Surgeon suggestions?

sbrundel

Hello - I am a 35 year old male, approximately a NW3 - 4. I've been on Propecia for about 10 years, and it's likely slowed my MPB, but I think I'm really starting to lose the fight and am considering a hair transplant.

I live in Kansas City. Can anyone recommend a transplant surgeon anywhere in the midwest? I am looking to avoid the strip method, and would like someone who can use the FUE method.

I know he's in Miami, but can anyone provide any feedback on Dr. Jeffrey Epstein?

Thanks for any advice.

In my opinion Konior is clearly the best in the midwest. I don't know much about his fue results though. There aren't a lot of examples but he is in my opinion the best at fut. Shapiro is another

great choice has a solid reputation. If you are willing to travel a little further Dr. Cooley is among the best and produces high quality fue results. I know Dr Epstein have researched him. He is not a recommended surgeon on this site for whatever reason probably has to do with money. He has trained some of the recommended doctors on here so I don't understand why he is not recommended. He is a great doctor but is very expensive.

I definitely think Konior is worth looking into if you wanna stay Midwest. He's in Chicago.

Or use it as an opportunity to get some winter sunshine on the west coast and fly out to LA to see Dr. Mohebi. :cool:

Regardless, you're in the right spot to find the best surgeon for you. Use the recommended surgeons here as your starting point and it'll be hard to go wrong.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

Hello - I am a 35 year old male, approximately a NW3 - 4. I've been on Propecia for about 10 years, and it's likely slowed my MPB, but I think I'm really starting to lose the fight and am considering a hair transplant.

I live in Kansas City. Can anyone recommend a transplant surgeon anywhere in the midwest? I am looking to avoid the strip method, and would like someone who can use the FUE method.

I know he's in Miami, but can anyone provide any feedback on Dr. Jeffrey Epstein?

Thanks for any advice.

For FUE, you should rather travel to Belgium or Turkey and consider one of Feriduni, Lorenzo, or Erdogan. Those guys are the best of the best for FUE. If you must stay in the US, then Konior, Ron Shapiro, and maybe Vories.

Thank you everyone for your thoughts. I will post pictures ASAP. Is 35 too young for a transplant? Since it seems like Propecia has stopped working, is this a case of it being pointless to have a transplant since it seems like I will continue to lose hair?

sbrundel,

Welcome to our community. In my opinion, don't rule out the strip method as a possibility. While FUE is a viable technique, certain candidates are better suited for strip while others may be better suited for FUE. Variables include age, degree of hair loss, risks of future hair loss, physiology, etc.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to persuade you against FUE. I'm only encouraging you to keep an open mind. Frankly, for those who need a large number of grafts to achieve a full and dense look, the best method would be to go the strip route first until you laxity no longer allows you obtain any more and then after, go for FUE if you still need grafts. For instance, I've already achieved 9600 grafts via strip and if I go for another procedure, I would end up going the FUE route.

That said, we recommend dozens of excellent hair transplants who have a proven history of producing excellent results. To see who we recommend, click here.

Best wishes,

Bill

Sbrubdei, evaluate a surgeons surgical consent forms prior to deposit, evaluate their surgical protocol. Ask if you are the only patient of the day, ask if techs work on you and if they surgically extract, ask the doc how much they are involved with your procedure. These questions will help you filter down your docs. Evaluate carefully and pick carefully, you do not want to go through headaches later. Wish you the best.

Sbrundel,

Use the find a great surgeon in your area feature at the top. Do more than a lot of research :) and read across all forums.

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

For FUE, you should rather travel to Belgium or Turkey and consider one of Feriduni, Lorenzo, or Erdogan. Those guys are the best of the best for FUE. If you must stay in the US, then Konior, Ron Shapiro, and maybe Vories.

All three of those FUE clinics use technicians for extractions. Personally I find Maras at HDC Clinic and Bisanga to be two of the top FUE surgeons that perform the extractions themselves. If you're on a budget, Dr. Bhatti and Dr. Yaman produce great results as well.

It would be wise to look at which surgeon is more likely to accommodate you best. There are many surgeons who are more conservative and less conservative with patients. Don't hope for the best, do homework on the surgeon who produces consistent results to the cases most similar to yours. Multiple consultations are beneficial as you won't decide on one surgeon in a day. Best wishes with FUE!

My opinions are my own. I am one representative of MyWHTC Clinic's European branch.

Consultation Dates & Cities for Dr. Patrick Mwamba

London, United Kingdom - Available (Sat.)

Zurich, Switzerland - Available (Saturday)

Bologna, Italy - Available (Saturday)

Brussles, Belgium - Available (Sun.-Sat.) *No Fee*

Dr. Patrick Mwamba is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians