Current trend of poor FUE results on HRN

FUE2014

• Administrators
Or you didn't understand it, which is not necessarily the same thing. But seeing as you put it so nicely, let me explain further.

The end-to-end process for strip - that is to say every single step of the procedure, such as extracting the strip, stitching the wound, etc.. - usually involves a whole bunch of techs in a stage of that process. Overall, I would think it a fairly labour intensive affair, as a number of techs are required to spend hours splicing up the grafts into individual units. But the doctor's work might not necessarily be more than 3 or 4 of those end-to-end process man hours.

In FUE, I would hope the doctor would do the extractions, and if using an implanter pen, then making the incisions. The doctor in that set-up is doing maybe up to 8 or more hours of the work. So it's very labour intensive for the doctor - more so than in a standard strip. But the overall labour intensity, i.e. the total number of man hours worked on the entire end-to-end procedure, might be lower than a strip performed as above.

But there is no standard way of doing fue, and neither doctor as far as I read specifically said they were referring to their labour, or the labour involved in getting the entire thing done. I've just posited that both of them were referring to a different definition - Feller on the overall labour required and Bhatti on the doctor's labour alone.

In any event, the OP asked why there's a string of bad fue results appearing, and seeing as labour intensity isn't an intrinsic factor in why anything turns out bad or good, it's a dead-end argument.

Make sense?

But didn't Dr. Feller say and i quote "to say FUE is more labor intensive than FUT is to have never performed the procedure at all" alluding to his own labor, when Wylie countered him, he clearly asked Wylie if he had ever performed FUT, he made no mention of his team or technicians.

But nevertheless, fascinating point of view newbie, and again you have an interesting view, I'd like to just add for the 7th time no surgery is scarless, and whilst ideally we all would love to have a surgery with maximum yield and minimal scarring it is not possible with FUE, that's why it's best to preserve the donor area with FUT, because 2,000 grafts harvested means 1,0000 grafts gained to the donor region, as opposed to 800 grafts harvested via FUE which equals to 9,000 grafts taken from the donor region via FUE. Remember three strip surgeries equals untouched virgin scalp, one FUe surgery equals compromised ruined donor, thanks again newbie insightful discussion and always a pleasure :)please visit feller and bloxham.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't you see I'm not even arguing the merits of one procedure over the other? I'm trying to explain what I thought they meant by labour intensity - and saying that either way that's not a factor in why one method would give a better or worse result.

The zero scarring narrative is a dangerous one that should be avoided. It's not accurate. Happy for everyone that achieves great yield + minimal if not extremely minimal scarring with FUE,.

well for what ever reason I'm one of the lucky ones, I think a combination of Dr Bhatti's skills, a well planned out approach, not over doing a mega session and that I have fair skin which helps hide any scarring might help shine light on to the matter. Dr Bhatti does a lot of Indians that have dark skin and I am yet to see any bad scarring.

June 2013 - 3000 FUE Dr Bhatti

Oct 2013 - 1000 FUE Dr Bhatti

Oct 2015 - 785 FUE Dr Bhatti

Dr. Bhatti's Recommendation Profile on the Hair Transplant Network

My story and photos can be seen here

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/Sethticles/

well for what ever reason I'm one of the lucky ones, I think a combination of Dr Bhatti's skills, a well planned out approach, not over doing a mega session and that I have fair skin which helps hide any scarring might help shine light on to the matter. Dr Bhatti does a lot of Indians that have dark skin and I am yet to see any bad scarring.

Was just helping you avoid another debate ;)

FUT, because 2,000 grafts harvested means 1,0000 grafts gained to the donor region, as opposed to 800 grafts harvested via FUE which equals to 9,000 grafts taken from the donor region via FUE. Remember three strip surgeries equals untouched virgin scalp, one FUe surgery equals compromised ruined donor, thanks again newbie insightful discussion and always a pleasure :)please visit feller and bloxham.

You lost me?