large amounts of alcohol 3 months post op

Hi everyone,

I'm 3 months post op. I've got a number of social events soon (weddings etc) were alcohol will be involved. I haven't necessarily got the intention of getting drunk, but if I had way more than a few drinks, I'd like to know in advance if it poses any problems for the new grafts. As yet they've not grown through, so I'm wondering if the alcohol in my blood stream could hinder their new growth?

Any info would be great.

Thanks

If you are having a few drinks on occasion, it doesn't really constitute as "large amounts".

I said 'way more than a few', ie enough to make you feel drunk and give you a hangover the next day. Does this level of alcohol in the blood stream pose a problem to the new grafts?

I said 'way more than a few', ie enough to make you feel drunk and give you a hangover the next day. Does this level of alcohol in the blood stream pose a problem to the new grafts?

I'd imagine the grafts are fully healed and part of your head, with any grafts that could die already being dead from months ago, so you should be fine to get a pissed as you want.

Go ahead and drink as much as you want. The only thing you'll need to worry about is that hangover you were talking about. Your grafts will be a-okay. ;)

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

I agree. Your grafts are well anchored at this point in time.

You should be right on the threshold of seeing regrowth.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

You've nothing to worry about at three months. Your grafts are secure at this point. Go enjoy yourself!

I am an online representative for Farjo Hair Institute

Dr. Bessam Farjo is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions shared are my own.