I think I found the prefect way to disguise my hair transplant

So when you first get your hair transplant, for first 2 weeks you look like you've just been scalped by an Indian. Here's my solution I came up with:

1. Always schedule your surgery while taking a vacation from work if possible.

2. First 3 days l'm gonna lounge around the house and do nothing.

3. for the next 2 weeks you cannot wear a hat, so here's my solution. I'm gonna buy on Ebay a pair of hospital scrubs complete with loose fitting surgical cap (see pics):

2812886-surgeon-or-medical-scrub-nurse-giving-the-thumbs-up-hand-signal-of-quality-perfection.jpg

6996690148_1364ef7918_b.jpg

I'll just walk around Toronto like I'm a doctor or surgeon. Nobody will know the difference.

Then after 2 weeks I can start wearing a regular baseball hat until all donor area has grown back and my grafts have healed.

Brilliant, isnt it?? :D

I would like some feedback from surgeons/Blake regarding this. There is a guy on youtube who wore a beanie and a surgical cap immediately post op. This seems like a good idea if it wont tug out grafts if the cap is worn under a beanie.

Anyone??

It SEEMS like a good idea, but what if, while you are walking around Toronto, a guy has a Heart Attack and someone yells out "Is anyone here a Doctor?".

Brush up on your CPR first...

I'm serious.  Just look at my face.

My Hair Regimen: Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

Which Doctor said you can't wear a hat post op for the first two weeks? Our patients leave the clinic in a loose fitting ball cap. Beanie hats should be avoided for the first 4-5 days post op until the grafts are secure and the incisions have dried. But every clinic has it's own post op instructions.

Nice idea about the scrubs though.

---

Former patient and representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

So when you first get your hair transplant, for first 2 weeks you look like you've just been scalped by an Indian. Here's my solution I came up with:

1. Always schedule your surgery while taking a vacation from work if possible.

2. First 3 days l'm gonna lounge around the house and do nothing.

3. for the next 2 weeks you cannot wear a hat, so here's my solution. I'm gonna buy on Ebay a pair of hospital scrubs complete with loose fitting surgical cap (see pics):

2812886-surgeon-or-medical-scrub-nurse-giving-the-thumbs-up-hand-signal-of-quality-perfection.jpg

6996690148_1364ef7918_b.jpg

I'll just walk around Toronto like I'm a doctor or surgeon. Nobody will know the difference.

Then after 2 weeks I can start wearing a regular baseball hat until all donor area has grown back and my grafts have healed.

Brilliant, isnt it?? :D

Sorry Dutchie, I've been using this trick for years to pick up women :-)

Here, this is what you want. Something tight around the forehead below the hairline, and loosefitting around the scalp where the transplant took place:

Surgical Caps Candy Blue - surgicalcaps.com hospitalgowns.com

A0704c__56810.1418347946.1280.1280.jpg?c=2

This is exactly what Dr Rahal provided me with to wear for the first few days post-op. His clinic recommended waiting a few days for the swelling to subside before moving onto a loose fitting baseball cap. I actually prefer using the surgical cap though - way more comfortable.

Which Doctor said you can't wear a hat post op for the first two weeks? Our patients leave the clinic in a loose fitting ball cap. Beanie hats should be avoided for the first 4-5 days post op until the grafts are secure and the incisions have dried. But every clinic has it's own post op instructions.

Nice idea about the scrubs though

Dr. Jones said no hat for at least 10 days, and also not put on any Rogaine for the first 10 days.

But I've heard other doctors say putting on Rogaine is good the next day after surgery because it helps with shock loss, so I guess there is no clear cut rule for all this

Nice idea about the scrubs though.

My instructions were the same. I was wearing a loose fit (worn in) hat w/o issue.

My instructions were the same. I was wearing a loose fit (worn in) hat w/o issue

I always wear my baseball hat on backwards like David Beckham.

So as long as its nice and loose it should be no problem then??

article-2506977-19650B3800000578-835_634x862.jpg

Definitely no tight fitting or baseball caps that may even come near and touch the implanted grafts, but definitely loose / XL baseball caps or the surgical cap pictured above that Rahal gives to all his clients. I wore that surgical cap everywhere and no one even blinked twice, they thought I was either a doctor or sushi chef .. !