Who's Better? Dr. Rahal or Turkey Docs?

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Better questions to ask yourself are what are my hair characteristics? What is my donor density like? How large an area must be covered? What is the likelihood of advancing to a high NW and running out of donor? Do I have limited financial resources? After you tackle those question choosing a suitable surgeon will be less difficult.

I believe Erdogan can provide higher dense packing than Rahal, although its debatable if going for the max is more effective (i.e. more grafts fighting for blood supply). If you have the donor supply then why not go for the maximum and guarantee the result. Hasson is another surgeon effective at getting the max number of grafts and therefore should be able to provide the dense packing you want. At the end of the day, your starting point should be who can get you with the most number of grafts, and then how much dense packing they will provide. Obviously more grafts can get you the dense packing you want.

I would therefore recommend Hasson for FUT and Erdogan for FUE

Better questions to ask yourself are what are my hair characteristics? What is my donor density like? How large an area must be covered? What is the likelihood of advancing to a high NW and running out of donor? Do I have limited financial resources? After you tackle those question choosing a suitable surgeon will be less difficult.

That is a quotable answer.

well, Turkey has a couple great doctors but also has quite a few clowns so ur question is too vague. I wud chose Erdogan over Rahal tho since Edogan is the best in Turkey hands down no debate. I think u will get better density and it will cost a hell of a lot less. hairline design wud be close imo.

I If you have the donor supply then why not go for the maximum and guarantee the result.

I would therefore recommend Hasson for FUT and Erdogan for FUE

I appreciate your reply. But there are 2 problems with your response. First, no HT doc can guarentee any result. Second, I've seen Hasson and Rahal to me seems to be a bit better in terms of density.

I appreciate your reply. But there are 2 problems with your response. First, no HT doc can guarentee any result. Second, I've seen Hasson and Rahal to me seems to be a bit better in terms of density.
no FUT doctor gives more density then H&W but then u have the dreaded tell tale I've had a HT strip scar.

"First, no HT doc can guarentee any result" - fair enough, but I think you know what I was getting at.

"Second, I've seen Hasson and Rahal to me seems to be a bit better in terms of density" - agree to disagree, I have spend hours and hours looking at pictures from both and I swear that Hasson seems to be getting better density when he doesn't spread the grafts to the crown area. Take a look at cases where he left the crown area alone. Its all relative in terms of dense packing. When I consulted with both surgeons, Dr Hasson believed he could get 1,000 more grafts in one go than Rahal believed he could get via strip. They were going after the same coverage area, and because my preference was to leave the crown area alone, obviously Hasson's assessment was more dense packing due to the higher grafts. Your question was who will give you the greatest density. If Hasson can consistently get more grafts in a single session via strip, and you are specific that you prefer density over coverage, then I stand by my view that Hasson with get you better density than Rahal. As I said, we agree to disagree.

no FUT doctor gives more density then H&W but then u have the dreaded tell tale I've had a HT strip scar.

Are you serious?? I went to H&W's website and looked at the photos. And to me Rahal produces more density. Also, those guys who had HTs on H&W according to what I saw need more work. Its like they got more forehead than hair restored. Not a good look in my opinion.

I think it's pretty well established by now that if you want a very dense, natural hairline, then Rahal is one of the very, very top guys (for strip, at least).

Hi win200. Can you tell me what are your thoughts on strip and FUE? Which is a better "guarantee" that the hair wont die? Which is better in terms of density?

Hi win200. Can you tell me what are your thoughts on strip and FUE? Which is a better "guarantee" that the hair wont die? Which is better in terms of density?

Well, that's a contentious and well-debated topic. It's pretty established that strip has a higher graft survival rate than FUE. Just exactly HOW much better is the controversy; some folks say it's a minor difference (~5%), and others claim its more significant (~20%). I will say that, by and large, the FUE results I've seen appear somewhat less dense than the top strip results. This difference diminishes in the hands of the very, very top FUE practitioners--mainly in Turkey. I will say that, as someone living in the U.S., I would absolutely travel abroad if I were to get an FUE procedure. I'm getting a second procedure with Dr. Rahal in October (strip), and I stand by that as the best decision for me.

"Which is a better "guarantee" that the hair wont die?" - Strip. Dr Feller posted a very informative video on this topic a few days ago. Its a must see.

"Which is better in terms of density?" - One method over the other will not make a single difference if your surgeon can get the same number of "survived" grafts. Strip surgeons can get more grafts in one single session than FUE surgeons for the most part if you are looking for a mega-session. Dr Erdogan and other Europeans are the exception to the rule though as they seem to be doing a sick number of FUE grafts in one session over two days.

You get a strip OR FUE - you grow your hair - no scar(s) visible and no one can tell. :)

You get a strip and shave, you asked for it. :(

You get FUE and shave, maybe some scarring, maybe not. :confused:

No guarantees, no warranties, no reversing the procedure. :eek: That why it called 'elective' surgery.

It's your head, your life, and no two are alike.

I'm serious.  Just look at my face.

My Hair Regimen: Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

I saw it. Thanks! I'm definitely going to get FUT (strip). I also stumbled upon "ultra refined follicular unit grafting." I wonder if Rahal performs this also.

Well, that's a contentious and well-debated topic. It's pretty established that strip has a higher graft survival rate than FUE. Just exactly HOW much better is the controversy; some folks say it's a minor difference (~5%), and others claim its more significant (~20%). I will say that, by and large, the FUE results I've seen appear somewhat less dense than the top strip results. This difference diminishes in the hands of the very, very top FUE practitioners--mainly in Turkey. I will say that, as someone living in the U.S., I would absolutely travel abroad if I were to get an FUE procedure. I'm getting a second procedure with Dr. Rahal in October (strip), and I stand by that as the best decision for me.

Hi win200. Appreciate the followup. I'll then get strip for the best hair survival rate possible. And now I got some thoughts based on what you said about Turkish docs.

You mentioned going to Turkey as the best alternative to Rahal for strip. So why are you going to see Rahal rather than the docs in Turkey?

Just to let you know, I saw pics of Dr. Erdogan and Koray. When I compare them to Rahal's results, they dont look as good. Rahal appears to generate more density than these Turkish docs. I'm saying this out of pure observation.

Also, do you know if Rahal perfroms "ultra refined follicular unit grafting?"

Also are you comparing apples with oranges? Yes, Dr Rahal's strip results are going to look much better than the Turkish surgeons FUE results in terms of density, but if you compare Dr Rahal's FUE results with theirs - then different story.

Its not apples and oranges. What are you talking about? If strip offers better density than FUE then strip is the best solution. The point is to get the best solution for the scalp, no matter what procedure is involved. Bottom line, men's objective in HTs is hair density. It doesnt matter where I go or what the procedure. As long as I get the best treatment, thats what counts.

As I said, I notice a difference when comparing Rahal's results with those from Turkey. Turkish docs are very good at their craft. But from what I saw, the results look "incomplete." For example, I was able to easily see the scalp of several men after a year post op. And at the end of many video clips, a message would come up statng, "patient will come back for a second HT." That doesnt sound right. That seriously turned me off.

However, I do greatly appreciate your thoughts. If Rahal never had existed, I'd travel to Turkey. But Rahal impresses me a bit more. Believe it or not, I was close to changing my mind and going to Turkey. But I got to get the best treatment I see fit for myself.

Its not apples and oranges. What are you talking about? If strip offers better density than FUE then strip is the best solution. The point is to get the best solution for the scalp, no matter what procedure is involved. Bottom line, men's objective in HTs is hair density. It doesnt matter where I go or what the procedure. As long as I get the best treatment, thats what counts.

I haven't seen ANY strip doctors perform better work the Erdogan has with FUE so you can think wat u want but in the end you WILL have the dreaded "I had a HT strip scar" no matter how you slice it wen choosing to go FUT. doesn't matter who you chose!

then you will need MORE FUE grafts to fill in ur strip scar so FUT is NOT the best solution period!

If your only expectation is a "dense" hairline then you leaving yourself open to a major disappointment in the future. Most surgeons are capable of producing a low dense hairline, the question really is should they actually do it.