Finasteride for only 6 months after haitrr transplant

bablu

Hello everyone,

I am new to this forum.I recently had hair transplant 3 months ago.My doctor prescribed me finasteride, mintop5cent and biotin. I have been on minioxidil for 3 years without side effect.I only started finasteride after hair transplant.But i Now i am seeing some side effects of finax..so what should i do? Should i continue taking for 6 months? Will it affect my transplanted hair growth or result?

Thankyou.

• Administrators

If you're experiencing side effects you should stop using it, immediately the sooner you get off the less chance the side effects will be permanent. If your hairloss is stabilized it more than likely won't affect your HT. You can take RU58841 it won't give you permanent side effects like finasteride.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Thankyou for reply.But my immediate concern Is i started to take finasteride after hair transplant..I already have started to see growth..maybe an early grower...but if i stop finasteride now will it affect my hair transplant growth or result?

Any talk of finasteride speeding up growth after HT is anecdotal. Maybe reduce your dosage to using fin 3 times or 4 times a week. Cutting the dosage in half could still prevent future hair loss and potentially get rid of your side effects after a while.

• Administrators

There is no proof finasteride speeds up the growth process, frankly I don't think there's any scientific evidence that would back that theory. What may be happening is that you may be growing some hair that you previously lost. It sounds to me that perhaps your side effects aren't that bad otherwise you probably would've stopped taking finasteride. It's my opinion that your sexual health is far more important than hair, but that's just my opinion, so it's up to you what you want to do, you know your body better than anyone.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

HTsoon is right on. Take Fin if you want to preserve your un-lost crown hair, or maybe keep the sides high....but it should not help an HT....otherwise why would you transplant those hairs that are "going to go" due to MPB in the first place.

And I agree...those side effects are an issue. I had all 3 side effects as my hair got fuller and fuller....I'd rather have no side effects than hair though.

Discuss this with your doctor though so that you and he are on the same page.

Dr. Lindsey

William H. Lindsey, MD, FACS

McLean, VA

Dr. William Lindsey is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Bablu.

May I ask which side effects you are seeing?

My opinions are my own. I am one representative of MyWHTC Clinic's European branch.

Consultation Dates & Cities for Dr. Patrick Mwamba

London, United Kingdom - Available (Sat.)

Zurich, Switzerland - Available (Saturday)

Bologna, Italy - Available (Saturday)

Brussles, Belgium - Available (Sun.-Sat.) *No Fee*

Dr. Patrick Mwamba is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

im down to 3 days a week on Fin, due to a lesser sex drive, this started about 6 months ago, so stopped, lost a lot of hair, went back on them, hair came back, its a vicious cycle, a cycle i see no end until i decide to buzz cut and move on in live... LOL

June 2013 - 3000 FUE Dr Bhatti

Oct 2013 - 1000 FUE Dr Bhatti

Oct 2015 - 785 FUE Dr Bhatti

Dr. Bhatti's Recommendation Profile on the Hair Transplant Network

My story and photos can be seen here

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/Sethticles/

• Administrators
im down to 3 days a week on Fin, due to a lesser sex drive, this started about 6 months ago, so stopped, lost a lot of hair, went back on them, hair came back, its a vicious cycle, a cycle i see no end until i decide to buzz cut and move on in live... LOL

Did you ever try RU58841?

View my thread

• 4 weeks later...

With the guys above, as I've stated before--would rather subject myself to 2-3 surgeries and drop more $$$$ than risk sexual health. Be objective about what you're feeling/seeing and take a calculated approach. Try not to panic. Some guys run with fin no issues, many others have poor experiences.