FUT - 18/12/15 - 4030 Grafts - NW6 - Dr Karadeniz - 18/12/15

chris39

Hi Chris,

Congrats for the new look and great result

Cheers

Thanks for the comments . In reply to your questions :

1- Did you take Finasteride pre/ postop? Nope

2- What's your total baldness in square cm including your crown? 200 sm2

3- Did you discuss the long term plan with Dr. K if any additional surgeries would be required after addressing your crown? Yes , we discussed things .

4- How many grafts in total do you have in the donor area? 2000 plus - will need aproper assessment if I decide to do HT no.2

5- Reason why you preferred FUT over FUE so you can avoid the linear scar? Plenty of info' on the reasons why FUT is the optimal initial option for the higher NW's , which is the reason I went with it . That's not to take anything away from peoples decision to go FUE straight off ( some really good examples of FUE on higher NW's in this forum ).

6- is it possible to show us a pic from top with a comb forward wet hair? Nope - I don't normally walk around with my hair wet and combed forward in my everyday life , so didn't see the point in it !:)

Keep researching my friend , I'll check out your thread later .

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still early days Chris ,looking good for 6 months, I think you'll be more than happy when it reaches full maturity in the next 12 months.

Cheers Mick

.Just saw your latest update - really looks excellent .

Have you decided on a date / surgeon yet for your 2nd HT ? 2 to 3 k grafts should make a really good difference . Judging by your previous HT , your hair calibre looks excellent .

Cheers Mick

.Just saw your latest update - really looks excellent .

Have you decided on a date / surgeon yet for your 2nd HT ? 2 to 3 k grafts should make a really good difference . Judging by your previous HT , your hair calibre looks excellent .

Next spring is when I'm planning Chris a lot of family issues going on at the moment ,

still haven't decided who to go with I'm happy with the frontal 2 thirds so really its just the back mid-scalp into the crown that will need to be addressed ,can always add density to the front [hair greed] but I would be very wary about doing more harm than good .

Regarding the calibre i don't have the coarse hair some guys have I'd say its medium thickness but the density in the donor was good, I think what I really had going for me is that my hair has a natural bounce -wave which helps a great deal in creating the illusion of density, tend to agree another 2-3000 grafts will make a huge difference considering

4200 made a nice cosmetic improvement especially as I have seen cases where 2000-2500+ grafts were used just to restore the hair-line, I realise the crown is a devil to cover but the grafts that were placed there actually grew pretty well but of course not enough for full coverage

I'm going to update my 18 month pics this weekend will also upload some pics at the 6 month mark so you can see the difference, 6 months is really just the beginning .

Edited by Mick50

• 1 month later...

Just hit the 8 month mark , and as previous I'm happy with the ways things

are . Can still feel new hairs still popping through , so hopefully still some further growth to come .

I was pleased at the 6 month mark , but have noticed a significant maturing of the hairs since then .

My left hand side lateral hump seems a bit weaker than my right , but from others posts it seems that this is a common occurance and hopefully will pick up .

Was intending to address my crown in a second pass over the coming christmas period , but may just wait for the time being to see how it is at the 12 month mark and decide then .

Below and following are a mixture of inside and outside pics.

IMG_5301_cropped__1471720586_28439.thumb.jpg.7e1a68d64d3dd04363d50a8c8f5732bc.jpg

IMG_5320__1471720632_68653.jpg.09ef9883d6f9d9ce7ddb7e39dd550360.jpg

IMG_5326__1471720691_83468.jpg.5fde2f2341eb36deb7f65bf888f4178b.jpg

IMG_5336__1471720732_68285.jpg.86be4addb33c0be18cacde7f149a608e.jpg

• Administrators

Huge improvement looks great indoors and outdoors, doing the crown will tie it all together and you'll be done, that will be an amazing feeling.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 3 months later...
looking good! Are you happy?

Cheers mosd.

Oh yes - From where I started from it's a huge improvement .

When I do the full 12 month update , I'll post pre op photo's against the current .That will really illustrate the difference .

I'll need at least 1 more HT to address the mid scalp and crown , But I can live with this for the time being .

• 4 weeks later...

Just hit the 12 month mark . Pretty busy at the moment so will just make this a quick post - I'll try and do a more detailed post over the next week or so with further photo's and particulars on grafts , scar healing etc.

I'm really pleased with the result . Was going to get a 2nd HT over the Christmas period to address the crown , but didn't work out this year and I'm not overly disappointed it didn't happen .

Attached below are 3 photo's:

1) Pre op consultation photo from November 2015

2) Pre-op photo on morning of surgery

3) Photo taken today - 12 months post HT surgery

IMG_3451__1482172723_51381__1482172723_49994.jpg.8d8c4f1f9b2832ff691f1da784dc919b.jpg

DSCF6308__1482172845_70454__1482172845_60520.jpg.4244d9ff0daa76fcac53bf1fdbfe9b9d.jpg

IMG_6050__1482172901_95890__1482172901_76343.jpg.9520fdcde13aaeac66c3f1c0e8be3c21.jpg

• Administrators

Looks great Chris, you've come along way from where you started.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Thanks HT - appreciated .

I'll take the next year to think of my plan for the 2nd procedure . Will be my last major surgery , so need to plan carefully .

I've been following your updates so interested to see how it turns out - I'm sure it'll turn out fine.

• Moderators

Just a comment.... If I were you and thinking about getting a 2nd surgery of around 2000 grafts, I think I'd use about 500 to thicken up the front half that was already done and then put the other 1500 into the crown. I think that would probably get you a decent overall look.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

Looks good Chris. Are you able to post some pics top down to see the density?

• 2 weeks later...
Just a comment.... If I were you and thinking about getting a 2nd surgery of around 2000 grafts, I think I'd use about 500 to thicken up the front half that was already done and then put the other 1500 into the crown. I think that would probably get you a decent overall look.

I'm hoping I may be able to get between 2 to 3k grafts in my next procedure .

I'll never get a dense coverage to the crown considering the area to be covered , so may concentrate on the lateral humps , possibly adding density to the lateral humps and see what's left to address the crown .

I'll post some photo's at some point to show the areas to be addressed .