Who are the Top 5 HT Docs in north america?

taurusrisen

Konior for sure, I think Rahal puts out some good results...Hassan and Wong puts out some nice ones....Shapiro in Minneapolis....Gabel is an up and comer...Feller is a good one...Cooley is very good...

I've also seen hundreds of great results from literally hundreds of other doctors here in the US. However, I think the ones above have the best reputation and reputation is built on results. You don't see these guys very often soliciting for business.....they get customers on word of mouth because if you do any type of research, you can see the results for yourself. Ferrari doesn't need to run commercials to talk you into thinking a Ferrari is a nice car.

That being said....I'm not 100% sure all of the docs above do both FUT and FUE so take that into consideration.

Konior for sure, I think Rahal puts out some good results...Hassan and Wong puts out some nice ones....Shapiro in Minneapolis....Gabel is an up and comer...Feller is a good one...Cooley is very good...

That being said....I'm not 100% sure all of the docs above do both FUT and FUE so take that into consideration.

But dont you think Hasson is better than Konior?

And in terms of FUE vs FUT, I'll go with FUT since I want to ensure that the harvest quality is high. With FUE, some of the follicles can actually die rendering lower hair count and growth.

My research lead me to Hasson, Rahal, Ron Shapiro, and Konior for strip. If FUE, I would travel to Belgium or Turkey. I know it's only 4 and you asked for 5. I've been hearing great things about Gabel but never researched him.

Now out of the 4, I eliminated Konior as I preferred the other 3. Now picking the best out of he 3 is tough as hell and something I really struggled with. I met with all 3 in person, and there is very little between them. Hasson definitely estimated the most lifetime grafts, and it's hard not to love the Rahal hairlines and density. Was also very impressed with Shapiro all round. I would recommend meeting with all three in person and picking the one who you feel can best achieve your goals for you and the one you feel most comfortable with. I'll be documenting my story very soon, including the decision making process I went through. It's really tough, and honestly, I got my best information from the in person consultations as well as from talking to and PM'ing some of the more senior members of the forum as well as in the industry. You seem to have looked at a lot of pictures as well which is the right thing to do. I went through as many as possible, but it's also helpful to understand their different techniques, I.e Rahal uses needles whilst Hasson uses the custom cut blades. Seeing you are going for dense packing, one method may achieve more density than the others. good luck mate

But dont you think Hasson is better than Konior?

And in terms of FUE vs FUT, I'll go with FUT since I want to ensure that the harvest quality is high. With FUE, some of the follicles can actually die rendering lower hair count and growth.

No, I actually think Konior is the top dog....especially for FUT as his scars are about unmatched. Remember, this is the guy people go to in order to fix other doctors mistakes.

Hassan and Wong have some nice results, no doubt....but I also have seen some subpar ones. Obviously they are pretty known for their mega sessions...if you needed 6,000 grafts at once....it obviously helps to have two doctors operating on you at the same time.

I've seen subpar Rahal results too..

Ask how many doctors you know who are booked nine months out (and this is without having reps out soliciting business). Konior WROTE some of these textbooks that a lot of these doctors learned from. He does one surgery per day and does all of the incisions and placing. He is in there 100% of the surgery. My first surgery went from 7am to probably midnight.....he was there the whole time. Sorry, you just don't get that anywhere else. He enjoys his job....he does it because he likes helping people, not because he is trying to make as much money as possible. It's just not how he is. Let's put it this way...I've seen some 10 out of 10 amazing results from all of those docs. The difference is I've also seen a very rare poor result from those other doctors, too. I have not seen that from Konior.

Mav, I'm curious as to why you ruled out Konior?

Hassan and Wong have some nice results, no doubt....but I also have seen some subpar ones. Obviously they are pretty known for their mega sessions...if you needed 6,000 grafts at once....it obviously helps to have two doctors operating on you at the same time

Ask how many doctors you know who are booked nine months out

Mav, I'm curious as to why you ruled out Konior?

Hey Matt,

At H&W, they don't both operate on the same patient. They both operate on separate patients, even the 6,000 graft session, it's one or the other, not both. Hasson has his team of technicians, and Wong his.

Can't argue with Konior's stellar reputation, and love how merticulous he is. it really came down to his game plan, scheduling and price with Konior. his game plan for me just didn't resunate with me like the others did. My gut told me to narrow it down to the other three. Hope it makes sense. It's really like picking the quarterback for your team when you have Aaron Rogers, Tom Brady, a younger Drew Brees, and a younger Peyton Manning to choose from. Of course you are going to take Peyton, so for me Konior just ended up being one of the other three.

Konior was booked out 5 months when I enquirered earlier this year, same as Rahal who performs 2 surgeries a day. Feriduni was close to a year.

Mav is right. There's no shortcuts. You need to sit down with the top guys and make your own decision based on the conversation and game plan. I spoke with all of the above and went in another direction. The good news is you have a great list.

Yeah, makes sense. I totally understand wanting to be able to pull the trigger ASAP instead of having to wait a long time.

Game plan is so dependent on each individual person....so I understand how that could move you towards others. We all want that 21 year old hairline and you will find some to give it to you (Alvi was one of those). However, we ended up seeing after many years how this aggressive planning caused some not to grow at all and I suspect that is why I've seen some of the others have that occasional dud. Again, that might not be related to skill....but it does relate to planning.

I thought way back when Hassan and Wong may have done a few together.....but those might have been extenuating circumstances.

My research lead me to Hasson, Rahal, Ron Shapiro, and Konior for strip.

I eliminated Konior as I preferred the other 3. I would recommend meeting with all three in person and picking the one who you feel can best achieve your goals for you and the one you feel most comfortable with.

Seeing you are going for dense packing, one method may achieve more density than the others. good luck mate

Ok, I don’t like Shapiro, so it boils down to Rahal, Hasson, and Konior. I did see Rahal In person and would like to see him again.

I like Rahal. But his b&a pics on his website show guys getting touch ups on the temple area. Theyre Norwood 2 patients. Even though I’m Norwood 2 also, I still want to see more challenging HTs before I decide to go with him. Also I haven’t seen updated videos or pics of his patients. His youtube videos are 2 years old. And I haven’t seen any personal video testimonials of his patients. This is weird.

Hasson is very good. But he only shows a few densely packed patients.

I looked at Konior. But he doesn’t give as much density as Rahal. But hes still good.

We all want that 21 year old hairline and you will find some to give it to you (Alvi was one of those).

Funny that you mention that “we all want that 21 year old hairline.” When I saw Rahal he said he cant take me back 30 years. That’s fine with me. If he could take me back just 7 years, I’d be completely satisfied.

Its also funny that you mention Alvi. I never saw his work until today. I’m VERY impressed with his results. I think he can compete well with Hasson and Rahal. I’ll probably consider seeing him instead.

. I spoke with all of the above and went in another direction. .

Which HT doc did you finally decide to go with? Can you share your results?

Ok, I don’t like Shapiro, so it boils down to Rahal, Hasson, and Konior. I did see Rahal In person and would like to see him again.

I like Rahal. But his b&a pics on his website show guys getting touch ups on the temple area. Theyre Norwood 2 patients. Even though I’m Norwood 2 also, I still want to see more challenging HTs before I decide to go with him. Also I haven’t seen updated videos or pics of his patients. His youtube videos are 2 years old. And I haven’t seen any personal video testimonials of his patients. This is weird.

Hasson is very good. But he only shows a few densely packed patients.

I looked at Konior. But he doesn’t give as much density as Rahal. But hes still good.

Funny that you mention that “we all want that 21 year old hairline.” When I saw Rahal he said he cant take me back 30 years. That’s fine with me. If he could take me back just 7 years, I’d be completely satisfied.

Its also funny that you mention Alvi. I never saw his work until today. I’m VERY impressed with his results. I think he can compete well with Hasson and Rahal. I’ll probably consider seeing him instead.

Which HT doc did you finally decide to go with? Can you share your results?

Only 8 weeks post op but feel free to PM me for specifics. I dont want to hijack thread. My best advice is to speak with everyone before drawing any conclusions. Its too big a decision to make based off pictures and perception. We all have our stories, but many of us changed our minds after consults. Have your list of questions ready to go. I spoke with 8+ docs in a matter of a few weeks. It can be done if you set the time aside. Lastly, it sucks to admit, but be wary of anyone that tells you what you "want to hear". I dont imagine you'd have that issue with the above. All tops.

Konior, Shapiro (in MN), Hasson & Wong and Feller in NY. Those are the forum favorites. Gabel in Portland has some really good results as well. There are other good docs and there is risk with everything, but when you venture from those 5, the risk starts going up. That's the truth.

It simply comes down to who you're comfortable with. I decided on Konior because of results and location Plus, he's super anal and does most if not all graft transplants himself. Oh, and his surgical skill regarding the scar. I didn't do as much due diligence as some, but way more than others.

No one is going to have a bad result with the above doctors, bottom line. But you need to find the best fit for you, regardless of who it is. Konior may not be the best fit for everyone. Shapiro might not either. Same for the rest. But they're all good docs.

I am very satisfied with my result from Konior.May have a second one in the future just to get more density, but that has to do with the area needing to be covered, not Dr. Konior's skills.

Konior, Shapiro (in MN), Hasson & Wong and Feller in NY. Those are the forum favorites. Gabel in Portland has some really good results as well. There are other good docs and there is risk with everything, but when you venture from those 5, the risk starts going up. That's the truth.

It simply comes down to who you're comfortable with. I decided on Konior because of results and location Plus, he's super anal and does most if not all graft transplants himself. Oh, and his surgical skill regarding the scar. I didn't do as much due diligence as some, but way more than others.

No one is going to have a bad result with the above doctors, bottom line. But you need to find the best fit for you, regardless of who it is. Konior may not be the best fit for everyone. Shapiro might not either. Same for the rest. But they're all good docs.

I am very satisfied with my result from Konior.May have a second one in the future just to get more density, but that has to do with the area needing to be covered, not Dr. Konior's skills.

You included Feller but you excluded Rahal from your list? I have to politely disagree with you. Any reason why you omitted Rahal? I'm sure Feller is a good surgeon, but he doesn't belong on that list with the likes of Shapiro and Hasson.

You included Feller but you excluded Rahal from your list? I have to politely disagree with you. Any reason why you omitted Rahal? I'm sure Feller is a good surgeon, but he doesn't belong on that list with the likes of Shapiro and Hasson.

I got to report this idiot. This guy continues to harass me on every thread I create. This loser has no life whatsoever.

…. Just reported you.

Konior, Shapiro (in MN), Hasson & Wong and Feller in NY. Those are the forum favorites. Gabel in Portland has some really good results as well. There are other good docs and there is risk with everything, but when you venture from those 5, the risk starts going up.

I am very satisfied with my result from Konior. May have a second one in the future just to get more density, but that has to do with the area needing to be covered, not Dr. Konior's skills.

Have you checked out Alvi Armani? His work looks very good, even though hes in the middle east. I think hes in Turkey if I’m not mistaken. I may consider traveling to Turkey to see this doc.

Let me know if you think this doc is as good or even better than the docs you mentioned.. hope to hear from you soon.. thanks.

Reason is I can't multi task when at work. Complete oversight. Rahal should be listed. I counted to 5 and stopped. I blame Hasson and Wong :)

I got to report this idiot. This guy continues to harass me on every thread I create. This loser has no life whatsoever.

…. Just reported you.

I wasn't talking to you.

David, right after you give this guy a warning he continues his insults. I wasn't even talking to him. You need to ban him, this is absolutely ridiculous.

…. Just reported you.

Have you checked out Alvi Armani? His work looks very good, even though hes in the middle east. I think hes in Turkey if I’m not mistaken. I may consider traveling to Turkey to see this doc.

Let me know if you think this doc is as good or even better than the docs you mentioned.. hope to hear from you soon.. thanks.

With all due respect, you really probably need to do more research. I put Alvi's first name because I thought his name was blocked on this site (and it would be for good reason). Do some Google searching. He definitely isn't someone I'd recommend.

Any of these doctors can do dense packing, simple as that. Every patient's needs and wants are different.

The Turkey stuff? Are you going to travel anywhere near Syria and trust you will get quality work? Um, no. I'd almost rather drive down to Tijuana if price is what matters. Didn't they catch an ISIS member a few weeks ago in Turkey because he went for a HT (seriously...Google it)?

I don't sit here and recommend Konior just because I had him do my HT. I did the research before and knew he was the guy. Here is a little sneak peak of my 2nd procedure with Dr. K on Tuesday....dense enough for you? I have a ton of ointment on here (the white parts), too...covering even more grafts.

hoho.jpg.a4934e7f002e0c62c9d6e796a42e62f5.jpg

hoho2.jpg.fcd638f865eebf2fd10c3594e3163fa0.jpg

Reason is I can't multi task when at work. Complete oversight. Rahal should be listed. I counted to 5 and stopped. I blame Hasson and Wong :)

CaliHairGuy, what do you think of Alvi Armani? I checked out a Turkish doc and the work looks damn good. I'd say hes even better than Rahal.

I read that the Turkish docs are world renown, possibly the best in the world. I'm seriously considering visiting these Turkish docs. I think I'll schedule a skype call and talk to them.

What do you think about Alvi? Heard anything good about him?

I

David, right after you give this guy a warning he continues his insults. I wasn't even talking to him. You need to ban him, this is absolutely ridiculous.

Get out already!

David, as you can see, I created this thread and have been respectful with everyone. This harasser now follows and harasses me after he insulted me on a thread I previously created. I'm here to get help for my situation. I dont need this nuisance. I urge you to ban this troll.

On my way to contact another mod now...

With all due respect, you really probably need to do more research. I put Alvi's first name because I thought his name was blocked on this site (and it would be for good reason). Do some Google searching. He definitely isn't someone I'd recommend.

The Turkey stuff? Are you going to travel anywhere near Syria and trust you will get quality work? Um, no. I'd almost rather drive down to Tijuana if price is what matters.

I don't sit here and recommend Konior just because I had him do my HT. I did the research before and knew he was the guy. Here is a little sneak peak of my 2nd procedure with Dr. K on Tuesday....dense enough for you? I have a ton of ointment on here (the white parts), too...covering even more grafts.

Hi matt. Thanks for the heads up on Alvi. But I don’t understand why you don’t recommend him. Although his site is way over commercialized, the b&a pics are damn good!

About traveling to Turkey, I don’t discriminate against a group for their ethnic/religious beliefs. If a doc does great work, that’s what counts, nothing else.

Btw, I saw your pics.. looks very good! Got a few questions for you:

1) Why don’t you like Alvi? Any controversy about him?

2) Are you averse to just Alvi or docs in Turkey in general?

I don't even know what you are talking about. Armani isn't in Turkey. He is in California. However, he WAS well known for having great hairlines because he over-harvested grafts. It's not hard to have a dense hairline when a doctor plants 85% of the your donor density in an area. The only bad part is he is wasting your grafts and there have been MANY instances where patients had bad scarring and their donor depleted because of this reckless work (not to mention half of the grafts didn't grow). Armani is minor league compared to the other doctors we are speaking about in this thread. Be serious. You have the "Google machine", use it.

Turkey could be next door for all I care....but I'm not traveling into a country where kidnapping and beheadings are going on 500 miles away...especially for a subpar hair transplant. I'm not sure why you brought up ethnic or religious or whatever beliefs....I never even mentioned that nor do I care.

People told you who the good doctors are. Not sure what else you need. I'm in no way a HT veteran.....I was firmly against getting one up until a year ago. That being said, it shocks me how much people will go for something so unsure instead of going for proven results.....it's your body for Christ sake.....just to save a few bucks or something.

Wow Matt that thread is downright frightening.Thanks for sharing that it might help some younger people avoid being lured into something similar. Yes there are still other clinics out there that use the same tricks and promises to scam people. I was totally uneducated when I began research and was almost lured into something similar. There is a doctor in south Florida that is very similar with what he preaches. He is not allowed to be spoken of on here from what I have seen but I thank God everyday I backed out. You are right this is not about money at all why go with someone unknown or take a risk when there are those on the list that are proven to be safe?

CaliHairGuy, what do you think of Alvi Armani? I checked out a Turkish doc and the work looks damn good. I'd say hes even better than Rahal.

I read that the Turkish docs are world renown, possibly the best in the world. I'm seriously considering visiting these Turkish docs. I think I'll schedule a skype call and talk to them.

What do you think about Alvi? Heard anything good about him?

Don't know anything about Alvi. Or Armani. Or any anagram of the two. What I do know is that you need to have a reputation to be considered on of the top FUT surgeons in the world. As Rahal is. As are the others I mentioned. Pictures on the Internet don't cut it. You need patient reviews and pictures.

And that link posted to Armani should be enough to answer and questions about that.

Regarding Turkey, the results seem to be hit or miss. In my opinion, people consider Turkey for cost first and foremost. And that shouldn't be the first reason ever for choosing a HT doc.