No Way Out

Mahair

I Dont mean to sound like I have no hope but I can't seem to ever get this mistake to leave my mind. I had too much hair to be worried about it. I should have done more research but I didn't.I took what the Dr. said to me and did what he recommended.Every day I live in pain and whatch my life deteriorate. I can't go back or forward either I am stuck. I can't even leave my house.I think of ending it but I am too much of a chicken. I can't seem to function anymore. I think of this obsessively hoping it will just go away but it won't. I traded in my nice hair for scars and a few sprouts on my forhead and balding. How could I have been so stupid to think the Dr. had anything but a sale on his mind. The results are great I have lost my soul and more than my hair.I am living in Hell. Why did I risk all I had I didn't know I would be damaged like this.

"The first cut is the deepest." Cat Stevens

I Dont mean to sound like I have no hope but I can't seem to ever get this mistake to leave my mind. I had too much hair to be worried about it. I should have done more research but I didn't.I took what the Dr. said to me and did what he recommended.Every day I live in pain and whatch my life deteriorate. I can't go back or forward either I am stuck. I can't even leave my house.I think of ending it but I am too much of a chicken. I can't seem to function anymore. I think of this obsessively hoping it will just go away but it won't. I traded in my nice hair for scars and a few sprouts on my forhead and balding. How could I have been so stupid to think the Dr. had anything but a sale on his mind. The results are great I have lost my soul and more than my hair.I am living in Hell. Why did I risk all I had I didn't know I would be damaged like this.

Mahair I truly feel for you man, but you have to snap out of it. There are a lot of us on this site that are in the same boat as you. If you've seen my pics you'd notice that I to have a grafty looking hairline, but I'm doing something about it. I'm moving on and getting repair work done. Dude you just can't let your life slip away. Ok, you F'd up, so now what are you going to do? Put a plan into action. You've been on this board long enough to have a good idea on what your options are. Pick an option and get going on it. I've read your posts where you've mentioned your kids. If anything that should be your biggest reason for getting yourself back in gear. Now we'll be starting a new year. What I suggest is first seeing a doctor about getting on some anti depressants. Then get in contact with a few of the top ht doctors and see what they have to say. Ending your life is not the answer. Not for you or your kids. Good luck, and remember your not alone in this. There are plenty of us here who have gotten butcher. Some worse then others, and I'm sure some worse then you. Good luck man, and keep your head up.

Mr. Hair

Ditto. Mahair, you've been posting these rants of despair for months now. While they are probably effective at keeping people away from HT, hopefully and especially from MHR (!!!), they are not solving your problem, while becoming increasing annoying. Perhaps some of us could offer helpful suggestions to you, if you could please post some photographs. Thanks, and good luck.

I'm sure he's no plant. Just quite down.

Mahair: continue your course of seeking help from a top repair doc and proceed confidently. It sounds easy. And it is and it's your best shot.

Please believe that everything can change. Then, take a chance at erasing what now so clearly torments you.

And come back here and then post YOUR SUCCESS story. And chuckle about the past and look forward.

Man, that is the only way to go. Don't be afraid to change everything for the better.

I did and there are no regrets.

vocor1

Knowledge is Power

-- If the worst question is the one never asked, then the worst answer is the one never shared.

-- The truth only matters if you know about it.

I am not making any of this up I didn't know about hair transplants and thought I would see about what they were I know now I was jusr starting to thin I was given the impression that I could head off going bald by having it done early and I now am scarred up and balding it has effected my life to the point that i can hardly do anything.

I totally agree with Vocor. I don't think the guy is a plant. Who would he be a plant for? I don't know if you other guys (dandres, jacobs, nw) ever had bad work done, but when I did it threw me into depression for over a year and a half. I can sympathize with Mahair because I've been there. Maybe not as depressed as he seems, but certainly very depressed. He just need to pick himself up, dust himself off, and figure out a plan of action.

Mr. Hair

Yes, I had 4 bouts of crappy mini/micro's in the 90's.

I'm not suggesting that Mr. Mahair didn't have shitty work, or that he isn't upset, or doesn't have a right to be. What I AM saying is that he has been leaving his crazed rants on this and other websites for MONTHS, and I think we would all be better off, most of all HIM, if he would either send in some photos or at least give specific details of what happened so that we could pitch in and brainstorm ideas of how to help him out of his mess, or just cease and desist with his freaked-out diatribes because they are most tiresome.

I am trying to find ways to cope with this.I had a good amount of hair i just wanted to improve it. i ended up loosing my hair because of the tansplant and getting an unatural looking sparse hairline . i just don't feel right anymore.i don't knowif another h/t will help either.i appreciate that there is somewere to go with this problem and iam kind of still in shock from it.i also cannot beleive that i got taken so easily by the Dr. by doing 2500 grafts and that it was a one time procedure.it has really destroyed my self esteem and confidence greatly.

Ma-

My last post for you until you show you're holding up your end.

I posted this to you weeks ago, and similar - nicer stuff weeks before that and weeks before that too. So has everyone else - all have done their best to help.

Do your part and show you are actually doing something about it (and that you are not a Troll), and you can get some more great advice here.

--

I know just about anything can be repaired to a degree. If you're not completely butchered, I'm sure a good doc can do great. See this link for my doc - it's all repair jobs, and many were certain to be worse off than you.

http://www.foundhair.com/pages/GalleryRepair.asp

Foremost, though!!! Are you listening and acting on the advice and opinions everyone is giving you? I know there has been a great deal of it, but i honestly can't see any difference between your first post and your 100th.

Please do yourself a favor and take some action. Regretting the past won't get you anywhere, and repeating the same things will only diminish the number of quality responses from people in this forum.

My Pix and Hair Mentor page with advice on Choosing a Doc, anti-swelling and healing advice

My Pix and Hair Mentor page with advice on Choosing a Doc, anti-swelling and healing advice

i have a mixed bag of feelings of above responses about Mahair .

On the one hand i think its very important that he posts so guys are aware of the shady practices many hairmills and unsavory doctors engage in.

we all assume bad hair transplants are a thing of the past, but id say bad hair transplants are still the norm and not the exception. maybe 5% of the thousands of HT doctors & clinics are worth considering. The rest probably create more "Mahairs" who live in shame and ruin everyday.

I also know what its like to live with and cover up a bad HT from the past, so i can understand what he is coming from its a difficult life to live.

But on the other hand, Mahair not posting any specifics, his doctors name, or some photos or something doesnt do his case any good.

Mahair told us he went to MHR, so i hope new guys reading his story from not years ago, but here and now in 2003 wise up dont go to them.

Mahair,

I still wish you'd post some picts. I doubt ANYBODY would make fun of you, AND you legitimize yourself to the forum.

After many posts, I can tell you that an overwhelming number of posters here are here to get informed and/or to inform others. The feebs are few and far between and easily cast aside.

WITHOUT seeing your picts, my advice to you is to see Shapiro and/or Rose as you were planning and get their opinions. Both struck me as true professionals. You gotta trust someone here. And in my book, TRYING to do something to "right a wrong" is better than just sitting there and taking it.

Man, don't let it wreck you. Legitimize your case. Listen to the experts. And move onward and upward. The results can only bring you hope and improvement at this stage.

After all, those are the things you are seeking here, right?

We all hate the hairmills here -- trust that. And also, we rally around those here who's successes are demonstrated by their actions in the face of their struggles.

Haha, it's funny how the internet can mirror real life sometimes, isn't it?

vocor1

Knowledge is Power

-- If the worst question is the one never asked, then the worst answer is the one never shared.

-- The truth only matters if you know about it.

Mahair,

I had "work" performed on me by the same lying bastards as you did, so I can empathize. I do have some suggestions:

1)Consult with Shapiro/Rose as you indicated.

2)Get a neurology consult regarding your anhydrosis and tachycardia.

3)See a psychologist or psychiatrist regarding your depression.

Remember, this can be only a short term setback. The damage can be repaired.

Hey Mahair Chap,

I know where you comming from brotha!!

But you got's to look up dude.

Fight on boy coz the game aint over..

I know how you feel, thinking about women about your future, facing people, everything!!!

So I'm here to support you!!

But mate you've been putting forth your case for ages now but it seems you haven't taken any actions/positive steps towards getting the job fixed up!

Do something man...Don't ever give up...YOu gonna make it!!

~PArABlE~