Dr. Rahal, 1829 Graft FUE on a Norwood 2, 17 mos. post-op

Dr. Rahal/ Norwood 2 / 1829 Graft FUE / 17 months post-op

This patient came to us in his late 20s looking for a dense hairline. Using 1829 grafts (totaling 3536 hairs), Dr. Rahal was able to achieve the dense look this patient wanted.

IMG_7498.JPG.b4f1d2226f172e6b7d38e9c816f683bc.JPG

IMG_7622.JPG.e8b5d4bd529b1788a9a620db037281f6.JPG

IMG_7650.JPG.6160686419c6e370ab9fd27fd72fb675.JPG

IMG_7667.jpg.d203c6c0130a79378eea0ce9b17f17b4.jpg

IMG_7671.jpg.0b07656fca3ae4743c4d45376f6e4e0f.jpg

IMG_7891.JPG.107830ba0445cb71750212be471910a7.JPG

IMG_7899.JPG.558056b943cb1f9370685256b96cc547.JPG

IMG_7919.JPG.2eb330f0eded8114e12a2aaa0a6e47fc.JPG

IMG_7934.JPG.17f1f024e9f27217d7df2c092ac6cf21.JPG

tn_DSC_0029.JPG.8af8ff3a92d373481afb5dbe964385f9.JPG

tn_DSC_0032.JPG.c40ab81e575e7bc2646b17ce59e393be.JPG

tn_DSC_0033.JPG.d2431bfeb7d4b18197c0da7d4e48fc21.JPG

tn_DSC_0034.JPG.c457545ab4b94a83a914b7d0e20686c5.JPG

tn_DSC_0036.JPG.fd61ec0e6c60e250e3908f34a1773c4e.JPG

tn_DSC_0037.JPG.35947a7a874e87d74afbf8b60316f7a4.JPG

tn_DSC_0045.JPG.5b51634d6cf3fd1305fc50c423fcc66e.JPG

Edited by RahalHairTransplant

Rahal Hair Transplant Clinic - Answers to questions and posts using this account are strictly opinions and not to be considered medical advice.

Disagree--I think this looks incredible. Amazing how dense a hairline a transplant can provide. But this is one of the ultimate "this guy didn't need work done" procedures I've ever seen. But if you've got the grafts and the urge, why not...

Although he's in his late 20s, he went from looking like a guy in his mid-30s with amazing hair and some greying to an 18 year old with no loss.

Life is unfair, hah.

1st Procedure, Oct. 2012 - 1,704 grafts FUT w/Dr. True

2nd Procedure, Sept. 2015 - 2500 grafts FUE w/Dr. Vories

FUE Progress - http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/180966-my-experience-w-dr-vories-2-500-grafts.html

FUE 1 year result - http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/184716-1-year-results-2-500-grafts-w-dr-vories.html

Is it a great surgical performance from the doctor? Yes.

Is it a great advice for the patient to go through with the hair transplant? No. Even if the patient insisted, I don't think creating an adolescent hairline on someone who has barely any hair loss is a good or ethical approach.

I'm fine with this. The guy has essential zero loss. A miniaturization check might have indicated NO loss; what he started with was essentially a mature hairline, so he might never significantly recede from that. And it's 1,800 grafts, not 3,800. And he's not 22.

Torn too. Its tough to endorse a procedure when no hair loss is evident. Many likely would not have operated on him.

That said, assuming this guy knew the long term risks I'm ok with it. His life. I just hope hes not one of those guys that loses hair in his 40s and has regrets. Not everyone accelerates at the same or a predictable rate.

Excellent work. I don't see any problem in this. This guy has great doner, I cannot seen any miniaturization at all. And he has had only 1829 grafts. Not a huge amoung of grafts have been wasted.

It is a bit funny coming from you Paleo. Wasn't your need for an hair transplant psychological as well? Which now has turned more into an depression? That is how hair loss affects one's self-esteem

I didnt mean it to be funny. Yes my hairloss affected me badly that lead to a bad decision. If this guy was a norwood 2 as stated than I was norwood 26 but my case has nothing to do with this one. It baffles me why this guy reached out to a hair transplant doctor in the first place. And I think it is debatable that he was found eligible for a hair transplant. Was it in his best interest to have a HT? Should a HT doc operate on anyone if the risks are told?

Why not? He had minimum hair loss to begin with great donor. If it makes him happy, then I wish him well.

Your hair loss was not bad to begin with. Compared to me for instance, I spend my peak years 21-25 with my bald look. Were at the same age as well.

I don't want to derail this thread/result by going off topic. Once again, awesome result which was planned well

Exactly, my hairloss was not that bad but my mind made it look worse for me. This guy had a nice mature hairline yet he still took the risk of a hair transplant. It just doesn't make sense. But why does it hurt you so much if I raise the question whether it was a good approach to offer this guy a cosmetic surgery? In my opinion this guy took on unnecessary risk to have a HT. Was his judgement impaired? Should it be the doctors responsibility to reject a patient in this case? Thats a question for debate.

Apart from that the result is outstanding.

Its completely fine to discuss the merits of a procedure when pictures are posted. This case is a bit like a woman wanting to make her perfect boobs more perfect. If you know the risks, acknowledge the potential consequences, and still decide to make the investment thats on you.

That said, many doctors would tell this guy he didnt need surgery, and I presume Rahal told him the same long before. Not a fan but not my life.

Nope why it would have hurt me?

His hair line was hardly lowered neither it looks like an kids hair line. If the hair line was lowered unethically then that would be wrong. Then the doctor would have been wrong in giving him a juvenile hair line loaded with way more grafts than 1800! Now that would have been unethical.

Just like the way you was depressed about your hair loss so was this guy. The bad news is you messed up. I wish you well mate. Lets not derail an perfect result

• Administrators

Pretty aggressive hairline for someone in their late 20's, with that being said, I don't think he'll be really bald even as he gets older, the majority of guys destined for Norwood 6 usually see the pattern by their late 20's. But the future is never certain, will he regret getting a Pre-pubescent hairline only time will tell. Enjoy it while he can that's what I say.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Not going to comment on the approach of this particular surgery.

All hair transplants are performed for "psychological reasons". There is nothing wrong with being bald, no matter how young you are. It might make you (more) unhappy, but it's no less natural. Being "more bald" doesn't somehow make you more deserving/in need of a transplant, it's elective cosmetic surgery.

Nobody needs a hair transplant.

I think the only case I've ever seen where one could argue the patient came close to "needing" one was a pro bono case Feriduni did on a child who'd suffered serious burns,

I can't comprehend why this guy was so concerned about his hair loss in the first place that he actually wanted a hair transplant. I don't want to be disrespectful but he might have had a psychological issue rather than a cosmetic issue.

Anyone who wants a hair transplant has a psychological issue, although some have greater issues than others.

• 2 years later...