Who's Better? Dr. Rahal or Turkey Docs?

I have and you really haven't a clue what you're doing, all I see is you being arrogant and obnoxious

100% agree with you. This guy posts a perfectly valid question on this board asking for advice regarding a comparision between Rahal and the Turkey surgeons, yet it appears he has already decided to go with FUT and Rahal, so proceeds to argue against and shoot down any advice or opinions against Rahal or FUT, in a condescending and provocative manner. Furthermore, as he is dead set on FUT, the question regarding Turkish surgeons becomes mute as the top ones don't even offer FUT - clearly demonstrating a lack of homework. Finally, if you follow this guy's trail, he seems to have always been keen on only Rahal, and I would bet you never even consultated with any other surgeon. He also keeps asking about the dense packing of 50cm as that's the max Rahal is prepared to do for him, yet Keeps going on about the fact that Rahal will produce the most dense results. I know for a fact other surgeons like Erdogan and Hasson have dense packed at greater than 60 where appropriate. Did he even bother to consult with other surgeons to see if they would go higher than Rahal's 50, as that seems to be the most important factor for him. So going back to your point, even after 5+ years of talking on this forum about "going with Rahal soon" this guy is clearly not ready and needs to do some more homework - at the least do virtual consultations with other surgeons.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I may break in at this point and stay out of any arguments. I would have opened a new post but this is the question I was going to ask. 8 years ago I had 2950 FUT with Dr Rahal which was very successful. I would like more FUE (do not want another scar) work in the crown and some mid scalp to fill out more. I wanted to play safe and stick with who I have experienced and trust BUT Rahal's prices for FUE are very high and would involve a lot of time traveling. I have looked into Turkey but reading mixed experiences, especially one very bad example for AHD clinic. I have also read here that there is guarantee of the Dr doing the actual work which also makes me nervous. I am considering the AEK hair institute but again cannot make my mind up. One thing is for sure, I really need to get a second transplant soon. Nearer to the UK the better, perhaps Belgium ? I would rather pay less for the travel and more towards the op.

. I would have opened a new post but this is the question I was going to ask. 8 years ago I had 2950 FUT with Dr Rahal which was very successful.

I don’t get it. If Rahal did excellent work as you said why do you need more HTs? I assume Rahal worked on your front scalp and not crown, is this right?

100% agree with you. This guy posts a perfectly valid question on this board asking for advice regarding a comparision between Rahal and the Turkey surgeons, yet it appears he has already decided to go with FUT and Rahal, so proceeds to argue against and shoot down any advice or opinions against Rahal or FUT, in a condescending and provocative manner. Furthermore, as he is dead set on FUT, the question regarding Turkish surgeons becomes mute as the top ones don't even offer FUT - clearly demonstrating a lack of homework. Finally, if you follow this guy's trail, he seems to have always been keen on only Rahal, and I would bet you never even consultated with any other surgeon. He also keeps asking about the dense packing of 50cm as that's the max Rahal is prepared to do for him, yet Keeps going on about the fact that Rahal will produce the most dense results. I know for a fact other surgeons like Erdogan and Hasson have dense packed at greater than 60 where appropriate. Did he even bother to consult with other surgeons to see if they would go higher than Rahal's 50, as that seems to be the most important factor for him. So going back to your point, even after 5+ years of talking on this forum about "going with Rahal soon" this guy is clearly not ready and needs to do some more homework - at the least do virtual consultations with other surgeons.

Here comes Max to tag team his old man friend Yonex. Max comes to this thread being one-sided with a specific HT doctor in Turkey, Erdogan. Its obvious he’s on a hidden agenda with this doc. Its also obvious he’s on Erdogan’s payroll and his job is to market Erdogan online, convincing others to see him and turning them away from any competition a forum member favors, namely FUT docs. He’s even registered on other HT forums where he does the same thing OVER AND OVER AND OVER. Read his replies and you’ll see he’s against great docs like Rahal. On many threads he trashes Dr. Feller consistently. Of all the docs in the world, he MOSTLY suggests Erdogan or Turkey.

I think what happened was that he was too old to have had a successful FUT procedure. In his rage, he started a personal vendetta to fight FUT docs and contacted Erdogan to work for him as a secret online rep. This link shows Max trashing Dr. Feller, Rahal, etc, and favoring Erdogan. There are many other examples:

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/179786-fut-more-popular-than-fue-post2434586.html#post2434586

He’s a sexually frustrated old man with a bad HT who thought he could attract girls 40 years younger than him with his HT. Now, he’s got no hope and no hair in a nursing home.

I have and you really haven't a clue what you're doing, all I see is you being arrogant and obnoxious

No you haven’t which tells me youre ignorant. All you do is look at the thread without reading it. Instead youre being an as’shole without a clue.

Here comes Max to tag team his old man friend Yonex. Max comes to this thread being one-sided with a specific HT doctor in Turkey, Erdogan. Its obvious he’s on a hidden agenda with this doc. Its also obvious he’s on Erdogan’s payroll and his job is to market Erdogan online, convincing others to see him and turning them away from any competition a forum member favors, namely FUT docs. He’s even registered on other HT forums where he does the same thing OVER AND OVER AND OVER. Read his replies and you’ll see he’s against great docs like Rahal. On many threads he trashes Dr. Feller consistently. Of all the docs in the world, he MOSTLY suggests Erdogan or Turkey.

I think what happened was that he was too old to have had a successful FUT procedure. In his rage, he started a personal vendetta to fight FUT docs and contacted Erdogan to work for him as a secret online rep. This link shows Max trashing Dr. Feller, Rahal, etc, and favoring Erdogan. There are many other examples:

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/179786-fut-more-popular-than-fue-post2434586.html#post2434586clue.

yes you got me there - I'm a top secret online rep for Erdogan - not only that, but I know who killed Kennedy. Oh, and now that the secret is out, will anyone from Erdogans office please PM me as I would like to collect my money now from that payroll. I accept cash or a wire transfer.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/179786-fut-more-popular-than-fue-post2434586.html#post2434586clue.

Feller basher huh??? Consistently bases Feller??? Stop it buddy, you are embarrassing yourself

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/179743-just-had-mega-session-fue-im-freaking-out-post2433843.html#post2433843

Yes, Rahal only worked on my front area as This needed the most attention. When I asked how many years would I have tillI needed more work ( hair loss is progressive) He said 5 years so I think I have done well after 8. Using LL lasers has helped slow it down. Ask around and you will find with most people who had lost a substantial amount of hair that they won't get by for life with just one transplant unless the hairloss is slow and minimal.

Yes, Rahal only worked on my front area as This needed the most attention. When I asked how many years would I have tillI needed more work ( hair loss is progressive) He said 5 years so I think I have done well after 8. Using LL lasers has helped slow it down. Ask around and you will find with most people who had lost a substantial amount of hair that they won't get by for life with just one transplant unless the hairloss is slow and minimal.

Hi soundgrower. I understand your case now. In other words, since your hair loss is very progressive, it will take an estimated 5 years or so to catch up to it with another round of HTs.. In my case, I dont need a lot of work since I'm thinning in the very front and temple area. All other areas of my scalp are still good. I can get by with shampooing on good volumizers as it makes the hair look normal. Not a lot of HT work is needed here. But I'm still concerned as I dont want to risk shock loss on the front since its the most important part of any man's hair look.

BTW, mav23100gunther still wont explain why he hates Rahal and other FUT docs, even when they've shown better quality work than his boss', Erdogan. Too late to flip the script now old man with added links. Quit working for Erdogan.. your cover has been blown.

BTW, mav23100gunther still wont explain why he hates Rahal and other FUT docs, even when they've shown better quality work than his boss', Erdogan. Too late to flip the script now old man with added links. Quit working for Erdogan.. your cover has been blown.[/quote

Good work detective, on behalf of the moderators I applaud you for your outstanding work in uncovering the top secret undercover mole. I guess I finally met my match - congratulations - all I can say is respect - YOU ARE DA MAN!!!! Now that I can no longer work for Erdogan, perhaps you can help out an old ma get a job or maybe if it's not too much, can you send one of your many women to my nursing clinic - for old times sake? I mean what are arch enemies for right? Carry on your good work detective, your country and this forum are all counting on you.

Edited by mav23100gunther

Oh, and my deepest apologies for not explaining why I apparently HATE Rahal and other FUT surgeons. I thought the answer was obvious. I guess not, so let me break it down for you. The reason I hate them is because I am a top secret agent for Erdogan, so by default I hate any surgeon that is not him. Good enough for you detective? Any other questions detective?

In my case, I dont need a lot of work since I'm thinning in the very front and temple area. All other areas of my scalp are still good. I can get by with shampooing on good volumizers as it makes the hair look normal. Not a lot of HT work is needed here.

If you only need a small number of grafts and you only have loss in the hairline I strongly suggest you consider Fue for a 1st procedure. Dr's who perform both procedures (and are ethical) will tell you the same thing. I'm not a pro but I've done years of research and have seen both procedures on several friends and acquaintances. You can always do an FUT later or a tiny 2nd FUE procedure to get more hairline density if you aren't satisfied. You can't go back in time and reverse the FUT scar. Just my 2 cents.

You can't go back in time and reverse the FUT scar.

Of course you can, silly - you just need a Time Machine! For better results, use the new mTime Machine.

Taurus, when you gonna pull the trigger?

I'm serious.  Just look at my face.

My Hair Regimen: Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

Oh, and my deepest apologies for not explaining why I apparently HATE Rahal and other FUT surgeons. I thought the answer was obvious. I guess not, so let me break it down for you

Youre no secret agent. Youre an employee of Erdogan. Proof of this is when you respond, which is like clockwork every time I reply. Like I said its too late to flip the script around. You lost ALL credibility. Go fool someone else out of their money, old man.

If you only need a small number of grafts and you only have loss in the hairline I strongly suggest you consider Fue for a 1st procedure. You can always do an FUT later or a tiny 2nd FUE procedure to get more hairline density if you aren't satisfied. You can't go back in time and reverse the FUT scar. .

I don't think you read my thread in its entirety. You must be new to my thread. So just to save you some time, I'll restate it again. I want FUT because its generally accepted that it promotes greater hair survival and increases the chances for hair density. And again, I'm not worried about scarring since I've always had and will continue to have long hair in the back. Therefore, the scar wont be visible.

Just to correct you, the scalp isn't a toy to experiment with, as you suggested that I do FUE then FUT later on if I'm not satisfied. A HT isn't a little store item that you can exchange at the store whenever you want if you're not satisfied with it. Just to paraphrase your words which make my point, you cant go back in time and reverse a scar.

Just to correct you, the scalp isn't a toy to experiment with, as you suggested that I do FUE then FUT later on if I'm not satisfied. A HT isn't a little store item that you can exchange at the store whenever you want if you're not satisfied with it. Just to paraphrase your words which make my point, you cant go back in time and reverse a scar.

I read your entire post. I wish you could speak with my close friend who's Dr. (one of the best in the US) told him he'd probably only need 1 FUT. Fast forward 10yrs and 4 FUT scars later.....

I'm not a Doctor and I've only personally know 14 guys who've had HT's.

You may not regret anything next year, or in 5 yrs or 10 yrs but 10 of the 14 guys I know had FUT. 9 of them regret it. I only know what I see. Good luck with your decision. I was really only trying to be helpful.

I did the research for months like all of you. There may have been some debate about survival rate of follicles with FUE vrs FUT in the past but with a good Doc and an excellent team I really don't think that is an issue. Once you get past the method used to extract its all the same. The big advantage is more folicles can simultaneously be havested my more people with FUT vrs FUE.

I really wanted FUE but here is the logic that made me settle on FUT.

Unless you are a density freak of nature you will be limited to about a 3,000 graft maximum with FUE. From what I gather this has to do with the sparse gathering pattern FUE uses. FUT on the other hand removes a 1-2 CM strip that varies in length depending on your need and supply and the stitch work closes the gap. From there depending on your supply left you still have the possibility of using FUE down the road.

This was the swaying option. The cost for FUE is double, I am ok with that. But the stronger option to have a second procedure was the swaying factor.

The Turkey vs Rahal was considered for about a second.

When I did my research I was more focused more seriously on a doc in Belgium vrs Dr Rahal. And as good as those two were, it was (no pun intended) splitting hairs between the two. Rahal was closer to me, I was lucky to catch him on a tour for an initial consult and I was able to see him personally in my home state. He was blunt and honest.

When I went in for my procedure his team was top notch. Rahal is a legend but what most don't realize is the support staff does the bulk of the work. The Doc does the most crucial and detail oriented work. But the support staff is a very integral part of your success. My guess is this is why you hear so many kudos to Dr Rahal staff.

I am 6 months post op and the results are fantastic. I had 3700 grafts via FUT. Dr Rahal's stitch work is second to none. I had a centimeter wide section of flesh removed from my scalp and I only have a pen line scar to show for it.

Just my 2 cents. And yes I am a real patient. below are post and current progress photos.

5b32e6b69136f_5months.jpg.56352c25bd4d10b11789945d734c406c.jpg

IMG_8189.jpg.07759bcc2070e384a4a712ac75245fdf.jpg

I had Rahal FUE and I think for the most part my density and hairline design are pretty great if you are asking for real pics these are my before and after 7 months.

Very nice! looks pretty awesome!

My mid area density is looking really good, my hairline is there but still has more density to go at 6 months.

I read your entire post. I wish you could speak with my close friend who's Dr. (one of the best in the US) told him he'd probably only need 1 FUT. Fast forward 10yrs and 4 FUT scars later.....

You may not regret anything next year, or in 5 yrs or 10 yrs but 10 of the 14 guys I know had FUT. 9 of them regret it. .

How do you know the procedure itself was to blame and not the lack of expertise of the doc? What about all those people who have had great success with FUT over FUE?

When I went in for my procedure his team was top notch. Rahal is a legend but what most don't realize is the support staff does the bulk of the work. The Doc does the most crucial and detail oriented work.

I am 6 months post op and the results are fantastic.

Looks very good! Will you go back to get more done?

When I consulted with Rahal I noticed that he was dead honest also. But you said that the staff carries out the bulk of his work. To be honest with you, I don’t want ANYONE on his staff transplanting my hair. I want Rahal himself to do it. This is something that I got to make sure about before I see him again.

I had Rahal FUE and I think for the most part my density and hairline design are pretty great if you are asking for real pics these are my before and after 7 months.

Very good.

Edited by David - Moderator

When I consulted with Rahal I noticed that he was dead honest also. But you said that the staff carries out the bulk of his work. To be honest with you, I don’t want ANYONE on his staff transplanting my hair. I want Rahal himself to do it. This is something that I got to make sure about before I see him again.

Very good.

Rahal won't do the placements of the grafts himself, in fact there is only 1 surgeon in the States that I know of that does most of the work himself, including graft placements - Dr. Konior.

Edited by David - Moderator

How do you know the procedure itself was to blame and not the lack of expertise of the doc? What about all those people who have had great success with FUT over FUE?

Looks very good! Will you go back to get more done?

Very good.

So what I am trying to stress to get a winning combination it takes way more then one doc can execute. From what I have seen and experienced you need people to move quickly, precisely and skillfully, otherwise yes you may face expiration of the extracted follicles. I am fairly confident then this is the way ALL transplants surgeries are executed otherwise the amount of transplants per day (transplanted follicles) would be incredibly low and the session would be incredibly long and the bill would be incredibly high.

I definitely understand your skepticism. But I can tell you you will feel soo much better when you talk with other patient. Before taking on this endeavor I reached out to one of Dr Rahal's former patients and discussed his experience vs results.

So after that I felt pretty good going into it. But once I got there and met a few other patients and repeat patients in waiting I felt like there was no other way to go. And dont get me wrong Dr Rahal is there every step of the way.

As far as repeat customer. Yes I would definitely go again. I unfortunately have a very short supply left so I may not have many options. I figure if they can clone a human liver, hair follicle cells are not far away. Until then I have propecia!

Good luck on your decision and may you see the best results!

Rahal won't do the placements of the grafts himself, in fact there is only 1 surgeon in the States that I know of that does most of the work himself, including graft placements - Dr. Konior.

I didn’t ask you. And I don’t appreciate the name drop as part of your job.

Before taking on this endeavor I reached out to one of Dr Rahal's former patients and discussed his experience vs results.

But once I got there and met a few other patients and repeat patients in waiting I felt like there was no other way to go. And dont get me wrong Dr Rahal is there every step of the way.

I figure if they can clone a human liver, hair follicle cells are not far away. Until then I have propecia!

That’s one thing I will never, a repeat patient. All I need is work on the front which is thinning but not that much thinning. And the temple areas. Also to note, I cant take propecia because its side effects would hamper a pre-existing medical condition.

I’m sure the repeat patients you saw at the clinic initially had very bad thinning scalps to the point where very little hair could be harvested. Hence, the need to do more HTs for them.

Did you meet this Rahal patient at the clinic or over the forum? On a scale of 1 – 10, can you rate how dense his hair was relative to his pre-op? And what about the hairline?

All need to chill out. Do I think Rahal is the best FUE doc out there....no...but he does a good job nonetheless. Who is the best?.... who knows. Nobody really knows unless you have all the data (Meaning all results, yields, etc) at your disposal. If you went to Rahal for FUE, I imagine you would be content except for the price relative to the foreign docs.

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

I’m sure the repeat patients you saw at the clinic initially had very bad thinning scalps to the point where very little hair could be harvested. Hence, the need to do more HTs for them.

Not necessarily, for most HT patients, hair loss is progressive, even on medication. So whilst the initial procedure may have been successful, they would come back for future procedures or touch-ups.

If you only need one single procedure, and that lasts you, then good on you.