Michael Vories, MD FUE 4023 grafts

30 year old male who presents to our clinic last year with very good hair characteristics. Hair caliber was measured at 80 microns, with a natural wave to his hair that will help to cover his vertex and midscalp. We planned on a 4000 graft FUE session over two consecutive days, and he returned this week for an 8 month follow-up.

4023 grafts were extracted using an 0.85 mm Vortex punch, with average hair per graft of 2.3. Grafts were implanted with Hans Hair Implanters. All grafts extracted and placed by the physician.

01.jpg.ec036773af5b139438a0d7f23a3b2b3a.jpg

02.jpg.e0875e9b8ba5f54343f63499424ab767.jpg

03.jpg.752f594c1079724eb08f918f8d11a3db.jpg

04.jpg.c3438a736df6e65d1714b0ce9b57c474.jpg

05.jpg.b5e338bc5bd5e3ee64d34cc11adb4558.jpg

06.jpg.10e9657cbf9d500044070eb732c63bf0.jpg

07.jpg.acc6dd1b9fd2b030ff4e3465305bd5a8.jpg

08.jpg.d5fbaf1fd0faaa45d5e754399325185d.jpg

09.jpg.10c78dd4e1666215cec7cfa11f9c3b50.jpg

10.JPG.e738817f14c30c11566a37ef259eded8.JPG

11.JPG.1aea385c881a3b605131b1a4fbcfa9cc.JPG

12.JPG.cc4c0815496e266cfaf99daa25f9c406.JPG

13.jpg.46793a1fc2a8b9ec955f2f72fc955fe0.jpg

14.jpg.cbeff8f1a0eb4488d0d23ee5f9a2946c.jpg

15.jpg.d84ac712908aa8e5ee0772e73d1bad7a.jpg

Looks like great yield, but I would try to work on better photos in the future. The industry is so competitive now that the proof is in the pudding and detailed shots need to be shown. Your getting great yield and I think your work has improved sonce saying goodbye to the neograft. Your cost point is the best for recommended docs in the US so I think you have a real opportunity right now for your name to really blow up. Unfortunately, photos like this won't do it. One can't make many comments on it as it is besides it looks to be good yield or maybe something about hairline placement. With the money that you spend on advertising, it seems that it would be a great benefit to get to know the camera and your lighting. I'm not an expert, but it looks like your exposure time could be increased given the grainy quality? You can tell it's not on purpose because the pre ops have the same thing going on.

Anyway, just my advice, I'm sure you're booked up as it is so it may not matter from a monetary stand point, but I think having your photographer learn the camera will pick your presentations up quite a bit and I think inquiries by prospective patients will follow.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

I wud agree. ur photos really need improvement. big poofy head pics really don't tell much as far as the final result goes. too much comb over wen its that long.

ur prices are very reasonable tho considering were in the US.

Looks like great yield, but I would try to work on better photos in the future. The industry is so competitive now that the proof is in the pudding and detailed shots need to be shown. Your getting great yield and I think your work has improved sonce saying goodbye to the neograft. Your cost point is the best for recommended docs in the US so I think you have a real opportunity right now for your name to really blow up. Unfortunately, photos like this won't do it. One can't make many comments on it as it is besides it looks to be good yield or maybe something about hairline placement. With the money that you spend on advertising, it seems that it would be a great benefit to get to know the camera and your lighting. I'm not an expert, but it looks like your exposure time could be increased given the grainy quality? You can tell it's not on purpose because the pre ops have the same thing going on.

Anyway, just my advice, I'm sure you're booked up as it is so it may not matter from a monetary stand point, but I think having your photographer learn the camera will pick your presentations up quite a bit and I think inquiries by prospective patients will follow.

Before I even scrolled down to read spanker's reply I was thinking the same.

Now that Joe Tillman is independent perhaps you should hire him to advise on consistent photos.

One or two of the above look like he has concealers although maybe that is blurring.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

Forgive me i looked on my cell phone then after taking a second look on PC yep I must agree it do look kinda grainy pics & they say a picture says a 1000 words but not 1001.

Saying that & giving the fact on not the greatest photo shoot this Pt looks like that a big change overall.

From what I've seen here lately with this particular Dr is coming out with above average results esp for a US Dr doing FUE at a effordable prices per a graft.

Thanks for the comments. I agree that we need better definition with our photos. When we take the them, it seems like they look fine. But these photos are of the entire head. When they get cropped to the eyebrows and above, the photos get enlarged. That is when it appears we lose the definition. In the future we will try to get a separate set of photos of just the eyebrows up and see if that improves the definition. For us getting feedback like this is one of the great functions of the Forum.

Dr Vories,

Impressive coverage! Thanks for sharing!

I do have a question though: did you notice a change in the texture of the transplanted hair compared to the surrounding native hair? Or does it look this way because of the image quality? I know it generally takes 9-12 months for the "kinky, wiry" appearance of the grafts to fully resolve and normalize as well. This patient is only 8 months, so this could be an aspect too.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Blake- the kinky appearance at months 6-9 is something we see often. I did not notice any transition between native and transplanted hair, although his hair was very short the morning of the surgery. This kinky appearance seems to straighten out in most patients by the one year post-op mark.

Makes sense! Thanks, Dr Vories.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.