Advice on surgeons in Turkey

benwilson

Hi guys, new here

I'm a 28-year old who's always had a high hairline, but it's been getting worse (slowly) over the last 7 years or so. As well as a receding hairline my hair's also become noticeably thinner on top. Not sure about my Norwood number - maybe 3 or 4? I've been using minoxidil (haven't noticed any results).

I'd like some advice about whether you'd recommend a hair transplant - if so, how many grafts would I need to lower my hairline by an inch or so?

I'd also like advice on who would be a good doctor to get an FUE transplant done in Turkey. I'm on a limited budget, but don't want a cheap and nasty job. The names that seem to keep cropping up are Erdogan (who seems to be the most expensive), Demirsoy and Doganay - but there seem to be hundreds of options so I'd be interested in any other names.

IMG_20150908_163918260.jpg.02b543d7a4c2f95c91c4bb69c42a994f.jpg

IMG_20150908_195212560_HDR.jpg.2b5c71b9939bf6336c67745abe04cdc4.jpg

IMG_20150908_195253311.jpg.cc8ab27e6b3b0fbe207485df81075318.jpg

IMG_20150908_195336658.jpg.f5b307d7b8d29add02f1dcf7b3e982c7.jpg

IMG_20150908_195400115.jpg.0c62de4ff89c481422bff8ff7346724b.jpg

IMG_20150908_200654162.jpg.48c71c21c506abf78fcb58e26459d8f1.jpg

Whether you are doing surgery in the US or anywhere...just do a lot of research before you proceed. There are good doctors in both of the countries you mention and there are a lot of doctors who have inconsistent or consistently poor results.

We do 40 repairs a year, 35 of them are from US doctors...so just getting it done here doesn't guarantee perfection. However, just this year (2015), I've seen 5 patients from Turkey and operated on 2 for repair work. And both are from doctors that guys have discussed on this forum.

Forums like this are a good tool for you to use to make sure you are on the right path for you personally. Use it, and don't make a foolish decision to save 1000.00 no matter who you go to.

Good luck.

Dr. Lindsey

William H. Lindsey, MD, FACS

McLean, VA

Dr. William Lindsey is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Hi there,

Ive done a lot of research on different surgeons, Dr koray erdogan is great with hairlines and has a lot of pictures and videos to back that up, he is a recommended surgeon on this forum and after 2 years of looking I've finally decided to go ahead and book with him, my operation is in 4 weeks.

If it helps you can follow my progress on here as I'll be updating at all the important stages to give back to this forum as it's helped me a lot.

Goodluck in your search for a surgeon, as Dr Lindsey said do your research as paying less could result in really bad work, 2.5 euro a graft with Dr koray is affordable for me but also he has produced some great results. But I do hope you find a good surgeon and get good results of you go through with a transplant

Hey DJMFFT I am going to have an initial consultation with Dr Erdogan in three weeks, have a look at his surgery and then book in as soon as possible. Im hoping to get my consultation around the 20th of October. What are the dates of your surgery?

Erdogan and Doganay are the two budget surgeons most highly recommended on here. They're both in Turkey.

I'm not sure what the differences are, but Erdogan's hairlines are really good (and aggressive) and Doganay does a lot of body hair transplant work. I'd probably see Doganay if I ever wanted to try BHT (Umar is pricey).

Hey DJMFFT and Raman, I'm booked with Erdogan 8 Dec. I'll send each of you a friend request and we can swap notes.

Hi erkso,

Would be great since I'll be having mine before you I'll give you all the heads up you need just send me a pm, by the way this is "DJMFFT" I made a new Acc so will be using this one so don't try contacting me on that account cheers

I set off from the uk 21st arrive in Istanbul 22nd and operate 23rd so if you have yours on the 20th I should see you there hopefully :D pm me and keep me updated

Hey HT-FUE I'm only visiting his surgery for an initial consultation with Dr Erdogan at that time. While I'm there I will pay my deposit and book in for surgery at a future date, hopefully as soon as possible, but i believe there is usually at least a month to two month waiting list for him.

I will be arriving in istanbul on the 22nd now and hopefully be staying at the Raddison? hotel where I think a lot of Erdogans patients stay while they are getting their HT. Are you staying at the Raddison by any chance?

Hey DJMFFT and Raman, I'm booked with Erdogan 8 Dec. I'll send each of you a friend request and we can swap notes.

Hey ersko

Hopefully after my consultation I can book in for my HT around December as well but maybe I will have to wait longer...

Hey HT-FUE I'm only visiting his surgery for an initial consultation with Dr Erdogan at that time. While I'm there I will pay my deposit and book in for surgery at a future date, hopefully as soon as possible, but i believe there is usually at least a month to two month waiting list for him.

I will be arriving in istanbul on the 22nd now and hopefully be staying at the Raddison? hotel where I think a lot of Erdogans patients stay while they are getting their HT. Are you staying at the Raddison by any chance?

Yes I'll be staying at the raddison :D you'll have to pm me and we can sort out finding out what each other look like, not asking round the hotel lobby "are you Raman from htn?" Hahaha people will just look at me funny

• 3 weeks later...

Hey erkso72 and HT-FUE there is a problem my end can not seem to add either of you on friend request.

HT-FUE are you still having your HT on the 23rd Dec? Im staying at the radisson and have consultation tomorrow, was hoping to catch up.

I had my personal consultation on 21st Oct

Very impressed with the clinic, the staff, everything, met Dr Koray. I had complete piece of mind from my visit and they were not pushy about booking for surgery which I expected. Although I haven't visited any other places I think you'd be hard pressed to find such a more professional place dedicated to hair transplant.

Just deciding when to get mine done!

Hey Raman,

I tried to contact you yesterday but internet wasn't great at first so figured I'd keep an eye out for you, had my consultation yesterday and surgery is today I'm also at the raddison, let me know what you're wearing I.e a certain colour shirt and I will keep my eye out for you, or we could meet in the lobby this afternoon and you can see my results? And we can talk. Hope your consultation goes well today buddy

Hey HT,

Great to hear you are all set to go. I will be going down to have the hotel breakfast at 7am and will probably hang there for a while, hopefully see a few that have just had surgery with any luck. Will be wearing a black cap and black t-shirt hope to see you then but if not, then catch up this afternoon. My appointment is at 3pm. How long are you staying at the hotel for?

All the best with your surgery!