you to reply

you can disagree all you want - in fact keep writing pages and pages and pages of whatever dribble you'd like - Feller/Bloxham work in concert - if you don't like it, you don't have to go there, spend your $$ elsewhere, but to criticize, demand, order a recommended physician to do things the way YOU think they should be done, ad nauseum is quite annonying and in fact arrogant on your part - no need for you to reply

"demand, order a recommended physician to do things the way YOU think they should be done" - Please can you point out exactly where I have demanded or ordered a recommended physician to do anything? Everything I have said here has been my own opinion, and on numerous occasions I even prefaced my statements with a statement that Dr Feller can do whatever he wants and that I am not trying to dictate what he should and should not do. Perhaps go back and reread what I have actually written. You are entitled to disagree with me, infact I welcome an intelligent debate, but I suspect you are just too clouded by your own anger at anyone who disagrees with your own viewpoint.

"but to criticize" - Yes I have and will continue to criticize anything I feel that is wrong and warrants criticism. We both live in the United States of America my friend, and have been blessed with a basic human right called free speech. That's one of the purposes of this wonderful forum. It gives people like you and me the opportunity to voice our opinions in a decent and respectful manner. If you take exception to this, then I suggest you don't bother to continue reading this thread. In fact look at the number of views this thread has generated. I know you don't really believe that folks have no right to criticize, but if you do, then there are plenty of dictatorships around the world that you may feel more comfortable living under that do not tolerate criticism of any kind.

Good day sir!

get a life or a paying job dude .. its obvious u got too much free time on your hands .. and of course you'd like to forever debate an issue that's really not up for debate except in your own head ..

Edited by home1212

get a life or a paying job dude .. its obvious u got too much free time on your hands .. and of course you'd like to forever debate an issue that's really not up for debate except in your own head ..

Sigh - it's always sad to see a grown intelligent man behave like a child with those insults. Like I said Home, either you can engage in an intelligent debate on this topic, or if you are sick of it, you can leave and stop reading the thread, but I strongly suggest you act your age and do not engage in childish insults.

Sigh - it's always sad to see a grown intelligent man behave like a child with those insults. Like I said Home, either you can engage in an intelligent debate on this topic, or if you are sick of it, you can leave and stop reading the thread, but I strongly suggest you act your age and do not engage in childish insults.

Don't sweat it, Stig. He has a history of challenging anyone who challenges anything a doctor does regardless of the practice or decision a patient makes. Ironic of course, seeing as this forum is here to help people, even if it means challenging some of their opinions.

I doubt if when he went to Rahal he instead got a Rahal apprentice peforming the most cirtical aspects of his surgery he'd be so accepting.

Regardless, the thread has raised the necessary awareness. Mission accomplished.

esrec - I'm going to ask the moderators to intervene with regard to your statement and accusation that "I have a history of siding with doctors and whatever they say"

. Not only is your statement patently false - it's accusatory of my reputation on this forum. I've only criticized you and Stig on this very thread for your continuous badgering of an issue which is beyond all of our control - for which both of you continue to criticize. Drs Feller and Bloxham work in concert - somehow both of you can't seem to accept that -

With respect to my surgery with Rahal which you must have looked up on my profile - I was more than satisfied with Rahal's main technician - Mike Lara - performing all of my extractions and working with the techs to fill in my recipient sites - nearly 3/4 of my surgery - so I didn't complain or cry like a baby because my result was superior!

I would ask the moderators to look into your accusatory and false statement that I have "a history of supporting any doctor on this site regardless of their practice" as a pure inflammatory and false statement - because you are a complete HACK!

esrec - I'm going to ask the moderators to intervene with regard to your statement and accusation that "I have a history of siding with doctors and whatever they say"

. Not only is your statement patently false - it's accusatory of my reputation on this forum. I've only criticized you and Stig on this very thread for your continuous badgering of an issue which is beyond all of our control - for which both of you continue to criticize. Drs Feller and Bloxham work in concert - somehow both of you can't seem to accept that -

With respect to my surgery with Rahal which you must have looked up on my profile - I was more than satisfied with Rahal's main technician - Mike Lara - performing all of my extractions and working with the techs to fill in my recipient sites - nearly 3/4 of my surgery - so I didn't complain or cry like a baby because my result was superior!

I would ask the moderators to look into your accusatory and false statement that I have "a history of supporting any doctor on this site regardless of their practice" as a pure inflammatory and false statement - because you are a complete HACK!

Oh please. You have a right to accept everything at face value just as we have a right to request clarity on a process that potentially effects the outcome of members on this forum. Silence accomplishes nothing. We know more now than we did before and that's a good thing.

At the same token, I would ask the moderators to look into your accusatory and false statement that I "demand, order a recommended physician to do things the way YOU think they should be done" and that I "get a life or a paying job dude .. its obvious u got too much free time on your hands .." as a pure inflammatory and false statements. Not only are your statements patently false - it's accusatory of my reputation on this forum.

I also ask that the moderators look into the manner at which you have breached the terms and conditions of this forum with your insults to both Esrec and myself.