I've been abandoned by MyWHTC and Dr. Patrick Mwamba

Afronation

Firstly, I should point out that I approached both Bill and Pat seeking their assistance with this matter but after 3 weeks of waiting, I've heard absolutely NOTHING. Hence, I'm seeking the assistance of other contributors with a problem I'm having with one of the recommended surgeons.

I had surgery with another doctor back in 2012 which didn't yield a good result. I approached Dr. Mwamba after hearing good reports and seeing good results displayed on this forum and others. Of particular interest was his experience with African type hair which I have albeit bot very kinky.

After consultation via Skype, Dr. Mwamba estimated I'd need 1200 grafts to achieve enough coverage so the scalp did not show. We scheduled 3 days of surgery since Dr Mwamba prefers to have a limit of 500 grafts per day with African-type hair and I had surgery with Dr. Patrick Mwamba at MyWHTC Clinic in Brussels, Belgium in April 2014.

I would like to make it clear that Dr. Mwamba was professional and attentive as were his colleagues and at no time during my surgery did I have cause for concern.

After surgery, I agreed to keep the clinic apprised of my progress with regular monthly/bi-monthly updates. At around the 1 year post-op mark, I sent photos which clearly showed that my scalp was still visible in normal daylight. I received a response from Dr.Mwamba in which he clearly stated that "we didn't accomplish a full coverage".

He said he'd be back in touch with follow up comments but, even after 2 or 3 more emails from me, I've heard nothing.

I feel like I've been abandoned by my surgeon because I don't seem to be able to establish contact.

The first three pictures are BEFORE WHTC/Mwamba. The second three are 12 months AFTER WHTC/Mwamba

and, as you can clearly see, the scalp is still clearly visible in what is hardly strong light.

The goal of this post, just in case you're wondering, is to open a dialogue with the surgeon so I can get the result I want.

IMAG0756.jpg.54711205b3283e2ce77d7607ae3f5a79.jpg

5b32e955e348a_Pic1.jpg.4222dddf11d9369c62656d1804107814.jpg

5b32e955f0ef8_Pic3.jpg.363f67cc4913846b5eda2f0059d7f07f.jpg

IMAG1591.jpg.55bc9a7f3a68ca643ade3f4043c14e18.jpg

IMAG1590.jpg.1cbad0642d2e8e2106c2c714458b0890.jpg

IMAG1585.jpg.fe0aab0244d326958db2a014f9dceffa.jpg

Edited by Afronation

Hopefully hes been traveling or double-booked but still poor customer service. Have you tried calling? I wouldn't feel bad for a second--you paid good money for a result that didnt happen. Stay on it.

• Like 1

The pictures are hard to see what the problem is but regardless of that the clinic has no good reason to not be responding to your concerns. It's also disappointing to hear that the moderators haven't responded either since it is one of their recommended surgeons. I wouldn't worry about harassing anybody, I think you should write the moderators again and try to call the clinic.

I've been away for a couple of weeks but this is the first I'm hearing of this. Email is generally not the most effective method of communication with a busy clinic. If it works, great!...but if it doesn't,making a phone call will generally get the job done. Have you also attempted sending a PM to Dr. Mwamba's rep on the forum?

I'm happy to reach out to the clinic on your behalf. I'm certain there is a good explanation for the this lapse in contact as Dr. Mwamba has an excellent reputation for customer service.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Afronation,

It's interesting how the first sentence in your post claims that you've reached out to both me and Pat and have heard nothing after 3 weeks. I guarantee that I have received nothing from you and when Pat receives something, he typically sends it onto me if he doesn't have the time to handle it himself. Since I haven't received anything from you or Pat I can only assume that whatever you sent got lost in cyberspace or you are lying.

How did you try to contact me? And what about Pat? I've provided my email address below...please send me copies of your original attempts to contact me along with dates you tried to reach out.

I have never ignored a patient who has reached out to me for help...neither has Pat. And since your post claims that you've been abandoned by Dr. Mwamba, I'm guessing that he too never received anything from you. Dr. Mwamba has a proven history of standing behind his patients and would not ignore anyone who reached out to him (just like I wouldn't and neither would Pat). So the whole basis of your post is clearly misguided at best.

All that aside, we have reached out to Dr. Mwamba asking him to review your comments and reply. I also trust that he will do what he can to help you since I'm sure this will be the first time he has been made aware of your concerns.

In the event you want to contact me privately, you can always send me a private message or email me at help@hairtransplantnetwork.com.

Best wishes,

Bill

Afronation,

It's interesting how the first sentence in your post claims that you've reached out to both me and Pat and have heard nothing after 3 weeks. I guarantee that I have received nothing from you and when Pat receives something, he typically sends it onto me if he doesn't have the time to handle it himself. Since I haven't received anything from you or Pat I can only assume that whatever you sent got lost in cyberspace or you are lying.

How did you try to contact me? And what about Pat? I've provided my email address below...please send me copies of your original attempts to contact me along with dates you tried to reach out.

I have never ignored a patient who has reached out to me for help...neither has Pat. And since your post claims that you've been abandoned by Dr. Mwamba, I'm guessing that he too never received anything from you. Dr. Mwamba has a proven history of standing behind his patients and would not ignore anyone who reached out to him (just like I wouldn't and neither would Pat). So the whole basis of your post is clearly misguided at best.

All that aside, we have reached out to Dr. Mwamba asking him to review your comments and reply. I also trust that he will do what he can to help you since I'm sure this will be the first time he has been made aware of your concerns.

In the event you want to contact me privately, you can always send me a private message or email me at help@hairtransplantnetwork.com.

Best wishes,

Bill

Wow!

It's interesting that the first thing YOU do is insinuate that I'm lying - charming.

Anyway, here's the screen shot from my message outbox complete with the dates on which I sent the correspondence. I won't bother asking you for an apology - it's enough for other forum posters to see how you react to patients. Rather than taking it PERSONALLY and taking an adversarial position straight out of the gate, you should have just asked how I contacted you.

I can provide screenshots of my Yahoo email outbox with emails sent to Dr. Mwamba if you want to call me a liar again.

5b32e95739505_MessageOutbox.jpg.e8d4dcc7a9b1df618d2c5cfe550362e1.jpg

Afronation,

If that's all that you took from my post, then you weren't reading carefully. You came online accusing both Pat and myself of ignoring you. Did you really think I wouldn't comment on this? I've never intentionally ignored a patient whose reached out to me for help in my entire life. Now, clearly something was missed on my end and for that, I do apologize. However, instead of making it sound like you were purposely ignored, you could have sent another message.

That said, we have reached out to Dr. Mwamba and I suspect he will be responding in the next couple of days. It's only Sunday so you will probably have to wait a couple of days.

Bill

I didn't imply that I'd been purposely ignored.

I just said I'd approached both you and Pat and heard absolutely nothing which was, indeed, the case.

It was a factual statement; how you interpret it is entirely up to you.

Anyway, I thank you for contacting Dr. Mwamba and I will await his response.

Afronation,

I'm sure that Dr. Mwamba will respond as soon as he is able. In the meantime, I do recommend picking up the phone and calling the clinic which I suspect will be much more effective than emailing them. I suspect that your email was somehow lost in cyberspace or caught in their junk/spam folder. I highly doubt they would be purposely ignoring you just as neither Pat nor I purposely ignored you.

Best regards,

Bill

Dear Afronation. If you haven't already been privately contacted by Dr. Patrick Mwamba today, please let me know so that I can take care of you. This degree of patient care is not in the character of MyWHTC and Dr. Patrick Mwamba. Dr. Patrick Mwamba has been traveling and away for some time over the last six months.

I truly apologize for your inability to successfully get any response from MyWHTC until today. I would appreciate it if you could contact me via PM so that I can follow-up with you and address your every concern. I look forward to hearing from you.

To forum management,

I apologize about this occurrence.

My opinions are my own. I am one representative of MyWHTC Clinic's European branch.

Consultation Dates & Cities for Dr. Patrick Mwamba

London, United Kingdom - Available (Sat.)

Zurich, Switzerland - Available (Saturday)

Bologna, Italy - Available (Saturday)

Brussles, Belgium - Available (Sun.-Sat.) *No Fee*

Dr. Patrick Mwamba is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

MrGio,

Thank you for responding to this patient's concerns I have been contacted via email by Dr. Mwamba as well and I know that he is reaching out to him also.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Dear Afronation. If you haven't already been privately contacted by Dr. Patrick Mwamba today, please let me know so that I can take care of you. This degree of patient care is not in the character of MyWHTC and Dr. Patrick Mwamba. Dr. Patrick Mwamba has been traveling and away for some time over the last six months.

I truly apologize for your inability to successfully get any response from MyWHTC until today. I would appreciate it if you could contact me via PM so that I can follow-up with you and address your every concern. I look forward to hearing from you.

To forum management,

I apologize about this occurrence.

Thanks

I've been contacted by Dr. Mwamba and am discussing my options.

• 6 years later...
  • 2 years later...