Possibly Botched Surgery?

Hey everyone,

New but have been browsing this network for a while.

Beginning of December 2014 I received a hair transplant from Dr. Steven Chang down in Newport Beach, CA.

While it hasn't been a year, I feel like it's been a good amount of time to see whether my hairline looks natural now and/or will look natural in time.

Should I be worried and possibly start consulting with other physicians to fix my hairline?

IMG_4224.jpg.20ad89265e2d152b7324c9d962b5e6f2.jpg

IMG_4211.jpg.3344f932031a657d04881e76eebfde2f.jpg

IMG_4220.jpg.6a8f2f71be8d8e81c4f29dda0b52cfc3.jpg

IMG_4222.jpg.64b7215e4b962a037ee1505dd35648e9.jpg

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but yes it does look like you will need some repair work to make this more natural, I'm in the same boat as you but you have only had one surgery so in my honest opinion, although you are going to have to throw more money at it, you will be an easy fix for a good Dr. Have a look through the Dr's list on here and do a lot of research and your situation will get resolved.

Agreed. It's not good work, but it's not the kind of disaster that leaves you permanently disfigured or beyond reasonable repair. Do some research, talk to knowledgeable folks, and you'll get a good repair job. This should be a relatively easy repair for a good doc. You'll probably want to wait another year to get the repair so your first procedure is fully grown out.

I agree with what everyone's saying here. And as Win200 pointed out, while it's not great, it's not a disaster that you won't be able to repair with the right doctor.

If you do want to stay in SoCal, give Dr. Mohebi a call. You can message me privately as well if you'd like.

Most likely, you'll want to wait until your grafts have all grown in so you can get a good idea of what kind of density you're working with and to formulate a good game plan for yourself. No need to rush into anything when you most likely have quite a bit of growth left to do.

Regardless, just make sure you choose a doctor recommended here. That's always going to be your safest bet. Ask lots of questions and talk to former patients as well.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

It looks ok I would do another small procedure to blend in the hairline using single hair grafts that will pull it all together and I think it will look so much more natural . I think you need a dense pack and I would recommend Dr. Feller in N.Y. My friend had a similar situation with his hairline and Dr. Feller just did a small case using singles to fill in the spaces it added nice fullness and made his hairline look very natural

I would recommend that you take your time in researching docs skilled in repair that can potentially remove some of the grafts and obviously add some.

Any graft removal comes down to either excisions (scalpel) or extractions (FUE). And if some are in fact going to be needed to be removed, remaining visible scarring becomes a critical factor to consider.

This is why you want a doc who is skilled at both methods along with a good track record in repair.

Hope everything works out for you hairymama.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY